B.I.D.'s Mysterious 8.0 Featuring? Come See If You Dare!

So your up :cheesygrinsmiley: ... well at least it is better on the back....

I got a TT in the ground :cheesygrinsmiley:
did she pop? hooray!! you should breed her & save her genes cuz i just lost half my last 2 dozzen seeds i was going thru my little seed bank and the bag i had them in fell on the floor i didnt see and when i came back from outside i stepped on it and crushed 12-15 of them with my boot heel!! doh!!(8 yrs work) got some of my gdp too but you can buy those, TT is in about 4 growers hands im gonna do a seed run on her later this summer,

By the way you take awesome images. You have a power tool of macro too with that cam but you need a sensor to match your skills and your images will literally come to life.
thank you buck that sounds like it might involve buying a new camera!! (oh the shock!! the horror!!) i hope thats not it :bitingnails:
i take most in bad lighting for pics led pink,hps yellow,low light etc i like the cam i just dont know what some things mean or do exactly lol like "ae bkt ev steps"?? wtf? or what exactly apearture does, if i should mess with some settings or not, it has a mega zoom and does great on macros i bet if i knew it better my macros would be better, it takes very smart panoramas i want to build a ring the cam can ride on to circle the top of a plant , and it has a way to do time lapse so much stuff so little energy & time

ae bkt ev steps means the camera takes three different exposures in succession, and the images are merged. Giving a better photo in some poor light situations.

did she pop? hooray!! you should breed her & save her genes cuz i just lost half my last 2 dozzen seeds i was going thru my little seed bank and the bag i had them in fell on the floor i didnt see and when i came back from outside i stepped on it and crushed 12-15 of them with my boot heel!! doh!!(8 yrs work) got some of my gdp too but you can buy those, TT is in about 4 growers hands im gonna do a seed run on her later this summer,

thank you buck that sounds like it might involve buying a new camera!! (oh the shock!! the horror!!) i hope thats not it :bitingnails:
i take most in bad lighting for pics led pink,hps yellow,low light etc i like the cam i just dont know what some things mean or do exactly lol like "ae bkt ev steps"?? wtf? or what exactly apearture does, if i should mess with some settings or not, it has a mega zoom and does great on macros i bet if i knew it better my macros would be better, it takes very smart panoramas i want to build a ring the cam can ride on to circle the top of a plant , and it has a way to do time lapse so much stuff so little energy & time

Cool!! do that!!!! Turn a tomato cage upside down!!

ae bkt ev steps means the camera takes three different exposures in succession, and the images are merged. Giving a better photo in some poor light situations.
ahh ok weird my camera has a whole button and menu dedicated to various slide show type features but not that feature thanks toker! :thumb: :rocker:
Cool!! do that!!!! Turn a tomato cage upside down!!
cleaver idea mr buck i shall see what i can do, this camera has so many bells n whistles im always finding new stuff, i cant believe its just a bridge cam! :rocker:

OK Bfam, thanks for the permission to post us all some 1000 watt H.I.D. benchmark pics. This gives us a point of reference when it comes to us wondering if were getting the same results or more or less.
Ok so the first pics are of my "Cookies"
DSCN91492.JPG
DSCN91451.JPG
DSCN91472.JPG

The next are of my OG Kush which was a free promo Reserva Privada fem seed.
DSCN91501.JPG
DSCN91512.JPG

both strains were grown in a 4' by 4' tray under a grander (1000 watt) HPS Hortilux Super HPS 3rd run.
The OG gave 32+ zips dried and cured. cookies was slightly less just like yours.
thanks again bfam,
look what I'm buying sWeetP when her card comes in next week
12459.JPG

so last night i was reading an article about lighting, and putting ego and pretty much everything except the healthiest of plants and the goal being the best quality & quantity, not being able to stand in a circle to declare i did this with _________!!
the article described how some growers use a mixture of lights from ho t5,hps,led,mh,cfl,etc.etc. to get the best possible coverage and widest spectrums,power & penetration,quality & yeild! im very much considering/planning to try this method on the next run, if i can manage the heat, i think i might run a 600hps at 300watts a mh at 200watts,and surround the garden with the led's i figure that using all i have at my disposal could very well give me the best quality and yeild i have ever had and i wont have to run the hid light any higher than 50% so it wont run my bill up,i have a possible 3500watts i could flower with if i used all on high, any thought on this gang?

