Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

WooHoo!

I didn't think it was me... but I've been married 33 years now and I have learned to apologize right away, and things usually settle down once I do!

I can't believe anyone would give you $hit on a Cannabis Grow forum. I really Enjoy your content, and I recognize your Spectacular abilities despite being ugly, or whatever YOU said! ❤️
Thanks man. I hate letting it go like that but sometimes I get so pissed I can’t help myself. Lesson learned: no more giving my email to people for side convo. Wasn’t here, just someone from here who I mistakenly gave my email to. And yeah, it seems honestly like it happens when I win a contest. Some of this I’ve addressed here, some privately. Me and Watsei had a moment but we talked and now we are cool. Why can’t it just work like that? I’m always amenable to explaining myself or discussing an issue - if you come at me appropriately. Come at me like an asshole and you get what you get.

Thanks man. I hate letting it go like that but sometimes I get so pissed I can’t help myself. Lesson learned: no more giving my email to people for side convo. Wasn’t here, just someone from here who I mistakenly gave my email to. And yeah, it seems honestly like it happens when I win a contest. Some of this I’ve addressed here, some privately. Me and Watsei had a moment but we talked and now we are cool. Why can’t it just work like that? I’m always amenable to explaining myself or discussing an issue - if you come at me appropriately. Come at me like an asshole and you get what you get.
WooHoo! Let it out and Let IT Go!

I no longer Let anyone Harsh my Mellow! It just isn't Worth it! Let someone walk a Mile in my Shoes, then...

They better walk back and give me my shoes or I will Kick their A$$ next time I ...

Sorry, I get distracted sometimes! hehehe

Don't you just ❤️ THC!

Bruce Banner #3

This girl is finally making the turn it appears. She may come down Monday or so.

Question for you guys about trichomes:

See where this plant is? All the buds are pretty much like what you see here. I call this point “the edge.” It’s when the trichomes are just starting to amber up, and most are white but still a bunch of half filled. That’s where I assess this plant to be. The reason I call it the edge is because I’ve seen plant fall off it at this point. Sometimes when they take forever to get here, as all three of the non-AF plants have, they suddenly “turn,” or “fall off the edge.” When that happens they can sometimes go from here to ready overnight. That’s falling off the edge.

The question is, am I alone here? Anyone else see or experience this? I see it maybe one in ten plants.

2024-05-04-05-22-10-227.jpeg

2024-05-04-05-21-53-947.jpeg

2024-05-04-05-20-58-980.jpeg

Edit: they may even be a step before the edge.based on the third pic. In the first two - that’s more like what I was asking about.

Bruce Banner #3

This girl is finally making the turn it appears. She may come down Monday or so.

Question for you guys about trichomes:

See where this plant is? All the buds are pretty much like what you see here. I call this point “the edge.” It’s when the trichomes are just starting to amber up, and most are white but still a bunch of half filled. That’s where I assess this plant to be. The reason I call it the edge is because I’ve seen plant fall off it at this point. Sometimes when they take forever to get here, as all three of the non-AF plants have, they suddenly “turn,” or “fall off the edge.” When that happens they can sometimes go from here to ready overnight. That’s falling off the edge.

The question is, am I alone here? Anyone else see or experience this? I see it maybe one in ten plants.

2024-05-04-05-22-10-227.jpeg

2024-05-04-05-21-53-947.jpeg

2024-05-04-05-20-58-980.jpeg

Edit: they may even be a step before the edge.based on the third pic. In the first two - that’s more like what I was asking about.
Tough question me I'd chop then when dry I would wish I didn't chop so early, check it 7 times a day for the next 1-5 days (sorry I was not much help) look good though

Oh yeah ,so it’s like that huh 🤔? Let’s see how I can piss Jon off this morning. Just kidding about that one. I think I make some people mad without even trying. So I’m not gonna try to on purpose. lol 😂 CL🍀

Oh yeah ,so it’s like that huh 🤔? Let’s see how I can piss Jon off this morning. Just kidding about that one. I think I make some people mad without even trying. So I’m not gonna try to on purpose. lol 😂 CL🍀
You would have to try pretty damn hard CL. You and I are sort of in tune. I don’t see it happening. Lmao!

Gorilla Cookies Silver Pheno and the other are stabilized. I’ll be sending our intrepid judge the first two plant results today.

This is the silver pheno - it stinks to the holy heavens. Very acrid, biting smell that makes you crazy.

IMG_5865.jpeg

Gorilla Cookies Silver Pheno and the other are stabilized. I’ll be sending our intrepid judge the first two plant results today.

This is the silver pheno - it stinks to the holy heavens. Very acrid, biting smell that makes you crazy.

IMG_5865.jpeg
Wtf is a biting smell that makes you crazy? That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a description of something like that. Is this a good crazy 🤪 or a bad crazy 😜? Lmao 😂 CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wtf is a biting smell that makes you crazy? That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a description of something like that. Is this a good crazy 🤪 or a bad crazy 😜? Lmao 😂 CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Lol!! You know those jars you got that when you open them up for the first time that day, the smell hits you super hard cuz it’s overwhelming? That’s number one. It’s like that.

You know acrid? It’s like something that almost makes you want to turn your head away. It kind of bites the inside of your nose. There’s are certain foods that have a similar effect. I gotta think it’s a terps thing, and these are the primary terps in the strain:
  • Humulene.
  • Myrcene.
  • Ocimene.
  • Phellandrene.
  • Pulegone.
I don’t know how that works but it’s gotta be related somehow.

The smell is premature obviously so I don’t put too much stock in it, but presently that acrid effect is paired with a touch of lemon, a touch of general citrus, some sweetness, and a ton of Cookie-esque dankness which you’re likely familiar with. It’s fricking glorious man. The buzz is a super sweet hybrid-esque buzz that leans sativa. You could easily tweak the effect of the buzz in this strain via chosen harvest time. It’s long lasting and pretty damn strong. I’d guess maybe 25%-ish, I don’t think I got her to the 28+ range they prove in their piece on the strain at 420FastBuds.

It’s a winner. I can’t wait to grow it again.

Better? Lol.

Oh yeah - fucking good crazy. Heh.

California Super Soil Plants
Blue Dream/Strawberry Banana Auto

Both these girls continue to rock. The Strawberry Banana is far outsizing the Blue Dream. She’s also getting her green on better already as hoped. I figured once to bottom roots hit the Cali SS she’d improve, and that’s about where she is. Just hitting it in earnest.

IMG_5868.jpeg

IMG_5869.jpeg

IMG_5866.jpeg

Here’s the other Gorilla Cookies pheno. Darker, danker, more earthy than the other one. Less citrusy. A bit of spice of some sort that the other doesn’t have. Not quite as acrid but every bit the stinker. Closer to classic Cookies smell. Definitively different pheno. So cool.

IMG_5870.jpeg

Here’s the other Gorilla Cookies pheno. Darker, danker, more earthy than the other one. Less citrusy. A bit of spice of some sort that the other doesn’t have. Not quite as acrid but every bit the stinker. Closer to classic Cookies smell. Definitively different pheno. So cool.

IMG_5870.jpeg
You are still living in Fl. correct? I have a request that before you leave, you enjoy all the fun things that I can’t. And take plenty of pictures so I can really be depressed 😔.Nice looking 👀 nugs btw. CL🍀
Lol!! You know those jars you got that when you open them up for the first time that day, the smell hits you super hard cuz it’s overwhelming? That’s number one. It’s like that.

You know acrid? It’s like something that almost makes you want to turn your head away. It kind of bites the inside of your nose. There’s are certain foods that have a similar effect. I gotta think it’s a terps thing, and these are the primary terps in the strain:
  • Humulene.
  • Myrcene.
  • Ocimene.
  • Phellandrene.
  • Pulegone.
I don’t know how that works but it’s gotta be related somehow.

The smell is premature obviously so I don’t put too much stock in it, but presently that acrid effect is paired with a touch of lemon, a touch of general citrus, some sweetness, and a ton of Cookie-esque dankness which you’re likely familiar with. It’s fricking glorious man. The buzz is a super sweet hybrid-esque buzz that leans sativa. You could easily tweak the effect of the buzz in this strain via chosen harvest time. It’s long lasting and pretty damn strong. I’d guess maybe 25%-ish, I don’t think I got her to the 28+ range they prove in their piece on the strain at 420FastBuds.

It’s a winner. I can’t wait to grow it again.

Better? Lol.

Oh yeah - fucking good crazy. Heh.
I’m glad that you clarified that for us. Good crazy 😜 check ✅ CL🍀

You can always wait until they're all done and weighed and send the total. :)
I would Shed, not trying to make your life more difficult. But I won’t have the others for a bit yet. And I have a bunch of impatient friends. I fear if I wait I’ll have to start giving it away and suddenly I’m down 1/4 or a 1/2 or whatever. Sorry!!! I should be able to send these two now, then theee in about three weeks, and the last AF shortly after that. I’ll keep track. But you’ll have the accurate numbers before the vultures arrive.

Trizkit Photo

Just wow. Don’t even know what to say. Nice when a plan(t) comes together. Her canopy is actually pretty darn even in the end for a plant of this nature. I now know - the bigger the plant, the harder it is to control. Maybe. This one sure was.

IMG_5871.jpeg

I would Shed, not trying to make your life more difficult. But I won’t have the others for a bit yet. And I have a bunch of impatient friends. I fear if I wait I’ll have to start giving it away and suddenly I’m down 1/4 or a 1/2 or whatever. Sorry!!! I should be able to send these two now, then theee in about three weeks, and the last AF shortly after that. I’ll keep track. But you’ll have the accurate numbers before the vultures arrive.
LOL! So we're both keeping track? I'll start a spreadsheet. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Trizkit Photo

So here’s a few branches off the girl. Notice that the little buds are almost all the same size. This tells you you have deflarfed well and your buds will be consistent. It’s way desired and rarely achieved. Deflarfing effectively, I am coming to believe, is maybe the single biggest factor after number of colas in your end product size and quality. These are what I want from deflarfing.

IMG_5880.jpeg

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5881.jpeg

Trizkit Photo

So here’s a few branches off the girl. Notice that the little buds are almost all the same size. This tells you you have deflarfed well and your buds will be consistent. It’s way desired and rarely achieved. Deflarfing effectively, I am coming to believe, is maybe the single biggest factor after number of colas in your end product size and quality. These are what I want from deflarfing.

IMG_5880.jpeg

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5881.jpeg
Pretty little pompoms so filled with possibility. This is a gorgeous plant.

Trizkit Photo

IMG_5880.jpeg

IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5881.jpeg
Looking good homeskillet!! Happy Tuesday to you Jon!! 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom