Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I have a very time sensitive question. I live in Florida and hurricane Irma is knocking at our door. I am on my first grow and just completed week 8 of flower. She has maybe a week and a little more before she is ready to harvest. I expect to lose power if not for days but weeks. Should I harvest her now? My second question is I have 4 clones that are ready to go into flower. Should I move them outside after Irma passes so they get some sunlight? It's not a 12/12 cycle for flowering but it's better than being in complete darkness in a tent. Thanks for you help!

Tuff call!??...You a gambler?...lolool...might be prudent to take them now...R U in a projected cat 4/5 area?...much frost on them or pistils coloring/receding?...then yes, IMHO...as for the clones...Yes, until you are back on grid...Stay Safe!...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

hehehe...just a reference to black powder days and the civil war...Yer gun powder gets wet and Ya' can't fire Yer gun...guess I was thinkin' bout' looters...;)...Will you be hunkering down, or hitting the road for a bit?...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Not leaving I'll be riding it out though the storm and as crazy as it sounds it's not something you see everyday so once you get passed the fact that it's scary you can see the wind and rain and everything flying around lol. But yeah that's another thing you have to consider is people steal shit when the power is out and you can't see anything so I'm locked down and loaded .
420-magazine-mobile705171546.jpg
small companies are putting up rugged shutters cause they don't have any ..
420-magazine-mobile673557181.jpg
so let's get back to the topic of Mary I transplant cause the last one I did was bad and I've had this on my last grow my lower leaves kinda sag a bit but the ones on top are fine what does this mean? Also I've heard day one of veg dosent really start untill the first leaves on the bottom fall off
420-magazine-mobile1297913703.jpg
these are what I'm talking about

Not leaving I’ll be riding it out though the storm and as crazy as it sounds it’s not something you see everyday so once you get passed the fact that it’s scary you can see the wind and rain and everything flying around lol. But yeah that’s another thing you have to consider is people steal shit when the power is out and you can’t see anything so I’m locked down and loaded .
420-magazine-mobile705171546.jpg
small companies are putting up rugged shutters cause they don’t have any ..
420-magazine-mobile673557181.jpg
so let’s get back to the topic of Mary I transplant cause the last one I did was bad and I’ve had this on my last grow my lower leaves kinda sag a bit but the ones on top are fine what does this mean? Also I’ve heard day one of veg dosent really start untill the first leaves on the bottom fall off these are what I’m talking about

How often do you water?...she looks fine to me...expect to see some droop/yellowing on first growth as she grows taller and matures...at this seedling stage, you shouldn't have to feed much if your soil is somewhat balanced...typically, I won't feed till 3/4 weeks...and then lightly...My thoughts on when vegetation starts , are when I move my girlz from propagation lighting(CFL's or T5's) to more intense lighting(4 to 7 weeks) ...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I water every couple days why would I see dropping and yellowing as she grows taller? Is that supposed to happen? She's probably abut 2 and an half weeks 3

If you're talking about the cotyledon (little round leaves), yeah they likely fall off. I'm sure they're yellow too when they do, but they're generally hidden under my other leaves. All of my plants show a little droop as they search for water after a couple of days. I only water when the weight of my pot tells me to. If you're not sure, it's not time.....you'll be able to feel a pot that's dry. It's better for the plants for them to dry up a bit, it'll strengthen the root system.

Your girl looks great. No real droopiness, fans are a nice green, new growth is right on in colour.......no issues!

Follow up question. My other girl flew too close to the sun and I burnt the crap out of her....

420-magazine-mobile773675225.jpg

Will she survive? Better question is will she be worth keeping around if she does survive? But the real reason I bring her to attention is to ask I if I should let the fried leaf be or snip?
Keep them around. They're tough little buggers, lol. Don't flip out, everything looks normal on your other girl too...I wouldn't be feeding yet though. I feed at 3-4 weeks, seedlings can get burnt.....from multiple sources as you now know lol.....

