What is going on with her? Pic inside

Damn so the seedling turning lime green with burnt true leaves is DONE DONE?
fuck… I give up lol
ive been watering and Ph’ing water as instructed by the soil manufacturers
but maybe my lack of watering..
I really don’t know. Not sure how growing mushrooms is way fucking easier than this bullshit
im done lol
i don’t really have the cash to buy a pack of 5 new seeds and I think it’s well past the point of starting a new seed (gets cold early in Canada where I live)

Should I water the pot u think?
I don’t think I’ve even saturated the entire pot 50% even once..
what is gonna help them the most? Putting a humidity dome over them?
they’re not getting 4-6 hours of direct light anymore maybe only 1hour direct the rest is shady or indirect through trees
was also told by the stepwell soil guy the bigger the pot the more nutrients and despite them being 2-3 weeks old there’s no way they’ve taken in al the nutrients these 5-7gal containers have within the soil?
feel like I should’ve used humidity domes Despite someone telling me not to.. maybe they thought this is indoor grow.
but it’s been outdoor planted from SEED

If it’s dry, water it well and then leave it be until it’s getting dry again (soil). I don’t think I’d put a humidity dome on. Once they recover or if they’re healthy give them more and more natural light over several days, just remember to watch the soil moisture in direct sun. Again, I don’t know how that soil is supposed to be watered, like coco/moss or like soil. Let’s see if @Bill284 has any insight.

i guess I just was never shown or taught what enough moisture vs not enough looks like..
like if the soil is darker and not light brown it has enough moisture? Or is dark soil only conditioned and still needs more water u know?
tough stuff..
gonna put humidity domes on I guess..
really just havent a clue what they need. How could they have grown so little..
could light pollution at night be affecting their growth too?
I wonder if I need to make it more pitch black on my patio even though it’s already pretty damn dark

I think this article would be of help to you

If it’s dry, water it well and then leave it be until it’s getting dry again (soil). I don’t think I’d put a humidity dome on. Once they recover or if they’re healthy give them more and more natural light over several days, just remember to watch the soil moisture in direct sun. Again, I don’t know how that soil is supposed to be watered, like coco/moss or like soil. Let’s see if @Bill284 has any insight.
i guess I just was never shown or taught what enough moisture vs not enough looks like..
like if the soil is darker and not light brown it has enough moisture? Or is dark soil only conditioned and still needs more water u know?
tough stuff..
gonna put humidity domes on I guess..
really just havent a clue what they need. How could they have grown so little..
could light pollution at night be affecting their growth too?
I wonder if I need to make it more pitch black on my patio even though it’s already pretty damn dark
Good morning Phyto :ciao: hope you had a nice weekend.
Thanks for the tag.
I'm a bit late so pardon my question, what exactly is in the pot.
Hi @NewGrower42069 just relax and let mother nature take her coarse.
You can put her under 24 hr light , darkness doesn't matter now.
A T5 florescent is all you need now.
Or 14 plus hrs of sunlight.
And don’t use a dome, you will get soft plants and you won't know how to undo that.
So what is in the pots?

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Hey, so yes that seedling is having issues.... But don't give up on it until she's completely dead....they're resilient and could come back....but you can start another seed as you said you still have medium correct? While you wait to see what happens with the other.

But since you don't have the funds to just go buy good fertilizer....you can make a home tea in the meantime until you can get a nutrients line.

Banana peals- contain phosphorus, calcium, and potassium.
Egg shells -contain calcium.
Coffee grounds- contain phosphorus and nitrogen.
Cooking water or water you boiled veggies in contain all the micro nutrients from the veggies cooked such as potassium, iron, calcium, and more.
Citrus peels- contain phosphorus, potassium, and nitrogen.

I did this when I first started out and it is much better than nothing.... Just take the fruit peels and soak them in warm water....after about 24 hours of soak you should be ready to feed the plants.

For the coffee grounds you sprinkle on the surface and then water.... But not to much as it can raise the pH as coffee is acidic.

Same with the egg shells just crush them up and sprinkle on top.

Hope this helps a bit....but I agree with tortured I'm not sure how to water your medium as well as I grow soil to.

