Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I know. I have close to 50 plants in my garage. The relative humidity is almost 70% now, so I need a dehumidifier and I need it fast :)

It's ok though. Next grow will be 32 plants in a 320x165cm room under 1600 watt. That's going to rock

I like putting many plants together, saves you a month of vegg or so

Here you have 16 plants in a 4x4
update_006_-_overview_mobile_phone.jpg

I know. I have close to 50 plants in my garage. The relative humidity is almost 70% now, so I need a dehumidifier and I need it fast :)

It's ok though. Next grow will be 32 plants in a 320x165cm room under 1600 watt. That's going to rock

I like putting many plants together, saves you a month of vegg or so

Here you have 16 plants in a 4x4
update_006_-_overview_mobile_phone.jpg

looks like the Amazon Bassin ;)

I have a question I hope that this is the right place for it.

Its kind of a what would you do thing...

I have a 3'x3' area with a small LED (~200W actual draw) and small 6 inch carbon filter. I use this for veg.

I also have a 6'x4' area with ~875W of HPS & LED combined with a huge 6 inch carbon filter and evironment is much more controlled. I use this for flower of course.

My question that I pose to you all is as follows:
If you had these two spaces, how would you make the most of them?

I have my strain sorted I am more interested in what style of growing and on what rotation?

I am looking for the largest possible yield over a given 12 month period and I am finding it hard to come to a decision on what will achieve this.

There are a couple of parameters, my grow space is height limited, its only got 5.5' of useable height for the plants (to include pots also) I am also restricted on the number of plants. Up to this point I have stayed below 9 total, I will be more willing to flex on this a little, but I would not go to more than say 15-18 maximum. I say this as I dont want someone to suggest 60 plants in a SoG or something.

I currently do have a theory but still would love ideas. 1st though here's a picture of a sample bud I just took off my current DWC grow to break up all this text...
420-magazine-mobile770577792.jpg

My current theory/idea would be to run a 6 pot, Alien RDWC XL (30L pots) in the flower tent under a ScrOG net.

Simultaneously have a mother in soil in the veg tent, along with a DWC cloner and 2x DWC buckets/totes each with 3 Alien net pots in the lids.

My thoughts being to run the 6 in flower in the Alien system, with my chosen strain (tangerine dream), it should take 10 weeks from flip. I expect to have to veg them 1 week in there to fill the scrog so total 11 weeks in flower.
At roughly 4 weeks into flower take 8-9 new clones and put them into the DWC cloner. Hopefully they root in 21 days (puts me at week 7 of flower) then transfer the best 6 into the two buckets/totes with the three Alien net pots in each lid. Using Alien's own net pots so that I can simply lift them out and move them directly into the flowering system. This gives me then 4 weeks of veg before they move over to the flower tent. Rinse and repeat.

I was hoping for feedback before buying the Alien system as its quite expensive. Thanks in advance and sorry for the huge post.

Hey guys
So one of my plants roots was severed very early in its life.
So I put it with what root it had left into a rockwool cube an a RDWC system.
What do you think it's odds at survival are ?

420-magazine-mobile1719279116.jpg

Garden update :
This lady is Looking well
420-magazine-mobile1237396658.jpg

This lady had her root severed so I'm giving her time to see if she will bounce back.
Also any ideas on how I can keep RH up
I constantly have a fan on to keep temps down

Ok I've hit a problem, the gentleman I'm growing this stuff for has went and pulled most of the fan leaves at the top to get more light at the bottom of the plants. Its day 11 of flower. I've read good and bad reviews, I'd like to know if anything I need to do.
420-magazine-mobile11143339.jpg

Sounds like you have a plan for sure. I'm gonna feed about a half gallon each, drain then put them to bed. Temps finally down her there running about 80 degrees and 41% humidity. From what I've read that's tolerable. Also I'm not sure how to check my temps and humidity with the lights off. Can I turn the lights off and shine a small light through a window

In flower no. i got bananas my first tent run from slight light leak through the cracked bedroom door. And strip plug lights too maybe. I fixed it all my 2nd run and no bananas. I got a LED portable light from the grow shop. It hangs also to keep your hands free. It was $25. and appears cheap but its nice!!
You probably can go in occasionally with flash light and peek in flower but why chance it. Get a plant friendly light. I can go in and shut the bedroom door and do all I need to do with this light.

Ok I've hit a problem, the gentleman I'm growing this stuff for has went and pulled most of the fan leaves at the top to get more light at the bottom of the plants. Its day 11 of flower. I've read good and bad reviews, I'd like to know if anything I need to do.

I'm in day 20 flower and I still defoliate a bit everyday, just to make sure light penetrates

There's always gonna be people on both sides on whether to defoliate or not, but what he did won't hurt your plants, and you don't need to do anything

Bet thing to do is keep him away from the plants. Have him grow his own!! Your supposed to defoil indoors but how much and which is personal preference under the circumstances. They need leafs for energy but you need light to penetrate. Im finding a small defoil done weekly seems best. When I defoil on top I just take a few off. The biggest most blockin leaf to something nice underneath.
Lets get High 420!!
:passitleft:

I've found that one big defoil at around day 10-14 into flowering, will reduce humidity in the room and also reduce and even stop the plant stretch

Bet thing to do is keep him away from the plants. Have him grow his own!! Your supposed to defoil indoors but how much and which is personal preference under the circumstances. They need leafs for energy but you need light to penetrate. Im finding a small defoil done weekly seems best. When I defoil on top I just take a few off. The biggest most blockin leaf to something nice underneath.
Lets get High 420!!
:passitleft:
I agree, but they are for him at his home, im drug tested every month do I can't use for another 5 months 14 days 4 hours. I'm counting down my days, believe it our not but I've never used it in my life but I see what it does for him so I'm sure it will be a wonderful thing. One good thing about it that all those little white hairs are getting plenty of sunshine more.

Back
Top Bottom