Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021

Nice start to your journal :thumb: I'll drop in from time to time to see how it's going :passitleft:

Santana is great, but let's make it Jameson whiskey please :snowboating:
Glad to have you along for the ride! I’m sure it’ll be an interesting one!

We considered an RO filter, but went ahead and spent $2k last year on a 3-stage whole home filter (got rid of orange shower, sinks, etc and dropped our ppm from 750 to a MUCH improved 200 ppm).

i use a portable RO filter. it just hooks up to the tap. takes my crappy municipal water from 350ppm down to between 7 - 10. bit of a pain to run sometimes but works well.

i use a portable RO filter. it just hooks up to the tap. takes my crappy municipal water from 350ppm down to between 7 - 10. bit of a pain to run sometimes but works well.
Yeah, I was looking at those - but for $400-$500 (which I just dont have right now), I’d rather invest in a better light. And that is something I hope I can squeeze some $$ for early next year. The problem is finding one that fits the footprint of my tent (that and I know pretty much nothing when it comes to lights - except that I am really not keen on the blurple, but its what I got and it got me through my last grow so it will have to suffice for now).

Yeah, I was looking at those - but for $400-$500 (which I just dont have right now), I’d rather invest in a better light. And that is something I hope I can squeeze some $$ for early next year. The problem is finding one that fits the footprint of my tent (that and I know pretty much nothing when it comes to lights - except that I am really not keen on the blurple, but its what I got and it got me through my last grow so it will have to suffice for now).

look in to RO buddy if you wind up needing to go that way. they run less than half that price. i run a hydrologic which is a touch better but still well under that dollar figure, closer to half. i did get a deal on the hydrologic.

if you consider an RO unit make sure you only buy one with a replaceable RO membrane. some come as a proprietary sealed unit, making replacement expensive. the filters in my hydrologic can all be replaced with generic copies, greatly reducing the cost to run.

Your intro was more detailed than both of my journals combined. Nice job!

I’ve always used well water starting ppm around 200. Never an issue.
Thank you :) I wanted to make sure I documented everything I could from the start so I’d have it in one place to look back to for quick reference. Hope to see ya around and watch my grow!

What PGA said ! I had been doing the five stage drinking water ro systems . Then BobBrown told us about a 4 stage hydroponic ro system works great . Check it here . Great start

And heeeeeere we go! My mini greenhouse got here today so I started soaking some rapid rooters in 1/2 strength seedling nutes, and dropped 5 Double Grape seeds in some water for the next 12-18 hours! Tomorrow evening, whichever ones have sunk are going into warm damp paper towels! *keeping fingers crossed*.

E2260D4D-D31A-4FD1-94EF-CB63CC21768B.jpeg

Nice! Here we go! :tommy:

So don't discount the floating seeds. Give em a touch at the end of the day and they may sink for you. 99% of them sink for me but it may take time. Lately I've taken to soaking for no more than 24 hours, sink or not, then paper towels until small tails come.
Thanks Stone :) - and yup … “that thar is de plan!”

Seeds all dropped this morning after just the barest touch and they’re on the thoroughly dampened paper towels, on a plate, covered with another plate, on a heating mat, and covered with a small towel.

Hubby said, “Just stick the damned things in dirt! I don’t understand - Why does this have to be so complicated?”

*sighs* He just doesn’t understand that I’m trying to be methodical about this whole thing this time around in hopes of preventing the problems I encountered during my first grow.

DC87CB49-8259-4621-B268-DBE10632106F.jpeg

Nice! Nope! We can't just stick em in dirt! Besides, it's too much fun pampering them a little.
All children need love and pampering to help them grow into healthy individuals! And some discipline when needed (LST in the case of these daughters ;))

Inviting all, but specially those who have given me such a warm welcome here:
@MochaBud @StoneOtter @Cola Monster @Tokin Roll @bluter @charliewaffles @Bill284 @Rexer @Krissi1982 @sneekymofo @LKABudMan @Dr Fish (Sorry if I missed anyone!)

I know this is probably longer than anyone wants to read, but here goes:

About my gear:
  • Tent: Vivosun 36”x20”x62” mylar tent
  • Light: MaxBloom CREE 400w X4 COB 12-band full spectrum with UV & IR (24-0 light schedule)
  • Exhaust: Vivosun 203 CFM 4" Inline Duct Fan with 4" x 14” Vivosun carbon filter
  • Intake: Passive
  • Wrexat Seed Trays Seedling Starter Tray
  • Simple Deluxe 6"x8" 8W Reptile Heating Pad
  • General Hydroponics HGC728040 Dual Diaphragm Air Pump 320 GPH 4 Outlet (running 24-7 and kept outside of tent)
  • (2) 5-gallon DWC buckets
    • 8” netpot lids each
    • 6” drip ring each
    • (2) 4” air-stones each
    • Clay hydroton
  • Blue Labs PH and EC pens
  • Govee Bluetooth Digital Hygrometer
  • Jiusion 40x to 1000x Magnification Endoscope and Jiusion Wireless WiFi Box
  • Warm steam vaporizer to add humidity (when needed)
  • (2) 6” fans for additional air circulation
  • Distilled Water (using this because I have well water which isn't the best)
  • Low-stress training (planned) using Plant Benders
NUTRIENTS
  • Mr. Mucha Stache cal/mag
  • Botanicare CNS17 Grow
  • Botanicare CNS17 Ripe
  • Botanicare Hydroguard
  • +Life
STRAIN FOR THIS GROW:
  • Mephisto Genetics Double Grape Fem Auto
  • # of Plants? Will pop (hopefully) 6 seeds but only the 2 best seedlings will go into the buckets
Strain info from Mephisto Genetics website
  • Genetic Heritage - Sour Stomper x Grape Crinkle
  • Size - 55 - 80 cm
  • Structure - Average Medium height but bushy
  • Indica/Sativa - 60/40
  • Cycle Time - 65 to 70 days from sprout
  • Average Yield - 90 to 140 grams from a single plant
  • Cannabinoids - 21.78% THC from a random flower tested by Canna, Independent tests have seen as high as 27.53% total cannabinoids.
The next post here will be when my seeds have popped and I will try to keep up with a daily post:Namaste:

The following are notes that I went back and pulled from my last grow. These are only my notes for quick reference and are not intended to be instructions for anyone else (but feel free to use if you wish)

PRE-GERMINATION

• Distill 1 gallon of water; verify that EC and PPM are at 0, and record PH. The following is seedling strength for nutes according to Botanicare.
  • Add 2ml of Cal/mag; should read:
    • EC: .2
    • PPM: 110
    • PH: 5.4
  • Add 7ml of CNS17 Grow; should read:
    • EC: .9
    • PPM: 430
    • PH: 5.5
  • Add 3ml Hydroguard and 1/16 tsp+life; EC, PPM and PH should still be the same.
  • Check in 24 hours to verify all stayed the same; adjust PH back down to 5.5 if necessary (only a drop or so needed!)
  • If all stays good, dilute that down 50% and use that strength to pre-soak rapid rooters in and use for watering seeds once they have popped
GERMINATION
  • Place seeds in warm water for 12 hours – seeds that sink are viable
  • Start soaking Rapid Rooters in seedling strength feeding solution
  • Lay paper towel in container with a lid, thoroughly dampen (not soak) the paper towel
  • Lay seeds on paper towel
  • Lay another paper towel on top and thoroughly dampen (not soak) the paper towel
  • Put lid on container and put container on heat mat at 78°
  • Check every 12 hours until sprouted with a decent tail
SPROUTED SEEDS
  • Split open a Rapid Rooter
  • Using tweezers, take seed from germination medium and lay in the Rapid Rooter, root down and seed near surface
  • Carefully close Rapid Rooter and put in greenhouse
  • Repeat for all sprouted seeds
  • Add greenhouse lid (close vent) and set on 80° heating mat under grow lights 36” from seedlings on 100% veg
  • Feeding Week 1:
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 7ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
  • Keep Rapid Rooters moist, but not soaked
Once plants are up from the rooter and have some height, pull the humidity dome off and turn on the little mini fans in the tent for air circulation and to start strengthening the stems.

PPM FEEDING LEVELS
  • Seedlings (5 nodes or less) – 100 to 350
  • Early Veg Stage – 350 to 450
  • Full Veg Stage – 450 to 700
  • Early Bloom Stage – 750 to 950
  • Ripening Stage – 1000 to 1600
PH up and PPM down = plant feeding
PH and PPM stays as water level drops = sweet spot
PH down and PPM up = plant isn’t feeding

SEEDLING
  • Lights 24” from seedlings 50% veg
  • 70-80% humidity; 70-80°
  • Hand-water seedlings in tray until they have 2-3 nodes
  • When seedlings have 2-3 nodes and decent roots, place the rapid rooters into hydroton, turn drip ring on 15 minutes 3x/day until roots come through netpot
  • Feeding Week 1:
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 7 m/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
VEGETATIVE STAGE
  • Lights 36” from plants 100% veg and 10% increase in bloom each week
  • Veg state: Lower RH 5% each week until 40-50% RH; 70-80° by day; 63-70° by night
  • Water should be slightly up netpot if roots are not through hydroton
  • Water should be just below netpot to no more than 1” below bottom of netpot when roots are through hydroton
  • Hydro PH should be between 5.5 and 6.4
  • Add straight PHd water (5.5) during week (no nutes)
  • At reservoir change (once/week) take mason jar of res water, add pinch +Life, pour back through hydroton
  • Snip off bad leaves to prevent plant wasting energy
  • Hotter tent temps may require dropping PPM
General feeding Guidelines
  • CNS17 Grow (50ppm/ml) 7ml/gallon (starting at 350ppm) until plants start to flower
  • Feeding Week 1
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 17ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
  • Feeding Week 2
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 19ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
  • Feeding Week 3
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 20 ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
FLOWERING STAGE
  • When pistils form, make note of date and move lights to about 14” from canopy
  • Flower state: 40-50% humidity 65-75° by day; 63-65° by night
  • 2 weeks before harvest drop RH to 30%
  • CNS17 Grow + CNS17 Ripe (50/50% mix) during first week of flower
  • CNS17 Grow + CNS17 Ripe (25/75% mix) during second week of flower; remove bottom 3rd of plant (all bud sites and leaves)
  • CNS17 Ripe (100%) week 3 until 1 week before harvest
  • Water should be ½ way down during last week of flower
  • Only PH’d water during last week of flower until harvest

Drying: 50% humidity 70°

Curing: 65% humidity 70°

Used General Hydroponics food partially in last grow
  • 3-part GH mixing for seedlings: 2:winkyface:2ml/gallon Micro, Bloom, Grow
  • Lucas GH mix: 2ml:4ml/gallon Micro, Bloom
Hello Cjsbabygirl,some nice notes there off your first go.
Keep up the good work

Back
Top Bottom