@Bill284, it's a mix of Gaia organic soil 1-0-0 and Stepwell super soil, the stepwell is an amended moss mixture, and the Gaia is an amended coco/moss mixture. I've never dealt with either and don't know what the best way to water is. Do you treat it like like soil or like coco/moss or in between? In any case kinda looks dry.

@Bill284, it's a mix of Gaia organic soil 1-0-0 and Stepwell super soil, the stepwell is an amended moss mixture, and the Gaia is an amended coco/moss mixture. I've never dealt with either and don't know what the best way to water is. Do you treat it like like soil or like coco/moss or in between? In any case kinda looks dry.
Treat it like soil. I think the super soil mix will be prevalent.
So just when it’s super dry. At 6.4 ph.
You will have to utilize a wet dry cycle for air to the roots.
Have you read Em’s watering thread?

Stay safe
Bill

Hi @NewGrower42069 and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your little ones.

I posted this recently to another thread...

...Once my seed has developed at least a 1/2" root on the paper towel, I transfer to a 2" pot with a custom soil mixture. In no time, the seedling is up and going and only takes about 5 days to get 3-4" tall. From there I carefully transplant into a 1 gal. pot with my usual custom grow mix. I add some Mykos "in the hole" when I transplant to the 1 gal. pot.

The mixture I use for the 2" pot is similar to my grow mix, except it's a sifted version of it, to remove small stones, etc. Think of it as "baby food" for the baby plant. This mix is also 1/2 coco coir, with a bit more perlite than usual. Sometimes I will also add some Mykos granules, too. I don't add worm compost (castings) to the mix, because I'm using very fresh homegrown worm compost, and I feel that the "baby food" should be more "pure", i.e. more on the sterile side than the other way around.

I have recently started placing the 2" pots in my cloning chamber, because it's an ideal safe place for them to develop, with plenty of humidity, light, and warmth. (link to my cloning method in my signature.)

Once in the 1 gal. pot, the plants really take off. I will mist them daily for awhile. I actually mist my plants in the veg house regularly, with pure water. I need to make a batch of aerated worm compost tea – that works wonders as a foliar spray.

it'd be easier on you if you started in a solo or small planter and up potted in to the larger container.

So yes wet to dry cycling what I been doing.
what’s his name was right.. this thing is DONE DONE. It got blasted too many consecutive days with hot sun and hot ass weather.. I’m so sad.
is It too late to start a new seed? This soil is gonna go to waste :(
look at this thing it’s freaking frakenstein!
No saving it now…
dammmmmmmit

atleast these other 2 look just okay…

so I don’t screw these ones up..
I should keep them in the shade right?
until like 3-4 nodes then slowly harden for the sun or what?
humidity dome needed or nah? They are outdoor and have been since planted from seed..
If it’s not too late I’d love to start another seed just need to find one perhaps..
or add this pots soil to the bigger one.. I don’t know
i really wanted 3 plants :(

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If it's really hot (sounds like it is) then slowly introduce them to full sun once they get a few sets of leaves. Remember, outdoors you will probably need to water more often. I would go ahead and pop another seed, certainly not too late, particularly since their autos, it's still mid-June.

Hi @NewGrower42069 , here's my advice my friend... The 2 sprouts are looking OK, the other 2 are toast. Take the two good ones and very carefully transplant into 3 inch nursery pots, either square or round ones. Don't use plastic cups, use actual small nursery pots. Add some coconut coir and worm castings to the mixture for these small seedling pots. Make sure your soil mixture is watered and drained in preparation to receive your 2 sprouts. Get a squeeze bottle to water these little pots. Use pure water, like rainwater or store-bought drinking water. Give them a little bit of water after the transplant. Now, keep these sprouts indoors under a grow light – nothing fancy, a 15 to 25 watt daylight spectrum LED bulb would be fine. Let them get 4-5 inches tall, then transplant into a 1 gallon pot. Bury the stems when you transplant so that only 1-1.5 inch is showing above the soil. Put a little Mykos in the hole when you transplant. Keep the 1 gal pots under the grow light indoors for 2-4 days. Then transfer them outdoors into full sun. Wrap the outside of your 1 gal pots with something reflective, like white Tyvek, reflective bubble sheet, or what have you. Now let the plants get 1 to 1.5 ft tall, then transplant again into your final pot size.

I'd say definitely sprout more seed, and follow this same technique.

Back
Top Bottom