Has anyone grown Big Foot from Sweet Seeds? Picked a few up on sale along with a Blueberry and Bloody Skunk auto as freebies... Supposedly it is very aromatic and resinous so I am hoping to make some nice quick wash oil. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with it? Growing or smoking for that matter!
I use big foot from harvest moon organics. But ues I have used bug foot for root growth.

I have a question on watering with smart pots. Im using a supersoil mix 100% organic and Im in veg. My plants are about 4 weeks old started from seed and very healthy. Currently I am letting the pots dry out between waterings. About 75% of the growth between waterings occurs in the first 24 hours after watering and its usually 5 days between waterings. So my question is this.... When using smart pots should I be waiting that long between waterings or can I water more frequently to boost growth rates?

I have a question on watering with smart pots. Im using a supersoil mix 100% organic and Im in veg. My plants are about 4 weeks old started from seed and very healthy. Currently I am letting the pots dry out between waterings. About 75% of the growth between waterings occurs in the first 24 hours after watering and its usually 5 days between waterings. So my question is this.... When using smart pots should I be waiting that long between waterings or can I water more frequently to boost growth rates?
Morning gee! I'm certainly no expert but I had the overwatering problem recently... so I have been doing lots of watering reading lol. It sounds like you are doing it just right! It may seem like more water is better but trust me my friend it is not always. If you want to water more, from what I understand, you need a smaller pot or when you do water water more locally to the girls. It's hard to say w.o knowing what size pots. But everything I've read/ heard/ learned says to water the way you are. More drying = better growth above and below soil. Again I'm not as knowledgeable as some but, wouldnt change anything your doing!

Good Morning TD☕☕ They are 2.5 gal smart pots. Some things I read say you cant overwater a smart pot so I was hoping someone with smart pot experience could help out here. For now though I wont change anything.
I was told the same thing about coco. You can always over water... I'll let someone else chime in too though... just remember too the more arid the substrate the more often you water. So maybe look at adding some perlite to your setup and it will help your soil dry faster so you can shorten the waiting period. Hope this helps. Have a great weekend!

Keep my powder dry? And I'll def post after pics

Looking Good! Looks like your ready to ride it out. Don't forget Xfinity has free wifi in Florida this weekend. Good luck and let us know how your doing. We are about to board up windows on the south side of the house and hunker down too. -..

I am in my first grow. I have a 7 ft indoor tent and a good light, fan, and carbon filter. I have been attempting to grow for a few months but am doing a terrible job. I believe I was over watering for a while and that my pots were not draining enough so almost killed them all. I fixed the pots with more holes and added more perlite to the soil. Can you tell me when I should know when to start adding nutrients? Like how big they should be? I am still on 18/6.

I'm doing pretty well strong winds but nothing crazy rn about 50 mph winds. Also I've noticed that the bottom fan leaves on my plant and drooling while the top is perky
420-magazine-mobile182421668.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1822441010.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1612396797.jpg
and meanwhile I must say that when it does flood I'm ready for a ride when it starts to get 3 ft floods in some spots

I'm doing pretty well strong winds but nothing crazy rn about 50 mph winds. Also I've noticed that the bottom fan leaves on my plant and drooling while the top is perky
420-magazine-mobile182421668.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1822441010.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1612396797.jpg
and meanwhile I must say that when it does flood I'm ready for a ride when it starts to get 3 ft floods in some spots

Water? Or good there

Hey so quick question my la diva or northern lights blue auto form
La diva got new tent thinking since it theee weeks behind other autos. Should I bring in tent and get it used to reflector 144 light tent is 4x4x6.5 Been out door form
Seed in 5 gal pot with coco and perlite feeding an ph perfect nutes. And mammoth p samples....
Just not sure if the light will be to much for it or what?

Thanks again should I leave out until frost looks like issue?

Back
Top Bottom