I think sidelighting is always a good idea regardless of the type of canopy lighting that is employed. This also provides a way to mix up the types and spectrums of light. When I pull the trigger on LED, I still plan on having sidelighting, for example UVB CFLs, and use it when necessary for heat generation as well during the colder stretches of winter.

so last night i was reading an article about lighting, and putting ego and pretty much everything except the healthiest of plants and the goal being the best quality & quantity, not being able to stand in a circle to declare i did this with _________!!
the article described how some growers use a mixture of lights from ho t5,hps,led,mh,cfl,etc.etc. to get the best possible coverage and widest spectrums,power & penetration,quality & yeild! im very much considering/planning to try this method on the next run, if i can manage the heat, i think i might run a 600hps at 300watts a mh at 200watts,and surround the garden with the led's i figure that using all i have at my disposal could very well give me the best quality and yeild i have ever had and i wont have to run the hid light any higher than 50% so it wont run my bill up,i have a possible 3500watts i could flower with if i used all on high, any thought on this gang?

I have all different types to play with as well. I'm trying to get away from HID lighting and invest time into seeing what the LED lights can do. Sometimes it's fun just to change things up.

I think sidelighting is always a good idea regardless of the type of canopy lighting that is employed. This also provides a way to mix up the types and spectrums of light. When I pull the trigger on LED, I still plan on having sidelighting, for example UVB CFLs, and use it when necessary for heat generation as well during the colder stretches of winter.
, yeah i have had this idea before and have used t5&hps&mh together before but doing these testing journals im not totaly free to do whatever i want with the led's yet but when i get to a point where i can set up any and all my gear however i want im seeing a monster dank dense result from combining all the types of light i have,hps can bulk but does not produce the resin like led and mh so im seeing a setup with a big hps and a big led above mh on 2 sides and led on the opposite sides and with so many sources and the ability to adjust all of them except my smallest led i can keep the heat and consumption down
i think i will keep my t5 as the veg light since i really like it best for veg and thats what its designed and setup for with all 6500k tubes/bulbs, its going to be really interesting to see what happens...oh hurry and veg out blue dream clones!! lol

I have all different types to play with as well. I'm trying to get away from HID lighting and invest time into seeing what the LED lights can do. Sometimes it's fun just to change things up.
if you go back thru some of my past 7 journals you'll see im prone to (wild random flip the script change it all start over type behavior), im a Gemini and get bored with repetition if i think an idea is worth a look i have no qualms gutting my rooms and rebooting it all!! and with being so fortunate as to have so many options with my old and new lights im having a hard time not making a multi light o rama tent of total light overkill right now! lol

I've had similar thoughts, but am very happy with my LED right now.

The plants seem to be growing fast, and the temperature control is much better.

If I do try adding back in my HPS lights it won't happen until outdoor temps drop again.

So for right now I'm happy to be saving some money on electricity.

And summertime growing is looking like it's going to be a much more positive experience.

I've had similar thoughts, but am very happy with my LED right now.

The plants seem to be growing fast, and the temperature control is much better.

If I do try adding back in my HPS lights it won't happen until outdoor temps drop again.

So for right now I'm happy to be saving some money on electricity.

And summertime growing is looking like it's going to be a much more positive experience.
i feel that homie!! but this summer i have an a/c unit i can dedicate to flower hope it works...i was a donation fingers crossed :headbanger:

Yeah I got a window AC unit in my room that can cool a room three times it's size.

I'm just really wanting to see how well the LED can do on it's own.

Both in grow, and $$ savings.

Something tells me that would be an epic journal an the fact your buds remain some of the next I've seen I'd say it would be your dankest buds yet!

Yeah I got a window AC unit in my room that can cool a room three times it's size.

I'm just really wanting to see how well the LED can do on it's own.

Both in grow, and $$ savings.
yeah i have seen my power bill drop by almost half after i went led in all spaces ,but this room is large has up to 4 tents going plus a clone station so at one point i was running 2 600 watt and 1 400watt hid's ,a 325watt t5 and various wattage cfl's 4-6 circular fans, 3 exhaust fans ,various pumps,filters, etc. etc. its also is where my main pc / sound studio is , lots of heat sources and last year the a/c took a big dump & i had no cash to replace it, thus the bulk of summer was far to warm for human comfort and barely tollerable for the girls during the day during lights out! it averaged 83f-95f i was brewing co2 in 2 liter bottles everywhere lol smelled like a nonstop bakery fueled beer fart!
im quite excited to have led and a/c this year, tomorrow i'll be cleaning the old ac unit and testing it we were told it worked i just hope a smallest window unit size will be enough to keep it at 76f-80f when its hitting 105f :bitingnails: :bitingnails:

I do this now in the winter for heat. I chuck a 400 watt HPS with warm mag ballast in the room to heat with light... I like the result of the Budmaster better by far so I will go back to all LED in the summer. I don't want to run 60-100 bucks a month higher either so I will try to get away with as little watts to get the job done. Besides I added for heat... when you add HPS or even CFL you add a lot of heat that now needs to be removed

--edit

For side lighting I bend them...

Looking good Big "I" Dude, my question I'm asking is what is the electricity cost per day LED vs HID thanks.

Back
Top Bottom