Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

Hey away. Checking your grow but I am just a first timer so I don't know much about sickness or nut lockouts so I can't give u any advices, but I want to help u so u know. I leave that to the pro's. :) but I am with u so you know .

Haha i know the feeling, i am also a first time grower bro :)
So i do the same, leave the problems to the pro's, comment on what i feel sure on, and pretty much just give compliments when your grow looks awesome! :rofl:
But thanks i appreciate it :high-five::Namaste:

Haha i know the feeling, i am also a first time grower bro :)
So i do the same, leave the problems to the pro's, comment on what i feel sure on, and pretty much just give compliments when your grow looks awesome! :rofl:
But thanks i appreciate it :high-five::Namaste:

Exactly like that. :) sure, now I am almost done with my ladies so the only thing I can teach is not to make my mistakes. Thanks for understand. You know, I hate people who wants to be a teacher but never even have going to school. It's better to be a bit shy with help instead of giving wrong info. Teach what u know, let other people teach what they know. U seems to be alright!

Hey away just checking in on you and your grow. Hows it coming along?

Hey away just checking in on you and your grow. Hows it coming along?

Hey Away Hows it Growin? Happy FreeWeed Day :thumb:

Happy freeweed day guys :)
Well i've just fed them today, so it's hard to tell yet.
Besides i look in there far too often to tell if they've grown much :rofl:
The leaves doesnt seem to have died off much more than last time i uploaded pictures, so that's pretty good i guess, now hopefully she will bounce back!

Update..
So after the feed yesterday i took Ed Rosenthal out on my table to strap her down.. I've been using shoe laces and holes in the pot to tie her down as well as i could.
heres the results:

IMG_144022.JPG
IMG_144619.JPG
IMG_144518.JPG
IMG_144421.JPG
IMG_144321.JPG
IMG_144215.JPG
IMG_144121.JPG

i havent really come to a conclusion as to weather she is recovering or no yet.. What do you guys think?

Heres the last Bagseed that i'm planning on moving outside within 30 days:

IMG_143919.JPG
IMG_143818.JPG
IMG_143718.JPG

Which leads me to something i've been considering..
Guerilla growing!
I've been thinking alot about making an outside garden this year, and i think i might have made up my mind on where today, after a long walk with my girlfriend.. we'll see though i havent made any choice about it yet... alot of planning going on though at the moment ;)

Anyway, i'd love your inputs on the Ed Rosenthal for now! How is she doing? :slide:
Also if any1 got advice on outdoor growing, i'd love to hear that too! ;)
Happy Sativaday every1 :Namaste:

The plant will recover for sure, you can see already that the newer growth at the top of the plant is a nice green with no damage on it. Overall the damage will make for a longer veg, because she will have to recover before she really starts growing again but she'll be fine.
The LST is looking alright, the shoelace is a little thick, but hey, you work with what you got on hand...or shoe. ;)

Actually, this thread saddens me now. I sure hope your girls will recover and produce some nice bud, friend. Also, nice brand o' cigs you're pulsing, btw ;)

Hehe bad habit ;) but yeah i think they look stunted a bit, but as StealthGrow pointed out, it looks like all the new life is overall healthy.. so probably just more veg time for her to recover and she'll be good (crossing my fingers atleast!!)
I'm actually getting pretty hooked on the idea of gourilla growing :) the idea that i can be able to have 8-10 plants rather than 1-2 in my closet really makes me excited! + it will help me and my girlfriend supply ourself completely, which is impossible with the 1-2 plants i can do in my closet.. Thanks for comment bro :thumb:

Good job and your soil looks pretty nutritious

Thanks man :thumb::Namaste:

The plant will recover for sure, you can see already that the newer growth at the top of the plant is a nice green with no damage on it. Overall the damage will make for a longer veg, because she will have to recover before she really starts growing again but she'll be fine.
The LST is looking alright, the shoelace is a little thick, but hey, you work with what you got on hand...or shoe. ;)

Thx for feedback! :Namaste:
What about the damaged leaves then? Do i just leave them there till they drop off or should i just tuck them, and let her recover fully after that?
Haha! yeah about the shoelace.. Was all i could get my hands on as i've already spend the money i had set aside for grow-stuff..
Me and my girlfriend live on a tight budget at the moment, hopefully thats all about to change with some success in this room ;)
And if i can get a good harvest with an outdoor grow this summer we wont have to buy any weed for a long time :) :rofl:

Hi again Away, I would just leave the leaves for now, its not hurting anything and removing them is more stress for the plant.

About your outdoor idea, I had the same thought as you for this spring. I'm gonna plant 4-5 plants at my cottage this summer. I found this idea in a journal last fall and thought I might try to replicate it. I can't remember who's journal I got it from, but I've had 4 big black garbage bags full of dead leaves that I raked up last fall sitting in my backyard all winter.;)

Spoke for a bit with a friend of mine today. He just harvested his guerilla grow... Anyway, what this genius did was save all his raked up leaves and junk from his yard last fall. He left them in sunny spot all winter in black plastic garbage sacs.

The golden boy took four clones from a skunk #1 in late April. They were transplant into Happy Frog and grew indoors under light until the second week in June.

In the second week of June, Holmes loaded the back of his pickup with four beat-up old 55 gal drums, a crap-ton of festering leaf bags, a couple of sacks of FFHF, four fence posts, and a bail of chicken wire. Oh, and several empty water jugs.

Very early the next morning Golden Boy loaded the four Skunk #1 plants into the space behind the seat of his truck and went out to a scouted location. It is important, I think, to mention that he also had a big tote full of red wigglers from his worm farm. A bounty.

On the way to the hillside of an abandoned fire road, Holmes knew he would pass a water source.
He filled up his jugs. A few miles up the road, in a place that nobody would consider walking, recently thinned for fire suppression, Holmes parked his truck. Golden Boy dragged his junk up the hillside to his select spot. There was no natural water source for several miles.
In his selected spot, GB had done a little shovel work previously. He had a mostly level spot on the hillside about100 yards from the road. GB emptied his slimy bagged leaf mulch into the drums until they were almost full. Then he dumped stream water on them. Over this he put about an inch or so of FFHF. Then, he dumped in some his worms and the compost that came with them. Next he poured FFHF into the barrels to top them out and watered again. He used landscaping staples to anchor porous weed barrier fabric on top of the soil/leaves.
GB then cut a hole in the fabric the diameter of his pots and planted his healthy female clones in the top of the barrels . He pounded six foot fence posts into the ground and surrounded with a chicken wire fence. He watered the barrels one last time and drove off. He didn't go back until last week. Wow! Off the hook craziness! He's still trimming and estimates his dry yield will be around 3 pounds!

Evidently, the 40 or so gallons of rotting leaves in each barrel hold a ton of water. My friend learned this method from a woman who has been doing permaculture since the 70'S. In very dry years she still harvests tomatoes and peppers using this method WITHOUT EVER WATERING THEM. The worms do their thing on the leaves all summer and continuously feed the plants.

I think I need to find me some old 55 gallon drums before next summer and collect and bag up a ton of leaves this Fall... Maybe he just got lucky, but I'd love to get lucky like that.

seems like they got the leaf issue covered but they are looking good
growing is just as satisfying or maybe even more for some then smoking it

Back
Top Bottom