Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

New question regarding storage.
I'm trying to figure the best way for long storage of green. Assuming it's all been properly dried and cured..currently in glass jars- in a dark, relatively cooler place.
How long till I would lose quality- strength if left in this way and what are thoughts on vacuum seal bags?
Wondering if I vacuum seal some would that trap moisture and if so, can or will that lead to mold issues- is left in cool dark place but instead of glass jars -vacuum self bags.
Also, if vacuum seal or jar- is freezing a bad idea- I read it was for cured bud.

And with each method above- does anyone have experience with any issues or concerns. I would imagine moisture is the biggest potential issue.

Thanks for the help!

420-magazine-mobile1496761892.jpg

This shows lamp with shades on. Mine have obviously not been applied to utilize light in the way that I need it to.

I wanna thank you for posting that pic of your light and the one of it in your grow .I am outside the US so cant buy one ... but that gave me a great idea for a DIY fitting becuase i have just the right stuff .These are a few inches each and screw into each other , i want to do a 5 bulb or maybe 6 which i put just where i want them.Mine are driving me crazy having to move them daily now and stretch just started haha.

420-magazine-mobile1683203110.jpg

I will try and put something together and post a pic here when im done .

Thanks 420 peeps

I wanna thank you for posting that pic of your light and the one of it in your grow .I am outside the US so cant buy one ... but that gave me a great idea for a DIY fitting becuase i have just the right stuff .These are a few inches each and screw into each other , i want to do a 5 bulb or maybe 6 which i put just where i want them.Mine are driving me crazy having to move them daily now and stretch just started haha.

420-magazine-mobile1683203110.jpg

I will try and put something together and post a pic here when im done .

Thanks 420 peeps

Another great tip imo, you can use an acrylic oxygen tube for a fish tank (found at most pet and big box stores) tie in a know about half way and one end into a vinegar bottle (with hole cut in cap) and other into a small bucket and let it drip so as to continuously produce C02 for the plants without risk of harm to yourself (its bad for humans). In the US you can do this for $10 or less.

New question regarding storage.
I'm trying to figure the best way for long storage of green. Assuming it's all been properly dried and cured..currently in glass jars- in a dark, relatively cooler place.
How long till I would lose quality- strength if left in this way and what are thoughts on vacuum seal bags?
Wondering if I vacuum seal some would that trap moisture and if so, can or will that lead to mold issues- is left in cool dark place but instead of glass jars -vacuum self bags.
Also, if vacuum seal or jar- is freezing a bad idea- I read it was for cured bud.

And with each method above- does anyone have experience with any issues or concerns. I would imagine moisture is the biggest potential issue.

Thanks for the help!

I´m using Glass Jars in a Dark environment at 22°C temperature with a Boveda 62 in it to keep moisture level constant

I´m using Glass Jars in a Dark environment at 22°C temperature with a Boveda 62 in it to keep moisture level constant

As do I, but I was thinking of more long term storage- or even rather- how long does this method that we both use actually keep our green fresh and optimal?

Another great tip imo, you can use an acrylic oxygen tube for a fish tank (found at most pet and big box stores) tie in a know about half way and one end into a vinegar bottle (with hole cut in cap) and other into a small bucket and let it drip so as to continuously produce C02 for the plants without risk of harm to yourself (its bad for humans). In the US you can do this for $10 or less.

How do you get it to drip if there is a knot in the middle? Also, I did not know vinegar produces CO2 on it's own.

As do I, but I was thinking of more long term storage- or even rather- how long does this method that we both use actually keep our green fresh and optimal?
Some Friends of mine Put their weed in the refrigerator and smoke it after a year or so. But it is not that good after a year, but not to Bad either

One of my clones has been strong and steady from day 1 (Saturday). I would not be surprised to see roots in my rockwool any day now. The other - when I checked last night at 8, after my wife misted the dome at noon, it was wilted. I had left 2 pairs of leaves on this plant, so I removed the lower pair, misted the dome, and was extra careful to keep the dome misted since. It's still droopy but doesn't appear wilted - the curled leaves uncurled and now just hang limply but seemingly alive.

I have the clones under T5s which are 4-5 inches above the dome, 8 or so inches from the plant tops. The dome is completely sealed, no air hole opened yet. I've been taking it off for a minute here and there, probably 3-4 times a day. I'm trying to keep humidity under the dome around 75%. Temperatures hold around 27-28 at lights on (80-82 Fahrenheit) and drop down to 21-22 at lights off (70 F).

Should I be worried? Should I do anything additional to intervene - like cutting a new clone before my plant gets too far into flower?

One of my clones has been strong and steady from day 1 (Saturday). I would not be surprised to see roots in my rockwool any day now. The other - when I checked last night at 8, after my wife misted the dome at noon, it was wilted. I had left 2 pairs of leaves on this plant, so I removed the lower pair, misted the dome, and was extra careful to keep the dome misted since. It's still droopy but doesn't appear wilted - the curled leaves uncurled and now just hang limply but seemingly alive.

I have the clones under T5s which are 4-5 inches above the dome, 8 or so inches from the plant tops. The dome is completely sealed, no air hole opened yet. I've been taking it off for a minute here and there, probably 3-4 times a day. I'm trying to keep humidity under the dome around 75%. Temperatures hold around 27-28 at lights on (80-82 Fahrenheit) and drop down to 21-22 at lights off (70 F).

Should I be worried? Should I do anything additional to intervene - like cutting a new clone before my plant gets too far into flower?

You can always start a few more clones to always have 1 or 2 ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom