Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

If I had a 4 inch dryer exhaust vent, and managed to fit a few inches of activated carbon inside of it, would it be sufficient to scrub the smell from a 2x2x4 grow box with just one plant in it, or do you pretty much have to go with the can style for more surface area?
Something like this
420-magazine-mobile1071782262.jpg

Indoor or outdoor?
Outdoors try growing fragrant plants around your grow (lavendar, rosemary etc).
Indoors: use a tent with extractor fan and carbon filter. You could also use ona gel or similar, but best is carbon filter.

I tend to use a filter with skunky plants. Most indica dominant strains (e.g. northern lights) don't warrant the use of a filter imo.

agreed

i havent used a filter and never really needed it ... i have grown NL#5 , blue dream auto and Purple kush auto ... although the last one was abit more stinkier it never got out the room where the tent was in ...

If I had a 4 inch dryer exhaust vent, and managed to fit a few inches of activated carbon inside of it, would it be sufficient to scrub the smell from a 2x2x4 grow box with just one plant in it, or do you pretty much have to go with the can style for more surface area?
Something like this
420-magazine-mobile1071782262.jpg

Try putting a container of ONA in the duct, it will help a lot .

Try putting a container of ONA in the duct, it will help a lot .

Ok. I have my grow box in my workshop. My workshop is about 10x8. My grow box has a passive intake, and is vented straight into my workshop. I just read about not having Ona gel in the grow space. Since I'm just circulating the air in my workshop through my grow box, do you think that would affect the smell/taste of my buds.

Ok. I have my grow box in my workshop. My workshop is about 10x8. My grow box has a passive intake, and is vented straight into my workshop. I just read about not having Ona gel in the grow space. Since I'm just circulating the air in my workshop through my grow box, do you think that would affect the smell/taste of my buds.
Yes hence my original suggestion. The on a can affect the taste and smell of your hard labored efforts. The scrubbing can be achieved many many ways. Nothing wrong with getting inventive! I've seen ppl turn whisper series bathroom vents into silent scrubbers. The main idea is to not let air pass around the carbon but actually through it. Maybe stuff the end exhaust box with carob as well as the tube! Just keep in mind a filter and ducting lower your CFM rating! Cheers. Grow on and grow strong!

Ya I do, I thought you might be venting to the outside, might not be a good idea if you are basically recirculating the air. You should really think about venting to the outside.

crossdresser

Goddamnit what am I doing wrong? I just noticed these and it's now the beginning of week three. Is this stress herm? And if so what am I doing wrong? I say and ask because the plants has had pistils a week now and now I'm seeing what I think is male growth. Could it be it was herm all along? If stressed what can I do I have 4 other plants

Goddamnit what am I doing wrong? I just noticed these and it's now the beginning of week three. Is this stress herm? And if so what am I doing wrong? I say and ask because the plants has had pistils a week now and now I'm seeing what I think is male growth. Could it be it was herm all along? If stressed what can I do I have 4 other plants

Pics...

I'm about to get my first grow going. Just curious about ppm. Is there a range ppm should be. I've read ph should be between 5.5 ish to a bit over 6 (I think), I'm gonna go over my "notes" agaon when the time comes but wondering about ppm. Thanks in advance folks.

Will depend on your method of growing (hydro,soli,coco) and the stage of the plants maturity.

Tell us more about your seeds, sometimes it's just a genetic problem, light leaks are notorious for causing herm, ph fluctuations also.
I'm doing critical kush (dinafem) in coco/perlite mix. Just a tiny little tent. 2x2.5x7'. 220 Full spectrum led light from California light works

Coco and I'm just starting out. Seeds should be arriving this week
Is your coco from bag or blocks, no need to feed them until you see the first set of true leaves. Then I feed 250-300 ppm max for the next 3 nodes. Then 450- 500 and max out at 800 in flower using .5 scale ppm. I encourage you to read cultivators thread on how he grows in coco. Lots of good info. I'll. find the link for ya

Is your coco from bag or blocks, no need to feed them until you see the first set of true leaves. Then I feed 250-300 ppm max for the next 3 nodes. Then 450- 500 and max out at 800 in flower using .5 scale ppm. I encourage you to read cultivators thread on how he grows in coco. Lots of good info. I'll. find the link for ya
Thanks I appreciate that. I'm just giving water till I get em outta the square rock thing into the first pot then start watering with nutrients. Pretty sure that's what the hydro shop told me. But as I said before once I actually get going I have some literature to go back n look at to take me step by step. Along with u awesome ppl here ofcourse.

Thanks I appreciate that. I'm just giving water till I get em outta the square rock thing into the first pot then start watering with nutrients. Pretty sure that's what the hydro shop told me. But as I said before once I actually get going I have some literature to go back n look at to take me step by step. Along with u awesome ppl here ofcourse.

Sounds like great seeds, good luck and happy growing .

Back
Top Bottom