Bagseed Beginnings

boardburner7

Hey all I am new to the forums but have been highly intrigued for the last few weeks. I've really enjoyed the grow stories and everyone has some great advice. But thats all a little off topic. I have been buying alot of middies lately cuz thats all that seems can make it past the popo and ive been gathering my stems and seeds for a rainy day. Well that rainy day came about a week ago and for shits and giggles a put about 7 bag seeds of varying sizes and colors in a pot just to see if they would do anything. They have and I now know i wanna see this experiment through to the end. Heres a couple pictures of the babies.

eb0b40dbd1.jpg

They were both planted at the same time but there is an obvious 2 inch
difference between the plants.

b03f8ef59f.jpg

Now these are only a week old and have been getting straight sunlight on my deck. No fancy growlights and all organic soil. Im thinking of getting some lights and have a perfect closet for it.

749376c7e3.jpg

Hope you guys like the pics. Any advice you have would be great. Im a newbie to the umpteenth degree.:grinjoint:

Your plants are fine...Except for the streching. Either raise the level of dirt higher, or use a stick or a tothpick to support the main stem.

And please upload all your photos through our gallery.
If you need help with the gallery, please check out the tutorial on how to post photos
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Hey thanks for the input. I went ahead and seperated the kids this afternoon. I set them inside under a UVB 26w chameleon lamp its not hot and i figured for the time being it will work alright. Here are some new pics. Man its so cool watchin the changes day to day.

full

full

full

Thanx for the advice Stoner. Went to my local garden store and picked up a cfl and reflecting hood and the kids seem to love it already. :)

hey all its been a month or so and everything is going great. "She" is about a foot and a half tall. Bigger everyday. Ill post pics soon ive moved her into flowering time tables so I should see more action daily :). Oh and been working on a little LST experiment which is working phenomenally. Alot of growth between the leaves and main stem. She looks like a balloon being tied down haha, just constantly goin up any way.:smokin:

Some of you may have been anticipating this, others may be seein it for the first time. But here are some pics. Im deducing from past research its probably a sativa. I have lights very close around it w/ high lumens but it likes to stretch up to em and move on past. Im looking for a fertilizer to pick up for her. Not sure what kind tho. Any suggestions? i wanna get something from home depot and lowes garden center maybe. I am open to everyones input. Now for your feature presentation:

GROOOOVY
Starring "Mary" :ganjamon:

groovy_013.jpg

groovy_012.jpg

groovy_009.jpg

groovy_008.jpg

groovy_005.jpg

groovy_004.jpg

Enjoy :smokin: And hopin to hear some advice, criticsm, or bravos from all you vets out there. This is my first grow.

Ok, so i just read a few minutes after posting about topping. What do you guys think? It fits w/ my original plan to go bushy. Is she ready? any anyone out there willing to look at the pics and point out where to slice? Thanks guys!

Ok, so i just read a few minutes after posting about topping. What do you guys think? It fits w/ my original plan to go bushy. Is she ready? any anyone out there willing to look at the pics and point out where to slice? Thanks guys!

I top my plants when they are no smaller than 14 inches. They will bush out like crazy after a week, due to the plant getting over it's shock, and it works well.

don't go too crazy with topping like I did my first time. I basically chopped the whole plant, lol

Where do ya think i should cut? She's about a foot and a half. And shes still all tied down could topping stress her too much? Shes responded great so far, like 6 new branches.

a foot and a half? sweet. I have a 5ft plant currently, LOL

I'd top it on the top node on the top of the plant.

Everything is looking awesome. Topped it today and also saw her first hairs. A friend of mine gave an old fluroescent fixture that i had to rewire. Just put that in w/ some 2600 lumen bulbs, 40watts a pop. Shes liked it so far we shall see in the next few days. So no suggestions on ferts out there?

There seems to be huge respect here for Fox Farm Nutrients, which I have recently adopted (as wallet allowed) and have had good result with. they sell a 3 pack, which is about $50 shipped from the interweb, and probably about the same price at your grow shop (if you're lucky enough to have one)
For vegging, the primary one you need is Grow Big.
Big bloom and Tiger bloom are the other 2.
yeah

hey thatnks for the suggestions man. Im off to the beach for the weekend for work. Launchin a fireworks show. So im putting my girl in charge. Hopefully when i get back "mary" is still alive haha.

So im back from the beach...........guess what? Shes as hairy as a boston fishermen! im in love man we got white hairs and crystals everywere. I cropped the top and the two main colas are forming. Im so excited :) So what do u guys think? continue the LST? or should i untie her?

Back
Top Bottom