Auto Topping LED Grow

There is a major cost factor involved between Budmaster and MH for sure.
MH has warehouses here in the states, so the shipping costs are much more reasonable as well as their units are priced lower.
Obviously major differences in the manufacturing and specs make up cost, but I feel for newer growers the Mars Hydro's are good start up for sure. They perform very well, in my own grow and what I see on other journals.

I don't think Budmaster has any U.S. warehousing, last I looked a few months ago they didn't. That could have changed by now, but if not the shipping cost and import duty to here in the States would be substantial for the weight and size of the packaging.
Light Addict, or the Budmaster website could tell you that.
I would love to have the newer models of the Budmasters, but I could not swing the cost for a long time. Someday.....

Just another 2 cents worth. :)

I think most LED's are still way over priced for they are. Given the fact they are still experimenting it could be sometime before we get the perfect light combo...my 2 pennies worth lol

Canna i feel ya im thinking budmaster for me eventually;) they look like there worth every penny german engineering;)well built .and built to last;)

Atrain i know what u mean dude but they look worth it .all down to the dollar in the back burner ha ha;) as time goes on we will succeed;)

Thanks Atrain,

I will look into those brands when I get ready to purchase another light.

One thing I'm glad I'm not....is a new grower looking for an LED light to start out. There are so MANY brands out there to investigate, the decision has got to be incredibly tough if you've never used one before.

I looked at one recently that I had thought about getting a couple years ago and it went down from a couple thousand dollars to just shy of $500.00 now. So, the prices are certainly coming down from when they were first starting to get introduced to growing, yet still unreachable for many.

:circle-of-love:

Here is the light mate im on about had to cut all brand info off the pics but ul get the idea.here she is;):) ur were bang on about the price;)
IMG_20151108_122354.JPG
IMG_20151108_122207.JPG
IMG_20151108_122416.JPG
IMG_20151108_122257.JPG
IMG_20151108_122328.JPG
IMG_20151108_122228.JPG

Bud ur right it does mean that.i been on google.there also better because give off better lumens this is good;) basically as i said before its the newest led technology getting better and better;)its the way forward;)

Bud ur right it does mean that.i been on google.there also better because give off better lumens this is good;) basically as i said before its the newest led technology getting better and better;)its the way forward;)

In ten years it will be perfected, and the cost will be such that I can afford it. :cheer: Shit, I don't wanna wait that long.:hmmmm:

What's up beast loking good man.... just a little side note to all of the newer grower and folks who are jelous of LED...... I know the feeling everyone wants the newest coolest BEST stuff.... seeing folk post pics with blue lights makes you want ot more.... I will sat if I didn't win this mars hydro light.... I would still be under a 600 watt mh veg and a 600 watt hps for flower....

Don't stress if you can't afford LED don't focus on what light or what nutes ot what soil focus on understanding growing cannabis basics and you will be successful..... dial in your environment and feed schedule and give them light ..... doesn't matter what kind just use the light you have effectively...... and you WILL grow nice plants..... the 2nd largest auto I have ever grown was done under t5 and cfl.... 2 of the plant of the month wins were cfl grows.....I say this just to let the newer folks know... don't drop a ton of money on a state of the art LED then go in and not know how to use your nutes and growing medium because a half dead burnt up seedling won't grow even under the power of the sun lol....

What's up beast loking good man.... just a little side note to all of the newer grower and folks who are jelous of LED...... I know the feeling everyone wants the newest coolest BEST stuff.... seeing folk post pics with blue lights makes you want ot more.... I will sat if I didn't win this mars hydro light.... I would still be under a 600 watt mh veg and a 600 watt hps for flower....

Don't stress if you can't afford LED don't focus on what light or what nutes ot what soil focus on understanding growing cannabis basics and you will be successful..... dial in your environment and feed schedule and give them light ..... doesn't matter what kind just use the light you have effectively...... and you WILL grow nice plants..... the 2nd largest auto I have ever grown was done under t5 and cfl.... 2 of the plant of the month wins were cfl grows.....I say this just to let the newer folks know... don't drop a ton of money on a state of the art LED then go in and not know how to use your nutes and growing medium because a half dead burnt up seedling won't grow even under the power of the sun lol....

Well stated. :thumb:

Good info atrain mate and thanks;).the current leds im using for this grow i thought were 2 watt leds but there 5 watt led,sfull spectrum 340w each.i just been on google try get info on proper distance to hang them from plants.cnt find a thing.so what distance would u recomend ? There very low at the minute;)

With that light I would run it 24 inches to start then watch.... when I ran MH I would cram a 600 watt in 15 to 18 over tops of seedlings and they love it... with the led and 5w chips I found that to be too close.... I don't know exactly how to explain it but the LED seems more prificient so it doesn't need to be as close... hell I have me seedings under the 1200 watt and it is raised to max height of 5 ft and they have no stretch

Damn atrain no stretch at full hight lucky man ha ha;)l be back shortly im going to raise the lights abit as my babies are now established;) and yea ur right led supose to penetrate the plants alot more than hps even when further away ;)

As for seedlings stretch, as long as they get enough light they stay low.....

Just shows the power of 5 w panel... Strong powerful light, right wave lengths being provided....

At that distance is impressive tho.... They must be slapping on the sun block, chillin n vegging out. :laugh::laugh:

Iv gone for 17 inches above plants.before i raised them they were 4 inch from plant lol .leafs were slight cupping must of been abit intense.all should be fine now;)

I made an over water error on the lil' purp. Slowed her down a couple days, I fear.
Was hard to tell how much the soil was drenched going straight into a big pot. A lot of run off this morning and her growth stopped entirely all day yesterday. (I saw that in the video)

Ah well, she'll be fine. Just shortened my time up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom