Archiweedies 2nd Grow - Hydro Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II LED

Re: Archiweedies 2nd Grow - Hydro Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II

Whatever you can do. I cover the outside of my rez with 1/4in foam and then a cut down windshield reflector wrapped around shiny side out and it works good. Tent temps in the mid to low 80s mostly and my rez stays under 69F. Before the cooler my rez was high 70s(perhaps even into low 80s)

Whatever you can do. I cover the outside of my rez with 1/4in foam and then a cut down windshield reflector wrapped around shiny side out and it works good. Tent temps in the mid to low 80s mostly and my rez stays under 69F. Before the cooler my rez was high 70s(perhaps even into low 80s)

Got the ice probe in today, got the day off tomorrow. Gonna get the thang done!! Here's an update pic. Look guys I know the odds are stacked against me on this one but I'm feeling like it's doable. I really need to make it into the flower box asap because it is lined with insulation inside and out. The temps are a constant -10 f ambient or so. 102 yesterday in my garage. It was 91 in the box. Not great, I know. But it's my reality as far as indoor grows go.
420-magazine-mobile1268548099.jpg

Green Leaves and Good Vibes!

Re: Archiweedies 2nd Grow - Hydro Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II

Do you use any type of Silicon supplement? Among other things (bug resistance and stronger stems) it's supposed to help with heat resistance. I've been using Dyna Gro's Pro-Tekt but mainly for stronger stems so I can't attest to how well it does for heat. I've had temps in the mid to upper 80's before and never had a problem, but it was a temporary spike and nothing long term.

Do you use any type of Silicon supplement? Among other things (bug resistance and stronger stems) it's supposed to help with heat resistance. I've been using Dyna Gro's Pro-Tekt but mainly for stronger stems so I can't attest to how well it does for heat. I've had temps in the mid to upper 80's before and never had a problem, but it was a temporary spike and nothing long term.

Right on FS! I'm using Hydroguard, Z7, and great white. I have used dyna gro, but not protekt. Long as it doesn't interfere with my other nutes, it wouldn't be the worst way to spend some money as extra protection.

You know I literally just looked at the full product description and realized I need this. I use dyna gro grow on my outdoor garden. Even if it doesn't work in my res, it will work out there! I bought it already haha thanks FS!

It also acts as a pH up. Just make sure to follow the directions and add it first before adding other nutes when mixing your feed or it will fall out of suspension and create solids.

I think it's a good idea when not growing in soil because otherwise the plant is missing out on silica/silicon that is natural in soil and not available otherwise.

It also acts as a pH up. Just make sure to follow the directions and add it first before adding other nutes when mixing your feed or it will fall out of suspension and create solids.

I hope protekt and AN PH perfect can work together. I may give AN a call to check.

420-magazine-mobile104833464.jpg

Forgot to share this earlier today.

An has a silica product if you're worried about compatibility. Rhino Skin its called. I use it and notice that my stems and branches get woodier and my leaves are stronger.

An has a silica product if you're worried about compatibility. Rhino Skin its called. I use it and notice that my stems and branches get woodier and my leaves are stronger.

Okay awesome. Maybe I'll just pick that up too. Like I said I use the dyna grow outside. I should be using this in my conditions I think.

Day 16 - Well she's growing fairly fast despite her horrendous conditions. 100 degree weather a couple times and I dare not look at the water temps. Okay they were in the 90's I looked so what sue me haha! Z7 and hydroguard are putting in work. I am adding a silicone (or is it silica?) product to hopefully give Hope more tools to fight this heat.

She's got a spa day today. We're doing about 3 hours of ponytailing. I don't know what I'm doing I just saw more awesome growers around here doing it and it seems safe for autos when done with care. I know longer sessions are typical but I don't want her to work to hard in this heat.
420-magazine-mobile1715724517.jpg

My ponytail sessions normally are about the 4 hour mark. I'd like to do 6, but the way my schedule works, it ends up being 4 instead. Somewhere around 4 days worth and you should notice a difference.

My ponytail sessions normally are about the 4 hour mark. I'd like to do 6, but the way my schedule works, it ends up being 4 instead. Somewhere around 4 days worth and you should notice a difference.

I been trying to post an update here for you guys and my first ponytail session turned out well. I also insulated the res with reflectix and installed the ice probe.
Check it:
420-magazine-mobile415034170.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1984015536.jpg
420-magazine-mobile109376827.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2097938107.jpg

She sure doesn't seem to be minding the heat. Looks nice and healthy.

She sure doesn't seem to be minding the heat. Looks nice and healthy.

Thanks man. Mother Nature has been merciful somewhat lately. Still in the 90's but not terrible. I noticed her leaves are very straight and flat. I hope to keep em there!

It must be that new Northern Lights x Cactus cross I've been hearing about. :rofl:

It must be that new Northern Lights x Cactus cross I've been hearing about. :rofl:

Haha man pizza bagel bites almost went flying... shit you not hahaha

Day 17- well no real new photos today but I have some interesting developments. First of all I'm a fan of pony tailing so far. I accidentally did too much today but she looks fine. The other news is that Ambient temps are 86 in the garage and water temps are at 73. That's with a melted 1/2 gallon ice cube that I put in there at the beginning of the ponytail session around 11:00am.

I had a leak from the ice probe but I think I got it fixed now. The weather is supposed to raise back up a lot on Monday. Should be interesting!

Day 20 - All done with what I'm gonna do for ponytailing. I want to do some LST but I'm not sure how to really do it with such a squatty plant. Should I wait until she gets taller and then bend her over? Or should I try to spread her out and train her in a star pattern?(when looking from above)

I think the ponytail was real nice and will put it in my bag of tricks.
420-magazine-mobile617376702.jpg

Back
Top Bottom