Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Also what does everyone think of giving less light towards the end of flower? I've never tried it myself

i am not convinced of it having any beneficial effect ... to the contrary less light means less energy to be trapped in sugars which results in less growth ...

look at it from this angle: which apple will be the best tasting and sweetest one? the one that had alot of sunlight in autumn or the one that didnt ...?

Have a question forgive the stupidness. I have a flash babylon auto that began flower 13th of August and it flowers for 45 to 55 days. Should I allow it to run the full 55 days

my advise is to take the flowertimes given by seedbanks with a huuge grain of salt ... i also advise to always check the trichomes ... my experience is that for all my grows they were at least 2 weeks to optimistic

let the plant tell you when to harvest cause it alone will be correct

if you post a picture it would be helpfull to better asses it

my advise is to take the flowertimes given by seedbanks with a huuge grain of salt ... i also advise to always check the trichomes ... my experience is that for all my grows they were at least 2 weeks to optimistic

let the plant tell you when to harvest cause it alone will be correct

if you post a picture it would be helpfull to better asses it
420-magazine-mobile312090348.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2127034521.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of what I took 2 days ago

i would for sure ... she looks like she is in the last days/week close to harvest ... but as always ...check the trichomes ;)

I've been trying but I have the physical jewelers loupe and don't trust my untrained eye. Tbh I don't see amber as of yet and I did start "flush" today bc it's now the seventh week I was thinking maybe two more weeks. Still many white hairs too :/

Why does my mars hydro 300 look pink and my vipraspectra 900 white?
It's all on the spectral output Mr. Beef! Pink is typically more of a red and blue, which makes purple/pink. What appears to be "white" light has yellow spectra incorporated because we see red+ blue+yellow as white! LED lighting should be mostly red and blue as these are the ranges that the light is most optimally absorbed, however you dont see a 2 or 4 "band" light very often anymore because plants need a little bit of each color (as well as UV and infrared) to really grow well. Ideally the more bands the better. 7 ok 9 good 11 or 12 even better and cob which is best.

420-magazine-mobile846106577.jpg

This explains how much light can be absorbed at each wavelength for each process

420-magazine-mobile666186602.jpg

I did months of research on led lighting.

This is the spectral output for your unit. It clearly lacks the red wavelengths for a strong flower, but just as one can flower with metal halide your unit will do just fine for flowering from the reviews I read. The mars probably offers a stronger red spectra which should help come flower time, but I don't have the spectra info for that unit... Hope this cleared up your question some!

-dabber

when a baby is born with testicles ... is it likely they gonna fall off in puberty and tits start to grow ??

when on all the internodes male preflowers appear id say its 100% boy , any chance for a pic ?

Here's the pics
IMG_192140.JPG

IMG_192233.JPG

Also, one of my other plants has both red and white pre-flower pistils, the red mean anything?
IMG_192039.JPG

Does she look ready to harvest. This is my first grow and I'm not sure. Day 60 of flower
420-magazine-mobile1843620781.jpg

420-magazine-mobile753464988.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1681232331.jpg
420-magazine-mobile147510025.jpg
Looking amber to me! If say she's ready freddy!!

420-magazine-mobile846106577.jpg

This explains how much light can be absorbed at each wavelength for each process

420-magazine-mobile666186602.jpg

I did months of research on led lighting.

This is the spectral output for your unit. It clearly lacks the red wavelengths for a strong flower, but just as one can flower with metal halide your unit will do just fine for flowering from the reviews I read. The mars probably offers a stronger red spectra which should help come flower time, but I don't have the spectra info for that unit... Hope this cleared up your question some!

-dabber

Hi, can I ask you some questions about LED lights?

So I know the Wattage to look for is the actual power draw, is it correct to say the more actual power draw the better (up to a certain point)?

I have a small 36x20" area and can't decide on the light. I was looking to use 250-300 actual watts so I'd hit the 50W/per square foot mark. I'm looking at the Viparspectra 600W, but I'm worried, as you said, about the lack of red light. My grows are short (1 week of veg, 10 weeks of flower) so obviously I should get a light strong in the reds.

Do you have a LED light suggestion? My budget is about $200.

Hi, can I ask you some questions about LED lights?

So I know the Wattage to look for is the actual power draw, is it correct to say the more actual power draw the better (up to a certain point)?

I have a small 36x20" area and can't decide on the light. I was looking to use 250-300 actual watts so I'd hit the 50W/per square foot mark. I'm looking at the Viparspectra 600W, but I'm worried, as you said, about the lack of red light. My grows are short (1 week of veg, 10 weeks of flower) so obviously I should get a light strong in the reds.

Do you have a LED light suggestion? My budget is about $200.
Our new sponsors have some lights in that price range I believe. Check them out. Growant is the company's name. I don't know enough to make specific suggestions for light unfortunately so I won't bother pretending and giving you false information.

Back
Top Bottom