Apple-Garlic Miracle Harvest Chronicals

Think that last one isn't gonna pull through, it's got small leaves, but them cotyledons aren't greening up or trying to open up. I'll let it keep trying for 2 more days but if I see nothing from it gonna let it go lol.

IMG_20240529_110929_146.jpg

These babies just popped not so long ago, they were pretty small thos morning they respond to light so quick. I don't think they're getting enough in that windows seal, focusing too much energy on growing up instead of new leaves

Might want to move the light overhead! :laugh:
I don't have a supplemental light, I'm growing outdoors. They're in a windows seal for
now tho cause they just popped

To cold to be outside still? At least rotate them mid-day so their backs don't ache.
I've been rotating every hour or so they keep bending back to the damn light

Earwigs...
I made some of these from some scrap wood. They work really well. I just went out every morning, took the lids off, and knocked the earwigs out to their doom. 🥾
Screenshot_20240601-074709~2.png

Ring the tray in diatomaceous earth. That will protect them.
Yeah so far has been working like a charm, it's like a salt ring for the little demons. Lmfao

I made some of these from some scrap wood. They work really well. I just went out every morning, took the lids off, and knocked the earwigs out to their doom. 🥾
Screenshot_20240601-074709~2.png
What are those metal beams? They're attracted to metal like magnets and moisture I've noticed. They typically don't attack the plants that often and when they do it's not the whole plant just munches on my leaves until they're satisfied.

What are those metal beams? They're attracted to metal like magnets and moisture I've noticed. They typically don't attack the plants that often and when they do it's not the whole plant just munches on my leaves until they're satisfied.
Those are pieces of wood with channels cut along the length of them. After you put a thin plank on top the earwigs crawl in there for shelter during daylight.
That's the thumbnail for a video on how to make them.
Mine have been moved because of work going on in the backyard, but I'll try to find them today.
I almost lost a couple of young plants to earwigs a few years ago until I cut their population down with the traps.
A piece of cardboard laid flat on the ground works too, but you have to be pretty quick stomping them when you lift it. Those little buggers are fast.

Those are pieces of wood with channels cut along the length of them. After you put a thin plank on top the earwigs crawl in there for shelter during daylight.
That's the thumbnail for a video on how to make them.
Mine have been moved because of work going on in the backyard, but I'll try to find them today.
I almost lost a couple of young plants to earwigs a few years ago until I cut their population down with the traps.
A piece of cardboard laid flat on the ground works too, but you have to be pretty quick stomping them when you lift it. Those little buggers are fast.
Glad it's not just me at war with these little fckers. Not Glad any of us are in this war however.

Glad it's not just me at war with these little fckers. Not Glad any of us are in this war however.
Here's my WMD for them.
As you can see you need to make new ones every few years.
20240601_085821.jpg

20240601_085829.jpg

Wife picked up some bamboo sticks and plant ties while I was at work to keep everything from falling over they're outside now since 5 am this morning I'm not brave enough to be leaving them outside at night til they're a bit older tho or under I can get the materials for that earwigs trap

Back
Top Bottom