Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Good day all i need some help please my two ladies have been growing great until this week i flipped to 12 12 ... Today is day 5 and i have some lower leaves turning color .They were last fed on monday with the same nutes i have been using through veg .Its a soil perlite grow watering them by hand when pots get lite

Can some one tell me if this is a deficiency or excess of nutes ? I know its normal for this to happen later in flower .My feed schedule might be a little light as i use non canna spacific nutes i was to scared to try a full feed with it

Thanks for any advice

IDK what you mean by "non canna specific", but luckily I came across something similar this morning with someone else. My suspicion is Nitrogen toxicity and it is supported by your continued use of veg feed during bloom. Veg feed is high in N, whereas bloom feed starts with much less N and than the N is tapered off to zero by mid bloom. So please adjust your feeding to a bloom schedule if possible, otherwise try to acquire a brand of nutes that permits this. Also, certain soils are also high in N, and if this is the case, you might be battling this till harvest.

Continue to research, Google is your friend, don't trust my findings unless others agree.

Thanks skybound and tricam I am from south africa and here we have 2 hydro supply stores that i know of and hundreds of miles away and both heavily overpriced as all is imported from US.Our currency is pretty weak so buying online is quite expensive. nutes i use are these below at 1/4 and once at 1/2 but got a bit off burn on the tips so i held back and they got much better and bigger , with all the lst together the 2 are about 4 to 5 feet wide

420-magazine-mobile1288770261.jpg

Thanks again , i think i will keep an eye on them for the next few days and if it spreads i will take action

So I decided I better go ahead and check her neighbors trich's as well...this is what I found on a small clipping off of her top bud...

Same as the other girl, 75 days of flower, just a different strain

20170623_114745_2_.jpg
20170623_114755_2_.jpg
20170623_114907_2_.jpg
20170623_114934_2_.jpg
20170623_114946_2_.jpg
20170623_115210_2_.jpg
20170623_115214_2_.jpg
20170623_115246_2_.jpg
20170623_115322_2_.jpg
20170623_115326_2_.jpg
20170623_115341_2_.jpg
20170623_115346_2_.jpg

I thought she was going to be at least a week behind but I think she is ready now. She through me off because her trichs seem to have went from clear to amber. Maybe I just didn't watch close enough to see them go cloudy but either way, it looks like she ready for the flush too, doesn't it?

I'm really sorry if I am blowing up the thread, this is the last one for a while I promise :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was wondering the same thing looking at the pictures. Seems you have clear, clear amber and mostly but very few cloudy.
Seems odd that even some amber trichs have clear in them too... you would think it would be Cloudy/amber not clear/amber...
wondering if buds further away from the light shows more cloudy? Wondering if it's possible with too much heat or light to go from clear to amber due to rapid degradation - basically happening before trichs can get rich with thc...

If so, how does it affect harvest time... because to me, I would think you were ready to harvest- based on amount of amber trichs..

I was wondering the same thing looking at the pictures. Seems you have clear, clear amber and mostly but very few cloudy.
Seems odd that even some amber trichs have clear in them too... you would think it would be Cloudy/amber not clear/amber...
wondering if buds further away from the light shows more cloudy? Wondering if it's possible with too much heat or light to go from clear to amber due to rapid degradation - basically happening before trichs can get rich with thc...

If so, how does it affect harvest time... because to me, I would think you were ready to harvest- based on amount of amber trichs..

It does seem odd. Very good questions. Those were from a top bud from what I would call the second canopy. I have 4 larger colas sticking up about 6-8 inches taller than her. She has been about 24"-30" from the LED throughout flower. I have had some heat issues due to a heat wave over the past week or so. Temps got as high as 85 in the the grow room, but not for too long. The clear/amber is really throwing me off.

Thanks skybound and tricam I am from south africa and here we have 2 hydro supply stores that i know of and hundreds of miles away and both heavily overpriced as all is imported from US.Our currency is pretty weak so buying online is quite expensive. nutes i use are these below at 1/4 and once at 1/2 but got a bit off burn on the tips so i held back and they got much better and bigger , with all the lst together the 2 are about 4 to 5 feet wide
Thanks again , i think i will keep an eye on them for the next few days and if it spreads i will take action

That looks like a good mix of all the macros, but for bloom, that high concentration of N is going to be hard to deal with. If/when next time you visit your local store, look for a product that is close to zero N, and higher volume of phosphorus and potassium. I've found that synthetic nutes and organic nutes don't mix good at all, but that aside, if I were in your neck of the woods, I would look for something, anything, even if not the same brand and essentially make my own Part B.

As soon as i see roots popping out of a clones do i plant to soil. Or wait till they reach out.

wait till they reach out about an inch. How are you cloning, in cubes or plugs? Or a bubbler? Also, what kind of soil are you planting into? I'm pretty sure someone on here had a similar problem just yesterday, except that they had already transplanted and the soil was too hot.

