Autoflower - 19 days old - Something is going on with her

W8_20151111212530 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery ok this is how it looks like.

after flipping pot inside out some soil just dropped. The root system took over, it was full of roots. At some point I had to touch them in order to put it safely on the cardboard. Some small roots tore away from the soil but it shouldn't be a problem it wasn't anything big. Couple questions.

1. No watering of course?
2. Will she get some shock because of that?

Looking good :)

Hey when I repot (which I just did with two of mine) I totally smash the root balls around to have (some) old soil drop...I wouldn't worry really about touching the roots, I do it all the time. I have not seen one plant harmed because of repotting really. As long as you don't rip all the roots etc. And yes as Emilyia said, afterwards always water WELL.

I didn't water it after adding more soil because I did watered her in the morning.
i wasn't sure about watering? Should I still do that ??

I didn't water it after adding more soil because I did watered her in the morning.
i wasn't sure about watering? Should I still do that ??

yes, a pat on the back for trying to let her dry out, but you should water thoroughly now, saturating the soils to merge them together. This should be standard operating procedure every time you transplant and for this reason I tend to transplant about a day before time to water. Then after this, back to normal, and just sit back and let her use up all that water again.

Some new pictures.
Every day those buds seem to get bigger. Last time watered about 5 days ago (while putting more soil under the rootball)
Some tips of leafs get yellow, because of flowering I think? Correct me if wrong

she smells , but my big fan is distracting it which is good.

1. Should I keep her under light schedule of 18/6
2. What can I do extra to help her make bigger buds?
3. Just to be sure : no fertilizers ?

W8_20151117173834
W8_20151117173847

looking much better! The yellow lower leaf will never come back all the way, but look at that green trying to come back in at its base! This is a clear sign that the plant is now getting the nutrition it needs, good job! I let those damaged leaves stay right where they are at, just so I have a clear indicator in case I get in trouble again.

The yellow leaf tips are a sign of too many nutes... or in this case, a good strong soil. This is a clear sign to you that you should not use any more nutes... the plant has all it needs in that soil... and then some! Don't let the tips bother you too much... it is not a crisis, just an indicator. There is an adage in the pot world... "if you aren't burning the tips, you aren't trying hard enough." I am not sure that this is good advice for a new grower, but just making the point that this is not something to overly stress about... just note it, and by all means don't add any more nutes.

What can you do to make bigger buds? Patience... and continuing to do what you are doing now. Everything is cumulative in a pot grow... all the mistakes and all the good things add together, and the size and quality of your buds is a direct result of everything that happened in the grow. Concentrate now on the roots... plan to successively up pot several times, always taking care to grow the best rootball in each container that you can... and the plant above will respond accordingly. This is the secret to big buds... there are no magic nutrients that cause it, or we would all use them. The roots are the key... and now you are on the right track to a great harvest now that you know how to water correctly.

And in my humble opinion, yes on the 18-6... it is a good schedule with a lot of light for energy and a good rest period. I see proof of this theory that plants need that rest period in the grow I am doing right now using 12-1 lighting... my plants are getting a lot of rest... more than they would usually have on an 18/6 schedule, and they are thriving. I am convinced that autos need a rest period too.

>>
The yellow leaf tips are a sign of too many nutes... or in this case, a good strong soil. This is a clear sign to you that you should not use any more nutes... the plant has all it needs in that soil... and then some! Don't let the tips bother you too much... it is not a crisis, just an indicator. There is an adage in the pot world... "if you aren't burning the tips, you aren't trying hard enough." I am not sure that this is good advice for a new grower, but just making the point that this is not something to overly stress about... just note it, and by all means don't add any more nutes.
>>

Definitely good advice! I never gave much attention to the tips...

Emilya,

despite me "boasting" that I never had a problem with repotting, now I do have one as it seems. Last week I repotted about a 7" plant into a somewhat bigger pot.
The plant looks quite awful ever since. (A second one I repotted the same way looks ok).
To me it looks like the typical "overwater droop", but I am just baffled that the plant doesn't recover. The last days I had them really dry out but obviously it wasn't enough. (With all the plants I repotted previously I usually used some root stimulant with the 1st drenching of the soil, this time I didn't, just plain water).

DSCN1836x.JPG

Also...the potting mix I use, it's supposedly a special planting mix for weed, it even has cannabis plants on the bag :), so coco, compost, perlite, the usual....but the ph according to the package is 7.2. Ever since I wonder whether this mix is actually ok or whether the ph is simply a little too high. Otherwise the soil looks/feels like Canna Terra Pro. Just worried about the ph.

Emilya,

despite me "boasting" that I never had a problem with repotting, now I do have one as it seems. Last week I repotted about a 7" plant into a somewhat bigger pot.
The plant looks quite awful ever since. (A second one I repotted the same way looks ok).
To me it looks like the typical "overwater droop", but I am just baffled that the plant doesn't recover. The last days I had them really dry out but obviously it wasn't enough. (With all the plants I repotted previously I usually used some root stimulant with the 1st drenching of the soil, this time I didn't, just plain water).

Also...the potting mix I use, it's supposedly a special planting mix for weed, it even has cannabis plants on the bag :), so coco, compost, perlite, the usual....but the ph according to the package is 7.2. Ever since I wonder whether this mix is actually ok or whether the ph is simply a little too high. Otherwise the soil looks/feels like Canna Terra Pro. Just worried about the ph.

wow... definitely got an issue...
Last time I had one do something like that, upon transplanting I had heard a little snap... I never confirmed it, but I assume that I broke off a vital root in the process, and that plant eventually died. This is not looking good... looks like she cant get any transpiration pressure... roots shut down or damaged so badly they cant function. Your soil might be the culprit, but this looks bigger than that... especially if you have been able to transplant into this soil successfully before.

Day 37
W8_20151121090927
W8_20151121090955
W8_20151121091015

she got some water last thursday in the morning.
Leaf burn is slowly progressing but it doesn't bother me for now.

oh yeah... she looks a lot better now. A little complaining about the hot soil, but she is getting used to the idea. :) As her nutritional needs go up, the complaining will die down too. I assume you are adjusting pH to the low side of the soil range to compensate for that high soil pH?

I have very hard water (ph 8ish, 8.5ish) but I am using organic nutes (Plant Magic Plus Oldtimer Grow & Bloom). Since I am growing in soil, those who are making those nutes say that it is not needed (and not recommended) to adjust ph. They also said that any "ph down" product (which I have) is actually bad for the "micro herd". So, this just my newbieness advice (don't know whether Emilya has some advice there too), if you think ph is an issue or you think it's bothersome/time consuming needing to adjust ph maybe you want to look into organic nutes too where you don't need to adjust anything? (Those nutes, or most organic nutes from what I know *DO* actually lower the ph of the water already).

I also tend to agree with what the Plant Magic folks said somewhere...MOST people measure ph from the runoff water which might not be optimal/correct. The ph of the soil around the roots might be different than the ph from the water that's flowing off. So until now, even with very hard water I thankfully didn't see a need to adjust ph yet.

Edit: I am aware that "high ph" does not *necessarily" also mean "hard water" although usually those things are related. I also checked the lab reports of our water so I could confirm the water here is indeed hard.(Lots of calcium/magnesium)

I have very hard water (ph 8ish, 8.5ish) but I am using organic nutes (Plant Magic Plus Oldtimer Grow & Bloom). Since I am growing in soil, those who are making those nutes say that it is not needed (and not recommended) to adjust ph. They also said that any "ph down" product (which I have) is actually bad for the "micro herd". So, this just my newbieness advice (don't know whether Emilya has some advice there too), if you think ph is an issue or you think it's bothersome/time consuming needing to adjust ph maybe you want to look into organic nutes too where you don't need to adjust anything? (Those nutes, or most organic nutes from what I know *DO* actually lower the ph of the water already).

I also tend to agree with what the Plant Magic folks said somewhere...MOST people measure ph from the runoff water which might not be optimal/correct. The ph of the soil around the roots might be different than the ph from the water that's flowing off. So until now, even with very hard water I thankfully didn't see a need to adjust ph yet.

Edit: I am aware that "high ph" does not *necessarily" also mean "hard water" although usually those things are related. I also checked the lab reports of our water so I could confirm the water here is indeed hard.(Lots of calcium/magnesium)

you are not going to like this, but I agree with very little that the Plant Magic folks said...
adjusting pH is always a good idea, especially when you use nutes that tend to take your fluids out of the usable range. Also, a blanket statement that "any" pH down is bad for the micro herd is flat out ridiculous...
Yes it is bothersome and time consuming to check your pH, but when was anything good not worth a little extra effort? Your organic nutes might be specially made to buffer your pH into the usable range, but a full load of FoxFarm nutes for instance, brings the pH way down into the acidic ranges and absolutely need to be adjusted. I guess if you spend enough on nutes, modern science has made them self adjusting... I would have to see it to believe it however, and there is no way I would apply anything outside of the proper range to my plants.
And next, they claim that MOST people measure pH from the runoff... hmmm... how in the heck would you know what you were applying without measuring it first? Would you apply something unknown to your plants, hoping that against all odds by the time it percolated through your plants it might be at the proper pH so you could measure it and feel all warm and fuzzy? This again is ridiculous...
Regarding hard water... this rating usually has more to do with volume of minerals that are in the water. Lots of limestone will drive the pH of your water up, lots of dissolved metals can drive the pH down... Hard water usually is fairly high pH however, around 8 is very typical and not fit to grow plants in without adjusting.
It is so hard to know who to trust in these things... that personable person in the hydro store or a faceless advisor on the internet. Take a serious look at your choices... someone trying to sell you something vs someone actually growing something....
pH is very important... but sometimes you just need to experiment to figure out what is truth and what is myth.

I got some weird problem with my seed. I planted it directly to the soil last monday. 2 or 3 days ago it sprouted but till this day there is a shelf in it (helmet) should I help it to remove it?

Seed W8_20151123174445
W8_20151123174410
W8_20151123174353
W8_20151123174331
W8_20151123174318
ph W8_20151123174305
W8_20151123174305
What do you think about my seed, leafs condition snd ph?
so that little seedling is s bit yellow. i will give it 2-3 days max. Shit it'll be 2nd seed with shell on it.
what's the best way to germinate seeds directly to the soil? should I soak them before? should I moisten soil whie putting the seed

my current auto femi plsnt was planted directly to the soil and everything seems fine...

Don't wait repot now as soon as you can. Be careful about potting soil several have time release balls in it and that is crap caused problems in the leaves. Your plant has N problems PH could cause this wrong nutrients can cause. Replant in a pot 1/3 to 1/2 bigger then get some RO water ph to 5.8 to 6.1 water once till there is a 25% run off leave alone. For at least 2 days then when the dirt dyes so dry it might wilt.( You need to learn this point in your plants and water just before that point)do it again ph 6.0 to 6.3 let dry out again check the ph of the water coming out of the bottom the third time ph 6.3 to 6.5 you dry and flush you will see an effect. the exit ph will tell what is happening. Your lights are not good for plant pointed down spread out a little and they need to have the long axes horizontal to plant. Your pointing the wrong part on the plant and you have spot coverage. You need a more defused angle. don't reuse the drained water. I grow in COCO so I don't know what the reading should be in dirt but in theory it should go up as it passes thru . NEXT time get some dirt for weed and the nutrients for same water 2 or 3 times a week as need and don't water from bottom in dirt also get spray bottle with RO phed water and spray daily lightly don't drench just mist the ladies love it . If you noticed how many times I said PH it's very important .

Back
Top Bottom