Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Having a hard time keeping my res temp down. I have 2 plants in a 12 gal tote with 9 gal of fluid. Is it safe to use frozen bottles of water to help cool it off.

My inwork plan thats still in my head includes a water bath the reservior sits in that I can run cold water through to cool the nute water.

Can I mix dynagro neem oil and GH silica together for a foliage spray?

I would use the neem but most silica products have nitrogen so be careful with it on foliage.

Can I mix dynagro neem oil and GH silica together for a foliage spray?

I foliar applied Neem to my Plants a few Weeks before, did some research on the internet before. Most gardeners, not only cannabis Gardeners, say that it is not recomennded to use Neem together with any kind of fertilizers.

Another question, i run a 2x250W DS-HPS setup. I also own a Lux Meter and i measured arround 20.000 Lux at the Corners and arround 30.000 in the middle with booth Bulbs around 2,5 feet away. So running two of them defenitly add some more Lux, cause with a single one you need to be around 1 feet away to have that power. My question is, do two Bulb add some extra penetration as well, maybe comparable to a 400W hps? Im asking this, because as far as i know, penetration is a question of umol/s.

IMG_20170611_025839950.jpg

two lamps provide two angles from which photons hit the plant so in my opinion thats beneficial for penetration rate ... my self i use some cfl growlights as a sidelighting to help stimulate the sideshoots so they get tall enough so i can undertuck the big fan leaves that are blocking the main led light from above to reach the sideshoots

two lamps provide two angles from which photons hit the plant so in my opinion thats beneficial for penetration rate ... my self i use some cfl growlights as a sidelighting to help stimulate the sideshoots so they get tall enough so i can undertuck the big fan leaves that are blocking the main led light from above to reach the sideshoots

Thanks Brother, it´s really hard to find any comparable grows with two 250W HID Bulbs

I spent three days gradually defoiling prudently and manipulating everything for maximum light exposure. My thought was three weeks into flower the leaves are becoming less important as the plant begins to focus its energy to flower production. This is the only and last real time I have performed anything major. The heat that just got here has me turning my focus on creating the best environment for them and maintaining it. I have been keepin it cool while I work but now its 60 at night 75 during the first half of the day then I let it get up to around 80 the last three hours. Just before lights out I purge all the air in the room.
420-magazine-mobile108683520.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1492288945.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1154101809.jpg

The top pic I just posted bears a good look. I spent three days with half my body buried in my plants.and I didnt notice anything. I went to check em a couple hours after leavin alone for good and I spotted a gnat. I did my bang the pots shake everything test. Nothing. I went immediatly to the soil and started raking the top layer of sand with a bent fork. I got to the one in the top pic and the little f--kers gave away their position. The layer of sand was kinda thin so it got a fresh layer real damn fast by way of a hastily made cardboard trough. Not lettin my guard down. You think a newbie with a couple yellow leaves is freakin you ought to see one with a bathtub full of buds.
420-magazine-mobile1416022504.jpg

I also doubled over my too long flystrip and hung it with of course, an AR15 gas tube cleaner.

Think back a ways, I kept it cool a few days, today I intentionally let the temp get up to 80 for a few hours and the gnats appeared. I need a little help with this one what is the ideal temp in flower? My thoughts say 70-75

Back
Top Bottom