Auto Topping LED Grow

kushtie ha ha I agree the heavier the hit the longer it takes to smoke the spliff;).this is good.gives u plenty of time to absord all the goodness;)

is it ok to recommend a seed bank or breeder here? im curious who you would recommend for a first time auto grower,, not wanting to buy any of these cheap autos that have been giving the auto family a bad name

schtiggy this my first time using led.i havnt gone by any demensions.just guessed and kept close eye on my girls right through.they give off little heat mate so I had them very low at seedling stage . and as the plants grew bigger I upped the lights alittle.worked out great for me so far. but the higher they are the more covarage u get same with any light.il just continue to guess and play with my leds through plant growth all fun and games.gives me more to do and more to learn.and more time with the ladies always a bonus.when I check on them I can be stood there after tending to them just looking a there beauty next minute 30 mins has gone by lol.the love for my girls is strong.and I love using my eyes and my plants to tell me everything is ok;)happy growing every1;):thumb::volcano-smiley::high-five:

I hear that. I'm in looking at them dozens of times per day. 2 of mine are starting to stretch...nice and hairy on day 29. I just sit there and stare. They each end up with a "personality" and become like pets. You get attached to them and REALLY want to do what is best for them. I know they liked the switch to LED for sure! They stood up like they appreciated it. Yep...must be love :)

Schtiggy sounds like's been bit by the bug :welcome:

I have my LED about 3-4 inches from the top of my ladies but that is out of necessity, not choice. Being only 30" high I don't have much space.

I have heard that you should have LED's at least 8 - 12 inches away as it helps better mix the spectrum or something. I make sure I rotate the plants often, especially in such tight confines to keep different sections getting various exposure.

I did have them about 3" away in the beginning but I think it was too much and going forward will keep the light as high as possible in my current tent.:Namaste:

Krypt With the LEDs you shouldn't really get heat burn at even 4 inch away as they give off next to no heat ... If you place your hand underneath that's a great indication of how far away you can place them if it's warm on your hand it's going to be warm on your plant ... Most hps are kept at 18-24 inch ... Try put your LEDs closer and it should help for better node distance and stop stretching as much :thumb:

I had my led,s 8 inch above my seedlings and they grew very fast .u can get them very low. as u say no heat.and ur plants leaves will let u know when its time to raise it.so all is good.we all want good growth ha ha.happy growing every1.oh and I get my phone back today pick it up later from repair shop.ready for my update tmz.;)

Phone is now back in my hand and working a treat.i.will be backbuilding the 2 big auto ladies tomorrow so will share the process on here when i do.also will be harvesting tyrone special auto tmz and then reveal the babies that will take the free space;) happy growing every1;)

Back
Top Bottom