Flower vs. auto-flower

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YeiQYeild is totally different UOTE="KrunckleSam, post: 5049676, member: 342422"]
So do auto flower plants affect potency?
What’s the yield difference, and how long does it take on avg. vs the standard plant?

It may also help to know, I have a 4x4x6.5 indoor tent, so limited on space.
[/QUOTE] yield is totally different and same with potency. Go photoperiod for the time, money, care you put in you want the superior quality! Autos potency is fine but photos are always killer

I like them both autos and photos.

I like them both autos and photos.
Same here. I’m still fairly new to autos. Originally I thought I might like them because I kept running out of sun in September, plants not finishing in time. But now that I’m on my fourth batch (loving the turnaround time) most of my indoor plants are now autos too.
I’ll be honest, I still haven’t harvested one that can beat my last photo plant (ChemDawg) in taste and high. But this current batch may just do it, it’s a whole grow dedicated to flavor.
Weight wise I’m still really close, pulling between 7-8 oz off both my last photo and auto. Can’t really compare the outside photo plants right now, they are almost taller than me :laughtwo: At least if they don’t finish this year, I can just press them.

I know! That’s why I asked, I couldn’t believe how big some of those buds were.
Here’s my last auto that I grew, it’s 2 plants in a 10 gallon soft pot.

Sour Diesel goodness

Only thing I don't like about autoflowers is they are ridiculously inconsistent.
Genetically I don't think most of them are ready for prime time.
I have never once had a photo-period not produce, not ever.
I have tried 8 autoflowers and only 2 produced at all. 5.5oz and 7 oz 10gr.
And both of them was one cultivar called Honey Peach which will most likely be the only autoflower I ever grow again.

I only have a small space thats fit for two plants, I don't have time to fuck around with autoflowers being stunted left and right, that takes away any and all slight advantage they could ever have.
I can put a photo period in the ground and there's a 99% chance I am going to get over 8 oz virtually guaranteed within 16 weeks.

If I had a huge space and I could get seeds cheaply I wouldn't mind doing a perpetual grow and just planting seeds until I get one thats worth a shit and keep a dozen going at all times.
But since I got two pots and a small space then autoflowers aren't worth the hassle, except for the one and only cultivar I've found thats genetically ready which is Honey Peach CBD.

Same here. I’m still fairly new to autos. Originally I thought I might like them because I kept running out of sun in September, plants not finishing in time. But now that I’m on my fourth batch (loving the turnaround time) most of my indoor plants are now autos too.
I’ll be honest, I still haven’t harvested one that can beat my last photo plant (ChemDawg) in taste and high. But this current batch may just do it, it’s a whole grow dedicated to flavor.
Weight wise I’m still really close, pulling between 7-8 oz off both my last photo and auto. Can’t really compare the outside photo plants right now, they are almost taller than me :laughtwo: At least if they don’t finish this year, I can just press them.
Chem dawg? Had it many. Love the chem, tastes amazing! I’ve had chem mixed with everything. Just finished overpaying and smoking- Ultra, Sour, Chem, OG. (a beautiful abomination.)

This next comment is directed at cultivators...

BTW
Spend money on packaging, I’d pay $3 dollars more for a jar, vs. a plastic container or a red-man tobacco type pouch. Get rid of the Mexican drug cartel plastic pouches.

#ConcernedConsumer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 28
Here’s my last auto that I grew, it’s 2 plants in a 10 gallon soft pot.

Is it weird that I want to lick the plants?... that’s gotta be fucking weird.

Only thing I don't like about autoflowers is they are ridiculously inconsistent.
Genetically I don't think most of them are ready for prime time.
I have never once had a photo-period not produce, not ever.
And both of them was one cultivar called Honey Peach which will most likely be the only autoflower I ever grow again.

I only have a small space thats fit for two plants, I don't have time to fuck around with autoflowers being stunted left and right, that takes away any and all slight advantage they could ever have.
I can put a photo period in the ground and there's a 99% chance I am going to get over 8 oz virtually guaranteed within 16 weeks.

If I had a huge space and I could get seeds cheaply I wouldn't mind doing a perpetual grow and just planting seeds until I get one thats worth a shit and keep a dozen going at all times.
But since I got two pots and a small space then autoflowers aren't worth the hassle, except for the one and only cultivar I've found thats genetically ready which is Honey Peach CBD.
That’s good fucking info. You have a way with your goddamn words! I’m changing my vote to photo. I like to be more involved in my bastard children’s lives anyhow.

That's surprising. Me, being a noob, have 18 autoflowers under my belt the last year, and every one germinated and produced nice flowers. Got a little phenotype variation, but that's par for the course AFAIK. Not huge yields, maybe 2.5oz average, but that's more than enough for me. Could it be the cultivar?

That's surprising. Me, being a noob, have 18 autoflowers under my belt the last year, and every one germinated and produced nice flowers. Got a little phenotype variation, but that's par for the course AFAIK. Not huge yields, maybe 2.5oz average, but that's more than enough for me. Could it be the cultivar?
That's amazing.
I'd say at least a 1/3rd of every autoflower grow I see they get stunted and never get past 10" tall with a single little thumb size bud.
About a 1/3rd seem to get great results like 8+ oz and about 1/3rd somewhere in between like you've gotten and two of my 8 were.
The worst photo period yield I've ever had was 6.5oz and my average is right in between 8.5-9oz
If I averaged my 8 autos which was
1. Nuttin
2. Nuttin
3. Nuttin
4. 5.5 oz
5. Nuttin
6. Nuttin
7. Nuttin
8. 7oz 10gr

Thats about 1.6 oz per but thats a lot of nuttin to have to phuck with.

That's amazing.
I thought it was perfectly normal... :p I'm seeing others having consistent success too, some with seriously better yields than me, e.g. @mumps getting more than 6oz. My yields are possibly limited by the 3 gallon buckets, not the best soil and me still fumbling with nutes, additives and diagnostics.

Seeing your other plants, it strikes me that it can't be a lack of growing skills and green thumb - with only 2 out of 8 making it, perhaps it's worth checking out other seed suppliers next time?

Edit to add: I wrote: "...every one germinated..." - that's not correct, sorry - I forgot about two "quality" seeds that did not germinate, but I reckon that was simply bad merchandise, nothing to do with autoflower as such.

So do auto flower plants affect potency?
What’s the yield difference, and how long does it take on avg. vs the standard plant?
Mine are taking between 80 and 100 days. In my experience, I can add around 20 days to the seed suppliers estimated time, but lights, medium, nutes, temperature and humidity surely affects that. I don't know about potency since I have no photos to compare with, but I'm satisfied.

I thought it was perfectly normal... :p I'm seeing others having consistent success too, some with seriously better yields than me, e.g. @mumps getting more than 6oz. My yields are possibly limited by the 3 gallon buckets, not the best soil and me still fumbling with nutes, additives and diagnostics.

Seeing your other plants, it strikes me that it can't be a lack of gower skills and green thumb - with only 2 out of 8 making it, perhaps it's worth checking out other seed suppliers next time?

Mine are taking between 80 and 100 days. In my experience, I can add around 20 days to the seed suppliers estimated time, but lights, medium, nutes, temperature and humidity surely affects that. I don't know about potency since I have no photos to compare with, but I'm satisfied.
It can’t be the 3g containers, I use 2g pots for my autos and I get 7oz + per plant. They are averaging about 60 days, but really it’s up to the plant and the trichomes.
I have experienced the weak genetics problem with my gorilla glue #4, and had a few that never properly finished. But every other auto I’ve grown has been into flower within 32 days. On the other end of possible problems, my purple lemonade started flowering at about 14 days old and never got any real size. Very pretty and smelly but the plant looks like it will only yield 2 oz or so. Other than that, autos are treating me pretty well, and I give them an equally decent short life.

It can’t be the 3g containers, I use 2g pots for my autos and I get 7oz + per plant. They are averaging about 60 days, but really it’s up to the plant and the trichomes.
Nice! I had a look at your journal. Gorilla Glue and Tangerine Dream are both strains I want to try, and I'm also looking to get into MegaCrop - perhaps I stand a chance of approaching your yields with that... :cheesygrinsmiley: Which seed bank are those monster GG and TD from?

Back
Top Bottom