B.I.D.'s Mysterious 8.0 Featuring? Come See If You Dare!

:lot-o-toke:Hey BigIrishDoode, I have about two months to decide my set up, can you tell me what an equal size led compared to a 1000w HPS would be (cost wise) in 12/12, thanks and good luck BID

hi 60cal i would say the 684 should perform at least as well as a 1k hps however i dont want to get ahead of myself or make unfounded claims, i have not yet run 1 full cycle with either of the i-gro lights im testing in about 8-9 weeks i will be much more comfortable answering your question with some degree of certainty ,now so far im happy with what they are doing the girls in veg have gotten big in the past 7-10 days the upcoming update should be pretty impressive compared to the last and they look super happy and glossy, the weather has warmed and the growth rate has gone wild, leave are huge and nearly flawless im on week 4 almost 5 of veg with the 342 and general organics generously given by danky david @ i-gro led & jj bones @ perfect gardens.com both sponsors here at 420mag
the 684 led is about 2k on the i-gro site w/15% off if you use my discount code located in my sig, the build quality of the i-gro led is very solid and made to last the light is very intense brighter to my eyes than a 1k hps and my flower space is brighter than ever the actual draw varies with how you have the controller set but the max is 570watts and much cooler than hid lighting im only running my exhaust at half the speed & half the hours so thats another bonus it sounds like your timeline will be good to see my result with the 342 the 684 will be a while after just starting veg now so stay tuned:rocker:

hi gang!! its update time, been quiet in here for a while but the meds must go on!! many things have changed and much has been done the ladies(i hope) in veg are doing great! getting big! flip will be soon ,im going to flower under both i-gro lamps to give them the best possible chance to pull off a great yield, we already know how they veg i still prefer my t5 over any led for veg its my preference, and i need a dedicated veg space i cant have more than one big flower area..
there has been some drama surrounding the sponsor of the lights ,staff has resolved it,and i will be finishing my promise to test and journal the product, thats all i have to say on the subject. if you want to know more you can ask staff but i have no idea if you will be told what happened and honestly it does not matter imho this is about the lights and nothing more to me, i will test and report to you my unbiased opinion , i dislike drama and controversy so im done talking about that part of it,hopefully the rough and rocky start of this journal will be forgotten and we can all focus on the growing and have a happy rest of the journal.

now for the good stuff! pictures!!
heres the humble begining of the blue dream run up next. im not going to do a new journal since there will be my normal setup with one veg one flower and 1 clone/mother area
DSCF23712.JPG
DSCF23692.JPG
DSCF23683.JPG
DSCF23812.JPG
DSCF23801.JPG
DSCF2382.JPG
DSCF23832.JPG
DSCF23842.JPG
DSCF23852.JPG
DSCF23862.JPG
DSCF23873.JPG
DSCF23882.JPG
DSCF23892.JPG
DSCF23791.JPG
ok so the clones were in the aero a bit to long with no food and look a little rough but i expect most will make it a couple will croak, the ppm reading was a bit high and a bit to acidic so i added tap to get it to 500ppm and 5.9 ph
the nutes im using are from a former sponsor and i cant say their name not that i want to anyway but they work good and its all i have that i can use in hydro...woah!! i'm doing hydro!!! wish me luck i may need it!! lol:rofl:
the coco im using is new and will have some azomite and epsoma garden lime added to address the cal mag requirement for the coco,same nutes run to waste and t&j tea for a living hydro medium
i expanded almost a full block of coco minus enough to fill 2 1 gal smartpots,it took 8 gal of water and its still a bit dry and will need about 1-2 gal water but i'll make it bennie tea and nutes, this is the first brand i have tried that did not need at least a little rinsing after adding tap water with a ppm of 150 it tested 75ppm after and i taste the wet coco (yukk) but my taste buds dont lie and im a spitter lol sorry ladies that was lewd im a bad man lol
heres the coco expanding process took 1 hour to fully absorb the cold water and filled a 55 gal roughneck trashcan a little less than half full...

DSCF22882.JPG
DSCF22893.JPG
DSCF22804.JPG
DSCF22823.JPG

DSCF22903.JPG
DSCF22924.JPG
DSCF22943.JPG
xnext is the vegging plants they are at 4 1/2 weeks from seed here , the sour diesel#2 re-veg is popping new leaves and will need another month veg time before she can flower i will take clones an do some fem seeds then flower her im excited because revegged plants yeild huge due to the massive root system they have grown in their long lives hmmm maybe i will see if i can reveg a second time after this second flowering we will see how she is then...i love hos sd2 i only started with 1 fem seed!!
DSCF23383.JPG
DSCF23391.JPG
DSCF23401.JPG
DSCF23411.JPG
DSCF23452.JPG
DSCF23482.JPG
DSCF23433.JPG
DSCF23441.JPG
DSCF23473.JPG
DSCF23462.JPG
DSCF23422.JPG
rnow for some pre-chop pics of the mega frosty bubba og i have high hopes for this cut in future runs i dont think i have seen her best due to her not being adjusted to my enviroment and being freaked out from the changing of light schedules i use glr most of the time and she is used to 18/6 so i flowered her before she had evened out, i wont flower her again till she has stopped throwing funky leaves she is starting to make normal leaves (huge too)
ok here she is

DSCF23672.JPG
DSCF23654.JPG
DSCF23615.JPG
DSCF23603.JPG
DSCF23582.JPG
DSCF23572.JPG
DSCF23563.JPG
nd her clone i will make a mother when the time is right

DSCF23752.JPG
DSCF23734.JPG
DSCF23771.JPG
k thats all i have for the moment i took a few hundred snaps in the last week or so and i was crosseyed after editing 60 or so,more pics of the recen 3 i harvy'd (urkle,bog,gscp3)
enjoy much love to all my 420 fam be back with lots of pics soon!!

