Archiweedies 2nd Grow - Hydro Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II LED

Re: Archiweedies 2nd Grow - Hydro Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II

Man it's been longer than anticipated but here goes...

This is gonna be a snapshot of my garden indoors and out. It's relevant cause we'll see some old friends from the beginning of the journal.

Here's our two SLH beta testers.
420-magazine-mobile1662742039.jpg
420-magazine-mobile873021942.jpg

Next are Hope's sisters:
420-magazine-mobile513068064.jpg

420-magazine-mobile775933729.jpg
420-magazine-mobile356373450.jpg

Here's Hope :
420-magazine-mobile1629591935.jpg

She's starting to flower at the same time as she was transplanted. Not good but she is really fighting the good fight. I would not hesitate to train plants indoors and then flower them outdoors. It's fantastic what the sun is capable of and I can only imagine what a plant trained as this one was could do.

Here's a sneak peek at what's going on next for me.
420-magazine-mobile1209858292.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1875819400.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1058360173.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1924969259.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2076670775.jpg

I don't think I took any pics, but the clones I took from the SLH and Hope rooted successfully. I was just experimenting with the SLH so I tossed em'. I kept two of the Northern's and put em in solos with Vermifire or some soil I had. Their in the box.

It's safe to say I have a growing .problem!

Re: Archiweedies 2nd Grow - Hydro Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II

Nice man its looking great in your garden!

Thanks Toast! I got some things in store soon. Your grows looking amazing! The Dwarf Star is nice huh?

Got a couple pics of the outdoor NL's that were harvested recently.
Came away with exactly a zip dried between two plants. Not ideal, but considering they were stunted and I got a great deal of outdoor experience under my belt, it's progress.
I've got a total of 8 plants right now and it's kinda crazy lol.
420-magazine-mobile675526631.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1263749329.jpg
420-magazine-mobile623302956.jpg
420-magazine-mobile335407066.jpg

I always struggle with drying and curing. I'm forced to dry in my garage or outdoors. Ambient temps were gentle, but it still dried in less than 4 days.

I had a slight hay smell before I put them in jars, now the jars smell like grass kinda. If I squeeze the buds or grind them, the NL smell is there. This happened to my SLH as well. Is it drying too fast? Is that why I'm losing the smell? The taste is there and it packs a decent punch so I'm happy enough, but always looking to learn.

Hope everyone is well!

You should get the smell you're looking for if you cure for a period of time. If its in there curing will draw it out. Tasty looking buds you got hangin there. Nice job.

You should get the smell you're looking for if you cure for a period of time. If its in there curing will draw it out. Tasty looking buds you got hangin there. Nice job.

Thanks Scrog! The smell is there for sure. As soon as you squeeze the nugs, the smell appears. I shall continue to burp and cure. Is it normal then to lose the smell? I lost my SLH's smell and they have it when you grind it up too.How long do you generally burp for?

I usually burp 3-4 times a day for about 5 minutes the first week. Then twice a day for a couple of weeks. Then I throw a 62% boveda pack in the jars and burp once a week.

I bought a couple of small plastic humidity meters from the hardware store and put them in a couple of the jars to have an idea of where the humidity is at. I think I paid about $3 each for them. That really helps to know when to burp.

Hmm maybe my prob is I'm going straight from drying to jars with bovedas.

Well folks sometimes you win sometimes you lose. This time I didn't get a harvest out of this plant. Fear not my third journal is in full swing. Please swing by and say hello. Although I didn't score any mega buds, I definitely learned a lot about hydro and what my limits are with growing in such a hot area. I've learned a lot about what I can and cannot expect out of herb grown in less than ideal conditions.

See you on the next one!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :thanks:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Congrats Archie, looking forward to your next journal. .

Thanks PDub, it's up and running mate. Have a look!
420-magazine-mobile340955986.jpg

Well folks sometimes you win sometimes you lose. This time I didn't get a harvest out of this plant. Fear not my third journal is in full swing. Please swing by and say hello. Although I didn't score any mega buds, I definitely learned a lot about hydro and what my limits are with growing in such a hot area. I've learned a lot about what I can and cannot expect out of herb grown in less than ideal conditions.

See you on the next one!

That's the life, and lucky we will learn more from it.

Thanks PDub, it's up and running mate. Have a look!
420-magazine-mobile340955986.jpg

New growth are great:thumb:

Gl on this round bro you can do it!

Thanks Nizzly I'm feeling fantastic about and I have a big day 30 update tomorrow. Make sure and check it out .

Well I'm going to switch the light to 12/12 I think. Part of me is worried I don't have room for this thing if it stretches much more. The other part is worried I'm not going to have the light spread for it if I keep taking in horizontal.

The other option is to take some clones and try to transplant it outdoors to flower. I would have to get it into some soil. Probably need a 10gallon container to get the roots comfy.

What do you guys think?

Hey man. I've seen you around in Flower's thread. Actually came across your post about the NL not flowering and being 54 days or so. I'm pretty much in the exact same situation with two different strains from Nirvana, Blueberry Kush Auto & White Widow Auto. I'm at day 52 and just now starting to show white hairs. I'm curious, did your plant actually start budding before throwing it outside? Or before any 12/12? This is my Second grow as well. I've read mixed reports, some saying that if you veg your Auto until it shows first signs of flowering (around 6-8 weeks from sprout) then swap to flowering nutes you get a bigger auto with a higher yield. Then on the other side I've read that they are probably not Auto's if they are 7 weeks and only showing white hairs by that point.

Yep, I'm confused as hell.... I did run the veg nutes a bit longer this time than I did with my first grow. So that may very well be the case. (My first grow started flowering at 2-1/2 weeks. I grew two autos fighting root rot the entire grow and they still gave me just under 6 OZ total combined dry weight)Everything else is seemingly looking good (no root rot or anything like that). So I'm pretty sure nothing was stunted. These grows have been a great learning experience for sure. Anyways, any info you might have to give me on the NL you had would be great. Keep up the good work! I'll be subbing your current grow.

Edit: I guess I should also mention that these girls are sitting in 5 gal dwc bubblers too.

Back
Top Bottom