Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

hello all!

what are running cost for led compared to hps?

whats the yield difference in a 4x4 tent for example?
Oh boy you're opening up a can of worms there LOL. Personally I have seen no difference in my electricity bill in the three months that I have been operating three 800 watt LEDs. As far as yield, you're going to get all sorts of different answers on that but let's see who else Chimes Inn. I would say if you do everything right in a 4x4 tent you should get a minimum of a half pound.

hello all!

what are running cost for led compared to hps?

whats the yield difference in a 4x4 tent for example?

I agree with Guy. It's really not possible to compare unless you take an HID and a comparatively sized LED, and put each over identical genes, both in perfect health and if anything about either grow changes, the whole experiment would be ruined. I'm an HID guy for now and what I can say is that HID lights give out an ass load of lumens, but the color spectrum is likely incorrect for flowering plants. Conversely, LEDs typically use less electricity, but also put out lower intensity light, but with LEDs you can get not only the perfect spectrum for flowering plants, but other spectrums as well that together make the buds more flavorful and aromatic, or so I've read. I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but IMO, HID lights gives you more weight and LED gives you better quality nuggets. In a 4x4, if you veg for 10 or so weeks, you should take a pound every time, at least with HIDs, don't know what LEDs could do with a 10 week veg plant.

I agree with Guy. It's really not possible to compare unless you take an HID and a comparatively sized LED, and put each over identical genes, both in perfect health and if anything about either grow changes, the whole experiment would be ruined. I'm an HID guy for now and what I can say is that HID lights give out an ass load of lumens, but the color spectrum is likely incorrect for flowering plants. Conversely, LEDs typically use less electricity, but also put out lower intensity light, but with LEDs you can get not only the perfect spectrum for flowering plants, but other spectrums as well that together make the buds more flavorful and aromatic, or so I've read. I'll probably catch hell for saying this, but IMO, HID lights gives you more weight and LED gives you better quality nuggets. In a 4x4, if you veg for 10 or so weeks, you should take a pound every time, at least with HIDs, don't know what LEDs could do with a 10 week veg plant.
I have 250w led real draw to one plant. i can harvest around 5ozs at 3 months veg that's with good genetics ECT. leds for sure produce nicer buds but lack the quantity most definitely you will also need alot more calmag with leds (people say it's a myth I know but I feel its true)

Ok- legit quandary... I'm give or take 2 months in flower- I kind of officially started on 5/1- but that means I probably switched s week prior- so about 60 days.
Let them stretch way more than I should have (went out of town so I turned down lights and raised them... came back to jungle)
So anyway, only real issue I have had is higher temps- mid 80's during light... and real issues controlling rh(according to my monitor but no mold issues at all- hopefully no issues through out. )
I added ac to the room to keep it cool and now I am high 60's at lights off and mid 70's at highest on cycle. Still rh shows as high on minitor but feeling it's not correct.

Anyway.... colas got a nice shape and size but recently I started getting some fox tailing and and overall spread of new pistils. Problem is in checking trichs I'm about 90% cloudy.. gives me a little time but with new pistils I'm wondering if the new trichs will mature enough and or if I let them will the existing trichs over mature ?
Never dealt with this particular issue.
Thanks for the help.
420-magazine-mobile1724206884.jpg

I know...that seems to be the consensus...lol. Someone suggested I post a few photos in here, in the hopes one of the veterans would be able to do that...make a judgement call, that is...lol.

I'm going to order a loupe or scope tomorrow, since the magnifying App apparently does not magnify...lol. I've got two more plants at varying stages, so I need to figure this out .

eBay 6$ ..

Oh boy you're opening up a can of worms there LOL. Personally I have seen no difference in my electricity bill in the three months that I have been operating three 800 watt LEDs. As far as yield, you're going to get all sorts of different answers on that but let's see who else Chimes Inn. I would say if you do everything right in a 4x4 tent you should get a minimum of a half pound.
I'm approaching harvest of my first grow ever. It's in a 4x4 tent with 2 600 watt LED's. I hope I get 1/2 pound.
420-magazine-mobile606028422.jpg

Nice cannons Mike!!! Respect! To me, it don't look like you have many foxtails. I had'em my first grow too, but WAY more. The way I see it, it's best to gauge your harvest based on the original trics, not the new ones on the tails. You might consider going until you have a 'minimum" of 10% like everyone likes, but to also afford some added time for those new ones to ripen as well. Looks like your gal has a lot of Sativa in her blood, and you know what that means .... longer finishers. Also, I suggest increasing PK a bit in your next mix.

90% sure they are male pre flowers. I just had the same on a supposedly feminised seed. That looks like very early male preflowers growth to me and the lack of white pistils and almost clusters/crab claws scream male to me. Give it another day or two and if it's male you will know for sure in another 24/48 hours as male flowers grow quickly and become more obvious.

Pennsytucky!
Hm i dont know, but maybe you are able to get some CompoSana Soil. Thats a european manufacturer who have great variety of different soils. I can only say that i never ever got a single Problem with that, No nute burn, Not even burned Tips, no Ph fluctuations, great water storage capability, but drys Out fast enough aswell to prevent root rod, comes with perlite or without perlite, comes with or without rooting accelerator (which works very nice).

Hm i dont know, but maybe you are able to get some CompoSana Soil. Thats a european manufacturer who have great variety of different soils. I can only say that i never ever got a single Problem with that, No nute burn, Not even burned Tips, no Ph fluctuations, great water storage capability, but drys Out fast enough aswell to prevent root rod, comes with perlite or without perlite, comes with or without rooting accelerator (which works very nice).

I'm a hydro guy

IMG_20170606_150430778_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom