Autoflower - 19 days old - Something is going on with her

re: My plant might have some deficiency - N - Autoflower - 19 days old - First grow

There are 2 pic of sprouted seed.
Ok I'm going to water it. How much water approximately?

Edit: i'll make soil more alkaline soon, not sure what to use yet? A dolomite maybe?

dont add anything to your soil that you cant take out if it starts to cause a problem. Just water your plants with 6.5 pH water every time and the soil pH will take care of itself automatically.

When you water, water to saturation, or run off. Then, do not even think about watering again if you can lift up your container and feel any water weight at all. It should take several days.

re: My plant might have some deficiency - N - Autoflower - 19 days old - First grow

Ok I'll not add anything to my soil in order to make it more.

While watering my plant there was just few drops leaking from the bottom holes, is it enough?

Can you guys see those just sprouted pictures?

Ok I'll not add anything to my soil in order to make it more.

While watering my plant there was just few drops leaking from the bottom holes, is it enough?

Can you guys see those just sprouted pictures?

yes, if you have been watering slowly so that the soil can absorb as much as possible, when it just starts coming out of the bottom you can stop... it is saturated. Some gardeners always water to 10% runoff so as to do a little mini flush each time they water to help eliminate salt buildup... I would not do that unless I was giving heavy nutes and saw a need for it.

We can't see your pictures. Check out the photo tutorial.

That does not sound like enough runoff to me, but it MIGHT be enough. Also, water slowly - especially at first. Soil is like a very dry sponge. When you first add water, most of it will run right through and out. It takes a little while for the soil to start absorbing the water. I like to water from top down and bottom up. Small pots are placed in a similar sized pot or bucket that will hold the runoff. Let the pot soak a few minutes until it is fully saturated and cannot hold any more water. Now remove it. Tip it front, back, left and right, letting as much water drain out as possible. Now put it back under your light(s) and leave it alone until it is good and dry - on the verge of wilting. Repeat.

Ufff that's great and she recover pretty fast though.
She's under 6 cfl lamps, about 130W. I'll add another one soon.

Have you ever had some problems with sprouting seed just like me? She sprouted but don't want to open :/

Repot in the driest soil you have. Don't water for a few days, let the new soil soak up some of that water. You also may want to add a little extra perlite to the soil and bottom of pot for drainage. Those leaves won't recover sorry man.

When it comes to seedlings, LESS is always better! No nutes, no ph adjusting (if you grow in soil) etc..etc..

That being said, my FIRST set of leaves on almost every plant also ALWAYS turns yellow and at some point dies. Thanks Emilya for the explanation - it makes total sense that we over-water the plants and the bottom yellow leaves are because of N deficiency.

Heck it's really so difficult sometimes to just hold back with watering and realize that less water, less nutes etc. are the best thing really.
On a side-note, even with the bottom leaves yellow your plants otherwise look fine. I even was going so far as to think that the first set of leaves turning yellow at some point is "normal" because it happens fricking all the time. So or so, will try to water even less. Thanks for advice!

Back
Top Bottom