Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

hi guys question from a first timer , how long should one wait after a small topping session say 1 or 2 tops , before you can switch to fower .I am growing reg pheno sativa with long flower time ...plants are nice and healthy

Do you think i should at least give them a week or two so the two shoot off stems get a bit bigger ?

Or will the transion time to flower be enough for them to heal ?

thanks the for the information, i really need to slow her growth though shes twice the size of my 3 other plants and i really want an even canopy . i think ill wait another week to top her and stunt growth a little until the others catch up . i cant believe how thick her stalk is already and i just transplanted her 5 days ago into that 5 gallon pot and her roots are poking through the drain holes .
Pinching will slow the growth too and forces explosive growth on the rest of the plant.....just a thought

hi guys question from a first timer , how long should one wait after a small topping session say 1 or 2 tops , before you can switch to fower .I am growing reg pheno sativa with long flower time ...plants are nice and healthy

Do you think i should at least give them a week or two so the two shoot off stems get a bit bigger ?

Or will the transion time to flower be enough for them to heal ?

Mostly depends on your media and whether the rest of the plant is healthy. If in soil, expect to wait a bit longer for her to heal, but once healed and normal growing commences, getting her in bloom will promote the stretching you want.

Topping is actually removing the top and causing the stem to branch into two stems....pinching is just when you squeeze the stem between your thumb and forefinger until you hear/feel a pop. That pop will be the inside of the stem breaking but the outside of the stem remains without injury. The spot where you pinch will heal to form a knot which will in turn cause allow for more nutrients to travel to the bud sites. Its similiar to pinching a garden hose to create more pressure which in turn causes the hose to spray harder

I am growing in soil organic mix with some perlite plants are about 60 days old from seed

she was topped at about 4 weeks and lst in a v shape ... the two shoots became nice and thick and she filled out nice but the one main top on the right of the v shape was growing way to fast and hogging all the light so i lst her to the same hight as the left side and topped it

Sounds good.....if you ever have that situation again another route you could go besides topping would be to supercrop. That way you control the height without removing any budsites...they usually heal from that within a few days and imo make the buds fatter as well
420-magazine-mobile119030260.jpg

Have seen a couple new folks like me needing to get a better look at whats goin on with their babies. I use the eyepiece off of an old rifle scope, works quite well for me and I already had it.
420-magazine-mobile705433420.jpg

420-magazine-mobile700244806.jpg

This is my first indoor grow going at it all alone and my buddy asked me how much longer I think the plant that's flowering has and I realized I have no clue, guess I'm gunna have to go out and get a damn hand scope or whatever.
420-magazine-mobile66595948.jpg

There's my girls they popped the same day the one in the front was topped like day 14 and the plant that is flowering was topped like two and a half weeks after I wasn't going to top it but someone told me it could help with the height a little too

This plant is about 7 weeks from seed, and is still in veg. It's beginning to show preflowers, and it's looking male (ball on stem). Looking for an expert to confirm. Is it male?

OBS1Preflower2.jpg

OBS1Preflower.jpg

yup that looks male to me ... female preflowers dont have stems they sit straight against the stalk

Thanks. Damn shame...he's the best looking of the bunch...big and healthy.

I am n new grower but from what ive seen male flowers are sacks but this is my first grow .... will those become the sacks ? pre flower as in before sacks ok ... female would have two pistles right ?

Back
Top Bottom