:rocker::thumb::420::circle-of-love::peace::Namaste::Namaste:

Sweet update! Is that bucket thing and ebb n flow or do they just grow like that? are they gonna stay in that?

edit--

Those are some kick ass close ups!!!

Sweet update! Is that bucket thing and ebb n flow or do they just grow like that? are they gonna stay in that?

edit--

Those are some kick ass close ups!!!
geez thank you buck im trying to get good at picture taking but its nothing compared to you! that is my jandre style ebb n flow they will stay there till they die or finish,if it works well for me i might keep it going for a while hopefully i dont get the brown slime again.i can tie them down easy in that and some will prob die i know the smartpots & coco will do great that is my oldest successful method i use. :rocker:

Hey Big Dude (paraphrased), awesome grow. First off, what do you think the cost difference would be between HID & LED? Also, I liked your accent in KJC.:lot-o-toke:

geez thank you buck im trying to get good at picture taking but its nothing compared to you! that is my jandre style ebb n flow they will stay there till they die or finish,if it works well for me i might keep it going for a while hopefully i dont get the brown slime again.i can tie them down easy in that and some will prob die i know the smartpots & coco will do great that is my oldest successful method i use. :rocker:

No problem the pics are awesome!

I am too unpredictable for hydro. I would never be able to get through to the end unless it was completely automated. What fun is that? or should I say, I would loose 1/2 the benefit of cannabis because for me growing is a huge benefit in its own right.

No problem the pics are awesome!

I am too unpredictable for hydro. I would never be able to get through to the end unless it was completely automated. What fun is that? or should I say, I would loose 1/2 the benefit of cannabis because for me growing is a huge benefit in its own right.
yeah i just have this undying need to be accomplished at using hydro lol not that i would even use it regularly but i want to be able to build a system and use it proficiently should the need arise i am very much into organics ,high brix and eco friendly methods but i want to feel like a complete grow guru someday and that means at least to me that i can succeed in any type of method,i have come so close to full success with past hydro attempts but the dreaded pith/slime/sludge always seems to find its way in this time im trying a living bio active method vs sterile, the latter has failed imho everytime! :rocker:

Hi BID,
I still have and some of the forbidden nutes too. I tried Dutch Masters and found solids in the bottom. So no more of that. Trying Cyco now...
Too bad things turned out like they did for "C". His nutes were cheap !

Hey Big Dude (paraphrased), awesome grow. First off, what do you think the cost difference would be between HID & LED? Also, I liked your accent in KJC.:lot-o-toke:
hey 60cal good 2 c u!!
um what part of cost there's the initial setup, long term aspects and support equipment, maintenance costs, the medicinal value at harvest there's alot to consider,in my exp its all positive except the initial cost of led but if you get the right led's that investment pays for itself pretty quickly, i have had a predominately positive exp with led , im far from done or settled in with what i like or will use permanently. im sure i will have to do many more tests and side by sides, data analysis etc. before i'm able to say look everybody this or that is my recommended setup.
if you had more specific questions feel free to let em fly :rocker::high-five:

Hi BID,
I still have and some of the forbidden nutes too. I tried Dutch Masters and found solids in the bottom. So no more of that. Trying Cyco now...
Too bad things turned out like they did for "C". His nutes were cheap !
im liking the gen organics and for simple stuff that looks like MG but seems to be better the d&g growology system is doable i really like the "1" in the 1,2,3 lineup
the banned nutes are good but sponsors should always read and follow the rules to the letter we hold them to a higher standard of class & ethics and as such should be exemplary in their behaviors and dealings, IMHO..
my favorite way to grow/feed is high brix the final result is light years ahead of simple synthetic nute systems living media is the way to go, lol as i start a synth run here.. but im using microbes and broad spectrum mineral supplements.:high-five::thumb:

Very impressive Photo Shoot BID. And what do you mean you're trying to improve on your picture taking? I don't see much room for improvement.

HEY BID!!!! Amazing update!! Man you must have been busy do do all that! I like how you took a photo of the coco mix ratios and stats, really makes me want to try it after I'm done with my pro mix bale. I have to say your plants look absolutely stunning and healthy, beautiful waxy "plastic" leaves and trichome covered nugs!! Love the update!!! Great photos!

HEY BID!!!! Amazing update!! Man you must have been busy do do all that! I like how you took a photo of the coco mix ratios and stats, really makes me want to try it after I'm done with my pro mix bale. I have to say your plants look absolutely stunning and healthy, beautiful waxy "plastic" leaves and trichome covered nugs!! Love the update!!! Great photos!
thanks ice i think the girls love the gen org go box that has really waxed up the ladies lol i love they way they look in the coco packed with minerals and they really picked up in the last 2 weeks, i think if you do coco you will like it and im sure you can come up with a recipe with all the stuff you have for soil, i like the increased growth rate vs soil thanks for stopping by ice, seems i have a lot less visitors these days, i have alot more pics i want to post im putting something into flower soon i just dont know what i need to take clones first,
and that means cleaning out the cloner (sigh) its a never ending process doing perpetual lol hmm imagine that what a concept hehe
well thank again for swinging by ice ttys :rocker:

Great Pics BID I was about to say it looked like jandre setup lol
Looking Great BID great pics as usual

edit

I just came back from jandres journal your tubs like 2 times the depth
just an observation

So your up :cheesygrinsmiley: ... well at least it is better on the back....

I got a TT in the ground :cheesygrinsmiley:

By the way you take awesome images. You have a power tool of macro too with that cam but you need a sensor to match your skills and your images will literally come to life.

Back
Top Bottom