Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Plant is two weeks into flower, shes started to yellow, only one out of a dozen or so. Her soil PH was tested today at 7.16. If I add something to bring the PH down do you think it will help this plant this far into flower?

Also what is a rapidly working PH down that will not compromise my organic regimen?

Lemon juice ph 4

Hey folks I have a quick question about humidity. I live in a desert and basically all year it's about 15-20% outside. The room I grow in sits around 20%. I was wondering if someone knew of a good programmable humidifier that will be adequate in a 4x4.

Currently my issue is that if I run the exhaust my temps sit around 25, humidity around 20. If I turn the fan off and add a little humidifier, and just a normal fan up high for exhaust I am 30c and 30 humidity. I'd like to 27c and 40% if possible.

OK so by agood humidifier and go to your Hydro shop. They should have a programmable gadget. You plug it into the wall, set the humidity you desire, set your humidifier on high, and you are golden.
If you cannot find the gadget let me know and I will get you the info.

Hey guys grower not me someone else needs help. His last question to me was is it okay the white fungus ? Sorry but those words scare me and I'm not expierenced enough to give advice . I would say no as that sounds discussing but hey we but some crazy shit in are mediums or cultures lol here the link. Drop in please guys and gals ...

Keep the love going .

Mysterious White Fungus In Soil

Mysterious White Fungus In Soil

I don't know if anyone has answered this this thread is so huge it's hard to keep track of everything. But if the white fungus is in the soil it could be just fine if it's white fungus on the leaves or the buds that might not be so fine. If the fungus is on the leaves or flowers, it's probably powdery mildew which is not good.

I've been making ISO oil for years with trim an it always turns out amazing... but as Iam always looking to improve the quality an potency of my products I was wondering if decarb'n my weed before the soak if it would benifit my oil. I understand the idea behind decarb an it seems like it "should" work in my favour but would like to have other opinions pls.
Anyone have experience doing this for ISO oil ?

If it's just for smoke, I don't see the point. The heat from the pipe etc converts your smoke to THC. Decarbing boils off some or most of the terpenes which would f-up the flavour of your smoke.

I've been making ISO oil for years with trim an it always turns out amazing... but as Iam always looking to improve the quality an potency of my products I was wondering if decarb'n my weed before the soak if it would benifit my oil. I understand the idea behind decarb an it seems like it "should" work in my favour but would like to have other opinions pls.
Anyone have experience doing this for ISO oil ?

Well if you apply heat after the alcohol is evaporated off and get the oil bubbling up I'm pretty sure that's hot enough to decarboxylate it. That's what I do to make sure I've got all the alcohol boiled off, plus it gives it a really good shatter/wax like consistency that I like.

My last bit of iso... I made this from fresh frozen trim trying to see if I could make "live resin".

IMG_20170804_225302-1.jpg
IMG_20170804_225244-1.jpg
IMG_20170805_000322.jpg

OK so by agood humidifier and go to your Hydro shop. They should have a programmable gadget. You plug it into the wall, set the humidity you desire, set your humidifier on high, and you are golden.
If you cannot find the gadget let me know and I will get you the info.

Humdistats. I would get an AC adapter humidistat from Willhi. Google Willhi WH1436H, you can get them on the river for about $40. Then you can get a real cheap humidfier from Walmart for $15 and have yourself a good digitall controlled humidity control for about $55

I'm gonna buy one plus a booster-fan to make a humidify-controlled bud drying box out of a plastic storage tote. It will turn the fan off and on in order to maintain a 55% drying RH. I have one of their thermostats that's pretty much the same device and it works great.

A photo of the plant would aide for a better diagnosis. Also more information is needed. For example watering schedule, lights, age of plant, medium, pH, etc.

Have you flipped yet? When did you last water and or feed your plant? What's you pH, what nutes are you using. Am asking all of this because it'll rule out a fee things. But from the looks of you plant under that light, it looks fine. I usually flush when my plants exhibit too many problems.

Have you flipped yet? When did you last water and or feed your plant? What's you pH, what nutes are you using. Am asking all of this because it'll rule out a fee things. But from the looks of you plant under that light, it looks fine. I usually flush when my plants exhibit too many problems.
Actually flipping tonight but I'll keep a close eye on it see if it progresses

Hope I helped out. If I didn't, don't worry this forum is stocked with information (and good people) to get you on the right track. Even if I don't have one yet, you should start a journal, you'll get heaps of help from more experienced growers.

Here's a few picks of the babies

420-magazine-mobile1351116783.jpg
420-magazine-mobile548614397.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1249726563.jpg
420-magazine-mobile819992045.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1067848524.jpg

Right now they're in pro mix seedling soil, started germinating them on Aug 2, Aug 4 they all popped through.

Today I see that the roots have begun to pop through the holes in the bottoms of the cups, I figure since I watered them just over a day ago that tonight would've a good time to transplant them into their next stage, 3gal pots

Pots have a "soilless" soil, pro mix hp plus added perlite and vermiculite. Seedling soil is supposed to have enough ferts for the first 3 weeks of growth, but since they've out grown their home and I need to transplant them should I begin watering with a light nute mix(will be using GH flora trio) or just straight water?

I know it's a bit early to nute feed them, but since the new medium will have 0 nutes in it as the roots expand should I be adding a low mix into my water?

Here's a few picks of the babies

420-magazine-mobile1351116783.jpg
420-magazine-mobile548614397.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1249726563.jpg
420-magazine-mobile819992045.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1067848524.jpg

Right now they're in pro mix seedling soil, started germinating them on Aug 2, Aug 4 they all popped through.

Today I see that the roots have begun to pop through the holes in the bottoms of the cups, I figure since I watered them just over a day ago that tonight would've a good time to transplant them into their next stage, 3gal pots

Pots have a "soilless" soil, pro mix hp plus added perlite and vermiculite. Seedling soil is supposed to have enough ferts for the first 3 weeks of growth, but since they've out grown their home and I need to transplant them should I begin watering with a light nute mix(will be using GH flora trio) or just straight water?

I know it's a bit early to nute feed them, but since the new medium will have 0 nutes in it as the roots expand should I be adding a low mix into my water?

Well I use ProMix the red Kind with limestone and etc . And I don't feed Nutes until about 3-4 weeks or really until I feel the plant is asking for some or pistils start to form then I'll start flower Nutes with the beginning dose of growth .

Well I use ProMix the red Kind with limestone and etc . And I don't feed Nutes until about 3-4 weeks or really until I feel the plant is asking for some or pistils start to form then I'll start flower Nutes with the beginning dose of growth .

But typically I'll add Nutes about 3-4 weeks in , I know some who are nute heads and start out with Nutes right away

Back
Top Bottom