Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021

So this morning (24 hours after a 15 hour soak), 2/5 seeds (the two at the top) have the TEENIEST bit of a tail showing. For now, everyone’s going to stay all nestled in their paper towel beds to dream visions of bud sites to dance in their heads (well, at least until we have decent tails , and then into the rapid rooters they will go!).

04494C9A-7484-4D9F-81E8-4DB88985C5A3.jpeg

Meanwhile we’re dealing with a hellacious nor easter; lost about 15 boards from our pier so far, dealing with 4’ waves inside the pier, and everything coming THROUGH the pier!

Tails! Nice! That's some high water!
Yeah - its really ugly, been quite a bit of damage here along the edge of our Bay to everyone on both sides of us in either direction (and us too).

Normally the water level is only from like the 4th piling (high tide) out to the 7th or 8th (low tide - though sometimes when its SUPER low, we have no water under ANY of our pier)

Hmmm … almost 48 hors now on the towels and the top left seed does not show much growth of the tail and the top right one looks like it drew back on top of itself; no change on the other 3. Paper towels are wet, not drenched or dripping and its about 78F and 62% RH between the towels and plates.

Duds or give it more time?

968A3A27-DA9C-4938-A97B-8FD7514D9EAC.jpeg

Hmmm … almost 48 hors now on the towels and the top left seed does not show much growth of the tail and the top right one looks like it drew back on top of itself; no change on the other 3. Paper towels are wet, not drenched or dripping and its about 78F and 62% RH between the towels and plates.

Duds or give it more time?

968A3A27-DA9C-4938-A97B-8FD7514D9EAC.jpeg
Give them up to 72 hours see what happens....don't give up yet

Give them up to 72 hours see what happens....don't give up yet
Ugh - “waiting is the hardest part” (thanks for that insight Tom Petty).

I am the worst when it comes to patience!

Not duds yet! :love: Interesting the tails retracted though huh? Everybody's different and I've been trying different tail lengths. After they crack I've put them right in soil with good luck. I'm trying a quarter inch tail lately. I think that's the one for me if possible. Anything over a half inch makes me feel like I could injure it easily on planting.

Ugh - “waiting is the hardest part” (thanks for that insight Tom Petty).

I am the worst when it comes to patience!
Girl you better find some growing this weed!!!! You best get to looking everywhere you can, pick up some rocks look under them, go for a swim in the ocean, see if God comes to you like he did to Lieutenant Dan :rofl:

Girl you better find some growing this weed!!!! You best get to looking everywhere you can, pick up some rocks look under them, go for a swim in the ocean, see if God comes to you like he did to Lieutenant Dan :rofl:
I know, I know - and I will. I think the seeds/seedling stage is actually the hardest part for me because I’m worries that something will go wrong. Once they’re a bit bigger, I’m not as much of a helicopter parent *lol*

My hubby is actually worse about it and keeps egging me - “just plant them damnit”

I give mine 5 days then call it, sometimes 7. I have had a few pull back then burst others close and don't re-emerge. Just keep them moist and watch them closely. I too have slap my hand at times... and Mary Jane is barking at the plants again :rofl:

So there wasnt much change still this morning
C04E355F-41B7-47E9-B6B3-E8D058EF59EA.jpeg

But, I went ahead and dropped them in the soaked rapid rooters anyway … two more looked they may be starting to open but not sure so they got put in rapid rooters too and covered with just a few crumbles of loose rapid rooter material. Those four are in the green house so we’ll see. I did go ahead and put my last 5 Double Grape seeds on a paper towel inside a baggie this time and its sharing the heating mat (covered of course) with the green house.

8599949A-5C9D-4756-BAB2-ACB84F188144.jpeg

Oh, and just placed my order for those two @Mars Hydro TS600’s (god what a sweet win)! I cant wait til they come in! I’m soooo excited!

Well, since my sweet win covered the WHOLE price on those two lights (not just $100!), I decided to spend the money I was going to have to put towards them on some new seeds just in case these ones don't go anywhere. I ordered Lemon Haze autos from @Expert Seedbank and will be getting the Mimosa Lemon autos for free.

Anyone have any experience with this seed bank?

Well, since my sweet win covered the WHOLE price on those two lights (not just $100!), I decided to spend the money I was going to have to put towards them on some new seeds just in case these ones don't go anywhere. I ordered Lemon Haze autos from @Expert Seedbank and will be getting the Mimosa Lemon autos for free.

Anyone have any experience with this seed bank?
Hello CJsbaby,I've not tried @Expert Seedbank but i'm here to watch your progress and pick up some pointers.
Keep up the good work and thank you

Hello CJsbaby,I've not tried @Expert Seedbank but i'm here to watch your progress and pick up some pointers.
Keep up the good work and thank you
Lol - no need to thank me … i don’t even have a plant to show yet! ;)

Haven't tried any seed banks yet my self. LOL Have some I won from KillaBeez on the way though. IMO It is always good to have a few spare just in case. Crossing my fingers for yeah on the new starts! :goodluck:
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom