Back For Some Indoor & Outdoor Adventures!

Hey y’all update 4/27

Outdoor season is getting real close! After looking at my local forecast and the absolute lack of room in my tent I’ve decided they are getting planted outside this upcoming weekend (with supplemental lighting of course). I see temps in the upper 70’s to low 80’s during the day and upper 50’s at night.

I will do a longer update when I put them in the ground with my selections for the 6 I plan to grow outside this summer. It will be 2 - honey banana, 2 - koda kush, 2 - trainwreck (clones). I’ve started introducing them to natural light on Monday. First 2 hours of shade , then 2 hours of direct sun the next day. They are currently sitting in the sun now and I am hoping they can last till sunset tonight with no issues.
530CBDAA-4398-44CD-B8C7-B68A574C17A3.jpeg

I also filled up my (6) 45 gallon grow bags with 12 big bags of FFOF. For anyone interested I keep track of everything I spend growing these plants to see what it cost me. Then I figure out how much it cost me to grow each ounce after harvest. It doesn’t matter too much to me it’s just something I just like to know.
6D17039B-770F-4177-8753-B59A99830CA9.jpeg
Is that the final "spot" for them my friend. :Namaste:
Bags that big will grow big ladies, they might be a little crowded.
Did you add anything to the soil ?
Did you cook it ?
I'd be really interested in your total $$ at the end of the season. :thanks:
I've got about $300 into it so far this year.
Then I managed to scrounge up some supplies for free and won some.
So my total cost will be reduced somewhat.
Get this thought, what did you pay for that soil ?
$75.00 a bag plus 13% tax that's $84.75 out the door :eek:
Or bozos same price plus delivery.
So grocery store soil supplement at $10.00 a bag.
I just couldn't do it.
I have 200 liters of soil I mixed last summer, thankfully still cooking. :love:
Big tubs I moved from the old house , that was fun.:rofl:
Hope everything goes well, I can't wait to see.:cheer:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Is that the final spot for themnmy friend. :Namaste:
Bags that big will grow big ladies, they might be a little crowded.
Did you add anything to the soil ?
Did you cook it ?
I'd be really interested in your total $$ at the end of the season. :thanks:
I've got about $300 into it so far this year.
Then I managed to scrounge up some supplies for free and won some.
So my total cost will be reduced somewhat.
Get this thought, what did you pay for that soil ?
$75.00 a bag plus 13% tax that's $84.75 out the door :eek:
Or bozos same price plus delivery.
So grocery store soil supplement at $10.00 a bag.
I just couldn't do it.
I have 200 liters of soil I mixed last summer, thankfully still cooking. :love:
Big tubs I moved from the old house , that was fun.:rofl:
Hope everything goes well, I can't wait to see.:cheer:

Bill
Yea 45 gal is the final pot size. They also sit on old soil so they can grow through them. I did nothing to the soil. Poured it straight out of the bag into the pots. I will reuse it next year though and would love info on how you doctor up your soil.

I’m hoping for big ladies :)

I pay $25 for the big bag at my local hydro store. So I’m $300 in for the soil. About another $150 in nutrients/supplies so far.

Those bags are just that close together until June 20th or so. I have to give them extra lighting at night because they where in my tent under 18/6 and they will for sure flower if I don’t. Makes it easier to get light on all of them that way.

I can hardly wait to see how this plays out! I'm still suffering from growus interruptus from the summer of 2020. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Uh yeah!

I love the four handles because they know two people have to lift them. :)
i can hardly wait myself. I’m excited to see what these ladies can do. I know Shed I am sorry about the 2020 season. I still try to forget.

The four handles is what sold me on those bags. I think these are perfect size for what I need ;)

Yea 45 gal is the final pot size. They also sit on old soil so they can grow through them. I did nothing to the soil. Poured it straight out of the bag into the pots. I will reuse it next year though and would love info on how you doctor up your soil.

I’m hoping for big ladies :)

I pay $25 for the big bag at my local hydro store. So I’m $300 in for the soil. About another $150 in nutrients/supplies so far.

Those bags are just that close together until June 20th or so. I have to give them extra lighting at night because they where in my tent under 18/6 and they will for sure flower if I don’t. Makes it easier to get light on all of them that way.
I am not the right person to ask about soil.
Coco is my thing.
But I kinda put about outside in soil
Im very rural so no selection and high cost ment I couldn't get what I wanted.
I got some compost , worm castings, minerals for ph, fox farm granular flower nutrients, Bokashi, insect frass, soils alive, geoflora veg nutrients, chicken shit , DYNOMYCO and probably a couple other things I can't remember. :rofl:
Microbes and Fungi are very important to the roots.
But by no means is this a recipe.
I bought as much soil and extras as I could afford.
There are tons of good stuff I'm missing.
I'll drop the thread soon it has pics of everything.
@InTheShed I'm sure has a real recipe for soil on speed dial.
Maby he will drop it here for us.
Thanks Shed :ciao:

Bill

Hey 209! :hmmmm:
Count me in! I wanted to come, click that 'watch' button and say hi. I'll be back in a few to get caught up. Blessings 209!
That was back in late January that I said that. Kept my promise and I'm back...3+ months later...:ciao::laugh:
-I’ll be starting my seeds indoors in my 4x4 tent with the intention of putting them outdoors mid may
That's where I'm at too! About to do some final transplanting soon.
I found out during my last grow journal that I suffer from a condition called cannabis hyperemesis syndrome. A condition that makes me very ill when using/consuming cannabis (total buzzkill and a bummer I know).
Well that sucks! How about non-activated edibles or cbd flower?
These babies have a long road ahead of them. October is a long ways away!
Right?! I'm so excited for the outdoor season. Glad you're growing again.
Outdoor season is getting real close!
It's here!!!

Where (generally speaking) are you in CA? Curious about your weather. I've had clones and seedlings outside for a few weeks now.

Hey there everyone hope you are all doing well. Here’s an update 3/21 guess it’s been a while oops ;). Updates should come for frequently now I promise.

The ladies have been outside now for about 3 weeks. The may temp fluctuations have been pretty weird. The first week I put them outside was perfect. Temps low 80’s during day and around 55 at night. The following week was in the mid 60’s during the day and now the past 7 days have been 92+ lol. Luckily I think they have fully transitioned to being outside and have just about doubled in size.
CA395CAF-AD95-4D07-B14A-4C4CE3BB6C14.jpeg
DA7F0E36-55EA-48FD-8F49-95CAE868EFAC.jpeg
0128321B-DC80-4F4B-B7F2-880BA6980788.jpeg
CCFEFA28-D9BE-439C-8BDA-0C433D9E9AB9.jpeg

Tallest ones are just above 30” tall and are starting to reach the cages around the outside of the pots I’ve put up for support. They are probably going to get topped again this weekend, then maybe one more time first of June. I still have my lights on running from 8:15-12:00 am. I will probably just keep it on until they reach a good size so even if they start to flower after I turn them off it will be okay. As you can see I had an accident with one of my plants. My kids kicked a soccer ball over my little fence snapping the main stem on one of my honey banana’s. Luckily I took some clones a couple weeks ago so I can replace it. Only other issue I have seen so far is the trainwreck clones have a little bit of heat stress. A few leaves have curled upwards (nothing too bad I don’t think) I will try to provide some shade in the upcoming days during the hottest part of the days since we have some 98-100 degree days in the 14 day forcast. None of the other plants seem to be bothered by it so far. Anyways I also started to spread them out again with some garden wire to hopefully bush out some more in the next couple weeks. Trying to get as many tops as I can while trying to control some height since they still have like 4-5 months lol.

Back
Top Bottom