Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hadn't heard of them until you mentioned it, but took some time to look them up for you.

It's the same typical marketing gimmick most blurple LED companies use, the "500w" model is only drawing 100w and the "1000w" model is only drawing 200w

Can they be used? Sure they can, but plan it based around the actual watt draw(100/200) and not the advertised watt draw of "500/1000"

Nice! How are you liking those Remo nutes?
Heard they work pretty well.
So far so good. Had never heard of them till I went to the local hydro store and the lady there was showing me all the different ones. Ended coming home with a line up of REMO. Lol.

So far so good. Had never heard of them till I went to the local hydro store and the lady there was showing me all the different ones. Ended coming home with a line up of REMO. Lol.

Nice! Lol same way man. Yea I seen sum YouTube vids of the guy that make the nutes. Man those are sum nice plants he grows with that line up.

What's up fam!
Anyone tried these products together?

420-magazine-mobile1357768049.jpg

Never together. But I swear by Mammoth P. Steep price tag,but results you can see. There are a few codes for free samples floating around on the internet.

What's up fam!
Anyone tried these products together?

420-magazine-mobile1357768049.jpg
Careful with the recharge. It's a powder in there and can get messy when you open it. There's a scoop in there too. I always make a mess. Any water touches it and it make it all dark so try not to spill it on anything u don't wanna stain.

Never together. But I swear by Mammoth P. Steep price tag,but results you can see. There are a few codes for free samples floating around on the internet.
Mammoth is the same type of product I'm assuming. I zoomed in and it says microbial. If it is then I'm sure you'd be fine using just 1.

Mammoth is the same type of product I'm assuming. I zoomed in and it says microbial. If it is then I'm sure you'd be fine using just 1.

Similar but different. Both are inoculants. Both have beneficial micro organisms. But I believe Mammoth P microbes are formulated to liberate higher levels of Phosphorus than others. (Which is crucial during flower)
That's what they claim.
You can never go wrong with inoculation.
Another great one is EM-1. Works amazing, is cheap, and you can "activate it". Which means, you can take a few ounces of EM-1 add water and black strap molasses and make a whole gallon of it.
420-magazine-mobile1728199553.jpg

Similar but different. Both are inoculants. Both have beneficial micro organisms. But I believe Mammoth P microbes are formulated to liberate higher levels of Phosphorus than others. (Which is crucial during flower)
That's what they claim.
You can never go wrong with inoculation.
Another great one is EM-1. Works amazing, is cheap, and you can "activate it". Which means, you can take a few ounces of EM-1 add water and black strap molasses and make a whole gallon of it.
420-magazine-mobile1728199553.jpg

I've heard that this stuff is basically the same as LABS ( lactic acid bacteria serum ) which you can make with fermented rice-wash and milk or some kind of dairy that will separate into curd and whey.

I've heard that this stuff is basically the same as LABS ( lactic acid bacteria serum ) which you can make with fermented rice-wash and milk or some kind of dairy that will separate into curd and whey.

Yes. You are 100% correct.

Thank you! She is a beauty! I'm pretty impressed with how my first grow has turned out so far. She has definitely been swelling up in the past week or so. I'm excited to see how much more she can swell up. The strain is a crossbreed. She has a mix of chronic, white widow and cheese genes. Here's a screenshot of the description.

420-magazine-mobile1127735421.jpg

And if it's a 10 week strain than I should only have a couple of weeks left. I'm at 8 1/2 weeks as of today. So I know I'll be getting close. I guess I'll really know once I get my microscope in the mail. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!
I currently have that same strain going now and i just put the original one from seed into the flower tent a little while back and has some amazing buds already.and is just reeking up the place lol plus the frost on her this early is just crazy man the buds are getting nice and fat im sure they will be super dense come harvest and they smell like berry's and some fruity undertone but I can't place it all i no is im super excited for tht harvest lol

Yes. You are 100% correct.

Sweet. Good to know because I kind of don't like to make that stuff. I don't have a very big grow so I don't think I'd mind buying a bottle, a little goes a long way doesn't it? I remember reading you're supposed to dilute that LABS stuff 1:10000 or something. I didn't get that memo and used the entire quart jar of it I made in one watering >.<

because in soil there are beneficial bacteria breaking down nutes in absorbable ions for the plants in turn the plant offers up some of its starches and sugars which feed the bacteria ... this happens in a thin layer around the roots called the rhizosphere its the bacteria that will regulate the ph towards what they like or find ideal ...

in soilless or hydro there are no bacteria to breakdown organic nutrients so they need nutrients that are chemically directly absorbable by the plants at the according ideal acidity meaning 5.5-5.8

Thank you for the question I too also have a question about soil and ph. I use ffof and I have to ph water to 9.4 to get the run off to be about 6.4 should I not be doing this and just watering with 6.5 ph? I've always had this question but never understood how to get it answered.
420-magazine-mobile1769875866.jpg
420-magazine-mobile874555717.jpg
also does this plant look like it's too n rich? Not able to tell

Doing my first grow in a closet with bagseed from a friend who grows outdoors, they said it was afghan strain. The older two the one in the back and the front right are around 5-6 weeks old the one front left is just over 2 weeks. 300w LED for lighting, pitting soil, feeding a bio guano based fert every 9 days. Just topped the front one with advice after my first post and the good community here. Any advice is welcome, thanks
420-magazine-mobile1329862295.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1087909522.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1703056354.jpg

Hi I hope its ok to post this here, I was advised to do so with this problem from a forum member.

I am Looking for some advice please, as you can see from the pics below something's up but I am unsure what, here is some info on the grow so far

CBD Nordle (its an amazing strain for MS patient's)

Currently under a 250W HPS air cooled

9L Air pruning pots

Veg nutrients are as follows.

BioBizz - Grow - Currently using 10ml in 8L of water

BioBizz - Fish mix (used once in a while instead of grow at the same amount)

Advanced metta boost - Currently using 8ml in 8L water

Plant magic Cal Mag - 8ml in 8L water

1 to 2 Tbs of unsulfured molasses per 8L water

The water I use is tap water (UK) and I always leave it to stand for at least 2 days before I mix up the nutrients. One thing ill mention is that the water here is very very hard so I am not sure if I actually need to add cal mag, I need to get a EC meter to work this out I think.

I always Ph the water to 6.4 / 6.5 and I use canna ph down its organic so as far as I no won't harm the micro herd.

I am foliar feeding them with fish mix and cal mag both mixed in different bottles at a ratio of 1ml per Litre and I am spraying them one to two times a day change fish mix to cal mag every other.

The leaves stated to yellow up at around week 4 so I have flushed them both as I wanted to make sure they didn't have any lock out, this was done with about 30L of Ph adjusted tap water that was left to stand for 24hours and the last 4L I mixed in a weak feed, this was done about a week ago.
I have just started to feed once every 3 days but before this it was once every 5 days.

Temps are between 22 / 24 and RH around 55 / 65.

I am stuck as to what to try next, these are still in veg and I wanted to fix this problem before I switch over to 12 12, this is week 5 of Veg.

Should I be feeding more frequent, little but often ? I normally feed the 8L and get about 25% runoff.

I also have a small problem with black fly but its not to bad and i think its under control , however there are always at leat 4 or 5 flying around.

any advice would be very very much welcome I am so worried these won't even make it in to flower, the strain is amazing and my wife who sufferers from MS finds it works extremely well, I am concerned that we are going to run out if these don't pull through soon. Please please help if you can.

Many thanks and pics below.

2017-09-17_09_54_05.jpg

2017-09-17_09_54_09.jpg

2017-09-17_09_54_12.jpg

2017-09-17_09_54_17.jpg

2017-09-17_09_54_26.jpg

2017-09-17_09_54_31.jpg

2017-09-17_09_54_34.jpg

2017-09-17_09_54_40.jpg

2017-09-17_09_54_44.jpg

Back
Top Bottom