That looks like a good mix of all the macros, but for bloom, that high concentration of N is going to be hard to deal with. If/when next time you visit your local store, look for a product that is close to zero N, and higher volume of phosphorus and potassium. I've found that synthetic nutes and organic nutes don't mix good at all, but that aside, if I were in your neck of the woods, I would look for something, anything, even if not the same brand and essentially make my own Part B.
Thanks skybound i have bought some new stuff for bloom i will take a pic in the morning and show you and maybe you could weigh in , its 11 pm here and im out ... but thanks so much for the advice looking at those nutes there sulpher is very high and i am not sure mj needs that much will look for a better option for my next run on veg as this is my fist grow and learning so much from you guys .I have read hundreds of threads and am sure ill read a thousand more and keep going hahaha

peace .

Thanks skybound i have bought some new stuff for bloom i will take a pic in the morning and show you and maybe you could weigh in , its 11 pm here and im out ... but thanks so much for the advice looking at those nutes there sulpher is very high and i am not sure mj needs that much will look for a better option for my next run on veg as this is my fist grow and learning so much from you guys .I have read hundreds of threads and am sure ill read a thousand more and keep going hahaha
peace .

Watch some YouTube grows too, plenty of info there. I like GrowBoss b/c he really breaks down what components work best at the various stages of growth. Of course there are many others too, but what you need to know is out there, just gotta go find it, hehe!

Hi I'm just starting out , my plants are about 1 foot high , but I just moved them inside . I need to know what kind of lights I should have . The town I live in only has a hardware store so the selection is limited

Hi I'm just starting out , my plants are about 1 foot high , but I just moved them inside . I need to know what kind of lights I should have . The town I live in only has a hardware store so the selection is limited

Compact Florescent (CFL) lights work very good for veg, and still very good for bloom as we saw in yesterdays threads. CFLs are cheap, and screw into any common light socket with no ballasts needed. If you live in the USA or Canada, there's a lot out there on the interwebs to order from. It seems the European countries (and Australia) can order a bunch too, but beyond those, it seems the internet becomes less optional.

wait till they reach out about an inch. How are you cloning, in cubes or plugs? Or a bubbler? Also, what kind of soil are you planting into? I'm pretty sure someone on here had a similar problem just yesterday, except that they had already transplanted and the soil was too hot.
Bubbler set up. Going in pro mix hp. A sterile mix.

Its with Mycorrhizae. Is that going to make a difference?

I then want to ask what you mean by "sterile" because the inclusion of mycorrhizae in the mix means you're already setup to go the "live" approach. Mycorrhizae are a type of bacteria that form symbiotic relationships with root zones by supplying organisms for the mycos to feed on. In doing so, your roots are regularly cleaned of pythium and other unwanted and harmful bacteria colonies, plus deadened root matter is also consumed ensuring your roots are always in prime condition for water, O2 and nutrient uptake. Also look to see if the PM HP has any other colonies of beneficial bacteria, specifically Trichoderma and Bacillus. Most popular beneficial bacteria products on the market have varying quantities of these 3 major colonies, and each of the majors have a bunch of minor colonies that all work together to achieve the desired results. Coupled with the High Porosity of the promix, there will be plenty of O2 to keep your colonies going strong and maximizing your rootzone's potential.

Of course, if you add any H2O2, you'll more than likely kill most of the bacteria and create a anaerobic environment which will then even out the odds among the dying bacterias and at that point, pythium can survive and possibly thrive which is not good at all.

If your plan is to use H2O2, I strongly advise against that, but if you still wish to use H2O2, I then suggest using another grow medium if possible.

I then want to ask what you mean by "sterile" because the inclusion of mycorrhizae in the mix means you're already setup to go the "live" approach. Mycorrhizae are a type of bacteria that form symbiotic relationships with root zones by supplying organisms for the mycos to feed on. In doing so, your roots are regularly cleaned of pythium and other unwanted and harmful bacteria colonies, plus deadened root matter is also consumed ensuring your roots are always in prime condition for water, O2 and nutrient uptake. Also look to see if the PM HP has any other colonies of beneficial bacteria, specifically Trichoderma and Bacillus. Most popular beneficial bacteria products on the market have varying quantities of these 3 major colonies, and each of the majors have a bunch of minor colonies that all work together to achieve the desired results. Coupled with the High Porosity of the promix, there will be plenty of O2 to keep your colonies going strong and maximizing your rootzone's potential.

Of course, if you add any H2O2, you'll more than likely kill most of the bacteria and create a anaerobic environment which will then even out the odds among the dying bacterias and at that point, pythium can survive and possibly thrive which is not good at all.

If your plan is to use H2O2, I strongly advise against that, but if you still wish to use H2O2, I then suggest using another grow medium if possible.
Ok i guess sterile was wrong word sorry . I ment not hot soil. I use recharge also it really seems to boost everything. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom