Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Having a issue with my 707. Slight yellowing and little brown spots. I'm leaning towards cal/ mag.

All grow info here.
Odin's First Photo Run Midnight Kush & Headband

420-magazine-mobile101725602.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1771874159.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1156778208.jpg

420-magazine-mobile225248477.jpg
Hate to pump my own post, but any thoughts.

I currently have a flower room that was super cropped this was an outdoor that didn't get enough light it so it stretched I have since moved it indoors to grow it up a Lil bit I might just yank not out and bury it deeper in pot

Can someone help me with a good paper towel or water cup method with percise directions on how to germinate I've had the tap root pop but struggle after that weather to put it in soil how much to water does it need to be hot warm dark ???? Please help I have 5 seeds coming in from gyro seed bank in uk should be here about next week Monday or Tuesday?

Can someone help me with a good paper towel or water cup method with percise directions on how to germinate I’ve had the tap root pop but struggle after that weather to put it in soil how much to water does it need to be hot warm dark ???? Please help I have 5 seeds coming in from gyro seed bank in uk should be here about next week Monday or Tuesday?

I use jiffy root plugs found at any Walmart or hardware store. You remove however many plugs you need and soak them in straight tap water until they are completely wet. You then poke the seed down in the factory formed seed divot and gently cover and keep moist until you see the sprout. After that I like to break open the mesh that holds the plug together and remove it and then bury it up to the leaves in a half cup of coco or dirt so I can add dirt as it stretches.

Humdistats. I would get an AC adapter humidistat from Willhi. Google Willhi WH1436H, you can get them on the river for about $40. Then you can get a real cheap humidfier from Walmart for $15 and have yourself a good digitall controlled humidity control for about $55

I'm gonna buy one plus a booster-fan to make a humidify-controlled bud drying box out of a plastic storage tote. It will turn the fan off and on in order to maintain a 55% drying RH. I have one of their thermostats that's pretty much the same device and it works great.

That's the "gadget" I was talking about.

Ok, so over the last week my favorite plant (right) had developed a nutrient deficiency issue. I'm thinking it's phosphate but not sure. It's only my 2nd grow.
I've been feeding it foxfarm grow big, kelp me kelp you and cal mag. I have tiger bloom for flowering. I just picked up a bag of organic bone meal and hope adding that to the soil will help. Watering nute- water- molasses..6.5ph in haven't checked runoff in a couple weeks. I know I know..
The other plant (left) has red showing on the stems of the fan leaves.
The two lights overhead are 1- 300W LED full spec with 5W diodes and the 2nd- 1200W full spec LED with 10W diodes. Room is at @85f
Advise??
420-magazine-mobile60363132.jpg

420-magazine-mobile506492322.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2098870463.jpg

420-magazine-mobile476791620.jpg

420-magazine-mobile647816132.jpg

I've got a cloning/sexing question.

Right now I have 5 plants in veg and 2 have shown female pre-flowers, the other 3 I'm unsure about. I want to up-pot them before actually putting them into flower but only have room for 4 plants so I'm hoping atleast 1 is male. Anyways, they are all mature plants (alternating nodes not symmetrical nodes) and I took clones about 2 weeks ago. They are all fairly small, but hopefully still big enough for cloning purposes. So my question is can I throw the unknown sex clones into flower before they root? If I took a clone from an unknown sex plant could I put that clone immediately into 12/12 to sex it or do they need to root before they can sex? (hah, root before sex).

I've got a cloning/sexing question.

Right now I have 5 plants in veg and 2 have shown female pre-flowers, the other 3 I'm unsure about. I want to up-pot them before actually putting them into flower but only have room for 4 plants so I'm hoping atleast 1 is male. Anyways, they are all mature plants (alternating nodes not symmetrical nodes) and I took clones about 2 weeks ago. They are all fairly small, but hopefully still big enough for cloning purposes. So my question is can I throw the unknown sex clones into flower before they root? If I took a clone from an unknown sex plant could I put that clone immediately into 12/12 to sex it or do they need to root before they can sex? (hah, root before sex).

Depends on conditions, a clone that isn't going to survive, isn't going to survive unless you baby it. If it's a vigorous grower and shoots out roots in 3 days then popping it straight into the flower tent will make it show sex, if it's gonna damp off then it won't show.
Only one way to find out, pop one in the flower room...

I recommend rapid rooter plugs there not so touchy with ph levels best starters but paper towel trick dry dark like in an empty dresser drawer

Thanks for the help! I have jiffy plugs soak me in water they blow up put a small hole in it and drop the seed. If your willing to follow I'd like to post some pics of last attempt I can get the tap root to pop but I've never got it to be super long is this a bad thing?
420-magazine-mobile2140343562.jpg
I usually soak it for 10-15 hrs then stop it in paper towl. If it's in my room would that be to cold for it to pop? Also after I drop it in the jiffy I usually put it in my tent
420-magazine-mobile312826358.jpg
what should the temp be in there to be good. Also last time I think I may have watered the jiffy to much and maybe I drowned it? I've also herd that about half an inch is ok? And lightly cover it also should I keep a light on just Incase it does pop while I'm at work

Back
Top Bottom