Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Man, you take such awesome photos of your very healthy plants. Truly a great combination!

❤️
Thanks Azi! Although the fans on the Trizkit would argue with your healthy statement. But she’s running on sugars now anyway, I just haven’t cut the dead fans yet. When I do she’s gonna look stunning. You may see her in a certain contest sometime soon.

Strawberry Banana Auto

Don’t let her spindly, sparse look fool you. This plant is jamming so hard she doesn’t have any cylinders left to fire on. Ultra healthy. Ultra dialed in. And man is she responding. She may not look it, idk, depends on what you’re seeing I guess, but this is a superstar. I’m giddy about her.

IMG_6198.jpeg

IMG_6197.jpeg

Sort of half on topic post

I am playing bass for the SB. Along with the boys. And as I’m doing so I just have to put the damn instrument down and stop fucking up the song. Close my eyes and just listen to Jerry say here….now go explode. I laugh my damn ass off in a really big way when people talk shit on Jerry as a lead guitar player and say he’s not in the top tier. No opinion could be borne from greater ignorance.

Oh, you don’t believe me. You think I’m being an ass and talking shit. Ok. Well, here, you guys tell me. Listen to this song from Merriwether Post Pavilion in MD in 1984. This is Jerry educating you. What else you got to do for 12 damn minutes? Take a pause and crank it and as you do, remember that he’s making it up as he goes along. Every note. The “thing” of this tune is that it’s a journey. It builds as it goes. Then calms. Then explodes again. The song is about the day after a nuclear blast. So be patient. You’ll know when he takes over cuz you’ll be on Jupiter.

It’s relevant cuz it’s for my pot plant. Teehee.

Strawberry Banana Auto

Don’t let her spindly, sparse look fool you. This plant is jamming so hard she doesn’t have any cylinders left to fire on. Ultra healthy. Ultra dialed in. And man is she responding. She may not look it, idk, depends on what you’re seeing I guess, but this is a superstar. I’m giddy about her.

IMG_6198.jpeg

IMG_6197.jpeg
She hasn’t grown vertically in days, I believe this is her final height. However, I just measured the ppfd she is currently at. It’s unreal. The lower ring on every cola at the top of the cola is at 950-980. This is unreal for the lower ring. And perfect. But the tops are reading literally 1660 ppfd right now. One light, way way too big for one plant and all that. Lmao. Well, I know enough to know if I leave it like that, the beautiful colas at the top will foxtail and likely burn. But surely they’ll foxtail. I don’t want this plant to foxtail. I’d rather live without the perfect top colas, save them, and in effect establish a middle and canopy. So the tops have to be lowered. Or I can reduce the power on the light.

I don’t want the colas in the ring to be less than 950 where they are. This is the best ppfd I’ve ever achieved in the lower ring. So the only way to lower the ppfd on the tops without lowering it on the ring, while maintaining the light at 100%, is to pull them down. So down they come.

In theory this will create a canopy. I can make the ring a little higher and tighter (less circumference) by completely loosening their under bonds, and pull the four tops to the same level. The only reason I can still maybe pull this off is cuz it’s organic and thus no MSA, and cuz she isn’t well enough into flower for her branches to have firmed up completely. Obviously it wasn’t the plan. But I believe I can pull it off. So there’s a preview. I’ll be back to show the results in a while.

Strawberry Banana Auto
Changing Gears and a New Look

Well, so much for my beautiful Sombrero Quad. She was so under control. However, this ain’t my first rodeo, and if I do anything well as a grower it’s change gears when required and pull it off. And indeed, this is pretty fricking sweet, I’m not gonna lie. Lol. And now we have a middle! :rofl:

Lesson here is, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Hee hee.

Here’s a before and after. The canopy now is perfect - it’s 1200 - 1220 ppfd as I scan left to right across the whole canopy. That’s as consistent a reading as it gets. And where I’d have it if given a choice. Which apparently I just was. Lol. I couldn’t be happier with these results.

Jon - 1
Strawberry Banana - 0

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

IMG_6198.jpeg

IMG_6211.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

I finally got off my ass (literally, lol) and switched over to the lift chair so I can get some overhead shots.

Here is the Strawberry Banana auto already adjusted to her new reality.

IMG_6218.jpeg

IMG_6220.jpeg

Trizkit Photo
Day 138
Flower Day 40 (since flip)

I took the dead leaves and cleaned her up proper. This plant hasn’t yet begun to fall over and it’s way going to. The tree branches are huge and solid. The side branches are too thin for the weight of the buds. Everything will fall. I’m working on ideas to head this off at the pass. And I still have to get on my ass and finish cleaning up her back left - you can see it in the whole plant overhead shot. But she’s much improved and way prettier now. This is so much bud I can’t even comprehend it.

Here’s are some shots of the plant as well as a few individual branches to show you the extent and weight of the side branching. Imagine if I hadn’t eliminated so much flarf. It would be a mess. Not only that, the extra weight of all that crap would have these colas drooping even faster than they’re going to. Lol. This is glorious. Heh.

IMG_6221.jpeg

IMG_6223.jpeg

IMG_6226.jpeg

IMG_6225.jpeg

Sort of half on topic post

I am playing bass for the SB. Along with the boys. And as I’m doing so I just have to put the damn instrument down and stop fucking up the song. Close my eyes and just listen to Jerry say here….now go explode. I laugh my damn ass off in a really big way when people talk shit on Jerry as a lead guitar player and say he’s not in the top tier. No opinion could be borne from greater ignorance.

Oh, you don’t believe me. You think I’m being an ass and talking shit. Ok. Well, here, you guys tell me. Listen to this song from Merriwether Post Pavilion in MD in 1984. This is Jerry educating you. What else you got to do for 12 damn minutes? Take a pause and crank it and as you do, remember that he’s making it up as he goes along. Every note. The “thing” of this tune is that it’s a journey. It builds as it goes. Then calms. Then explodes again. The song is about the day after a nuclear blast. So be patient. You’ll know when he takes over cuz you’ll be on Jupiter.

It’s relevant cuz it’s for my pot plant. Teehee.
It’s a brave soul that’s comfortable improvising with others. It’s next level to be recording it. Much respect for the man. CL🍀

It’s a brave soul that’s comfortable improvising with others. It’s next level to be recording it. Much respect for the man. CL🍀
I’ve been listening to Petrucci. Not my cup of tea necessarily, too metal for me, but…..that dude can flat out play. Like, upper echelon play. Another one is Dimebag Darrell, RIP. Not at all what I’d choose to listen to. But Jesus that dude could play.

Trizkit Photo
Day 138
Flower Day 40 (since flip)

I took the dead leaves and cleaned her up proper. This plant hasn’t yet begun to fall over and it’s way going to. The tree branches are huge and solid. The side branches are too thin for the weight of the buds. Everything will fall. I’m working on ideas to head this off at the pass. And I still have to get on my ass and finish cleaning up her back left - you can see it in the whole plant overhead shot. But she’s much improved and way prettier now. This is so much bud I can’t even comprehend it.

Here’s are some shots of the plant as well as a few individual branches to show you the extent and weight of the side branching. Imagine if I hadn’t eliminated so much flarf. It would be a mess. Not only that, the extra weight of all that crap would have these colas drooping even faster than they’re going to. Lol. This is glorious. Heh.

IMG_6221.jpeg

IMG_6223.jpeg

IMG_6226.jpeg

IMG_6225.jpeg
Eureka!!! Yup. I’ve got the solution. And I can even implement it by myself. I will tease this once again not cuz I do that a lot (I don’t, it’s silly) but because I literally just now thought of it and typed it. But I can fix the impending support issue and head it off at the pass.

I’ve been listening to Petrucci. Not my cup of tea necessarily, too metal for me, but…..that dude can flat out play. Like, upper echelon play. Another one is Dimebag Darrell, RIP. Not at all what I’d choose to listen to. But Jesus that dude could play.
You know who is other worldly??? It’s not Satriani or Vai. Not saying that there not virtuoso but Nuno Bettencourt is insane. CL🍀

You know who is other worldly??? It’s not Satriani or Vai. Not saying that there not virtuoso but Nuno Bettencourt is insane. CL🍀
Yup. Agree. So is dude from Bad Company.

Dimebag was great and I respect the talent but not my favorite music 🎶 either. CL🍀
I see guys like him and I say man, if you only played a different type of music. Every solo doesn’t have to be a million notes. Ever hear of Gilmore? Lol

Back
Top Bottom