CascadianDank's Redemption

Congrats Canna, I got a chuckle when I read that you went and bought a new TV and computer after Harvest. I plan on doing something similar.:) Its good to reward yourself after the 3-4 months of work, and it is work. Good work that we all enjoy, but still work.:ciao:

The TV and Comp were something wve neeed for a while and that was all the wifes idea to go get them the other day. I was actually surprised by it. My reward was the new seeds :) which could be here by the end of the week

NO bother at all I just wish I could help you more with your issues but I dont know anything about LED lights and the only reason I bought mine was because I lived in an RV and theres was no way I could have kept temps in check from an HID light. I chose the LED because they were a sponsor and I figured to be a sponsor here you had to be a legit company with good Customer Service and a great product. I was disappointed honestly. I dont blame 420 in any way nor do I mean any disrespect but I feel they should do a better job lookin into their prospective sponsors, especially when it comes to a product with such a high price tag. I guess I just figured them being a sponsor was a kind of security blanket and I didnt need to fear being screwed over because of it since we are encouraged to promote sponsors and all.

Totally agree!
I will be tuned keep the good work!

awesome big screen you got!

SOOO its been a few days and still not finished with the harvest. I had to re tile a bathroom which turned into more work than planned and took up a large portion of 2 days with multiple trips to the store for plumbing fixtures which I normally dont have anything to do with.

The comp showed up a week early somehow but that was a good surprise and I spent half a day setting it up and transferring bookmarks and what not and I set up my first home network with 2 PCs and a laptop which is pretty cool.

Yesterday it rained and we trim outside due to mites and not wanting them inside but we did chop buds from the stalks of the BD2 and the 2 purps. They werent quite dry yet but I dont know if they wiil completely being in a room outside with no insulation so the temps are low at night and the rain brings moisture. So I cut em and put em in paper bags in the clset to dry better and this morning they are lookin great. I may jar tonight.

Today would have been the 3rd Bday of my Rottie in my profile pic. He had heart failure at 1 year 10 days old and I celebrate his life each year with a special Homebrew I came up with in the style of what I was drinking the day he died. That Pic was taken on his first Bday 10 days earlier. He was waiting for his T-Bone I was holding at the time I took the Pic. We waited a year for a new puppy from the breeder who honored their 1 year guarantee and we ended up with my boys litter sisters only male pup from her first litter. He is 14 months now and has been in a couple of the pics in this journal. Sooo Today most likely wont see any trimmin or choppin either as this is a 3 to 4 hour process and then theres the set up and clean up too.

On a positive note I do have some Pics from a couple days ago when we chopped GSC2 and BD1 and they are still hanging.

Wet Weight on the GSC was 1lb 0.7 OZs
DSCF8434.JPG
DSCF8435.JPG
DSCF8436.JPG
DSCF8437.JPG

Wet Weight for BD1 was 1lb 8.2 OZs
DSCF8430.JPG
DSCF84311.JPG
DSCF8433.JPG
DSCF8438.JPG
DSCF8439.JPG
DSCF84321.JPG

I wish I knew what that purp that is supposed to be Paranormal really is cuz that shit is GRRRREAT!!

I decided Im not gonna enter her in the PotM contest cuz she looks rough and I didnt get great pics. The top cola had rot in it so I had to rip half of it off and all those Yellow and Brown spotted leaves turn me off so Ill wait til next month and enter a plant that is currently blowin my mind. Shes got a couple weeks to go still so when shes finished Ill be doin a photo shoot of her and getting good photos.

Forgot to post the after pics of the buds hangin. Didnt do any after wash bud pics this time cuz it had been a long day and I just wanted to be done for the night.
DSCF8440.JPG
DSCF8441.JPG

DSCF8442.JPG

Heres a couple close ups I tried to get right before I went in for the night.
DSCF84431.JPG
DSCF84451.JPG
DSCF84461.JPG

2 scissor hash balls this time. The smaller one was what I wa smokin on for about 6 hrs before this pic.
DSCF84471.JPG

Heres some indoor pics I took the day before we chopped the above outdoor girls. These were on the 9th so 27 days from flip which was 6 days from defol
DSCF84031.JPG
DSCF8404.JPG
DSCF8405.JPG
DSCF84061.JPG
DSCF84072.JPG
DSCF84081.JPG
DSCF84091.JPG
DSCF84101.JPG

OK so thats it for today. I was just lookin back to make sure I hadnt posted these indoor pics yet and realized BD2 looks AWESOME so Im off to enter her this month.

2 scissor hash balls this time. The smaller one was what I wa smokin on for about 6 hrs before this pic.
[/img]

It took you 6 hours to smoke that one hitter ball of hash? :bong: :rofl:

edit -- I am jesting

damn those plants are looking incredible! no more sledgehammer lol

No sledghammer here I just use water to flush

It took you 6 hours to smoke that one hitter ball of hash? :bong: :rofl:

edit -- I am jesting

I know I know Im a lightweight. I stay baked all dabut it only takes a couple hits to get me there. The wife and I usually smoke 1 cigg sized joint per day between the 2 of us. I actually like it that way cuz I was buying for the last year but now I have plenty so maybe its time to work on that tolerance :cheesygrinsmiley:

OK I got some weights from 4 plants.

Unknown Purp (Paranormal?)--- 1 OZ

Unknown Purp (Tangerine Dream?)--- 1 OZ

Green Crck --- 5 OZs

Blue Dream 2--- 3.7 OZs

GSC2 and Blue Dream1 are still hanging and we are gonna chop GSC1 and Maui today

That leaves the SourD, 2 Purple Crck? and 1 more BD that arent quite finished yet another week I think will do it for them

EDIT*** All the buds I posted weights for were put in jars on the 13th

No sledghammer here I just use water to flush

I know I know Im a lightweight. I stay baked all dabut it only takes a couple hits to get me there. The wife and I usually smoke 1 cigg sized joint per day between the 2 of us. I actually like it that way cuz I was buying for the last year but now I have plenty so maybe its time to work on that tolerance :cheesygrinsmiley:

:cheesygrinsmiley: My tolerance is so high it would cost me a fortune if I had to go to a dispensary, I could never afford it.

Just made a seed order from CASTLE SEEDS 3 Fem Tahoe OGs and 4 Reg KABOOMs cant wait to pop these beans. Below is a copy/paste from Castle Seeds site about each strain

Tahoe OG x SFV OG Kush F5
This is my journey to show the world what Tahoe OG Kush is said to be one of the strongest hitting strongest tasting cannabis around. Now available in seed form.
I took my SFV OG Kush F5 male and hit the Tahoe clone. So far every seed that has been grown is pure Lemon kerosene skunk funk to the max. Let them go to 70 days flower and watch out, yields will be solid with good training.
Type: 60/40 Sativa/Indica
Flowering time: 70 days
Yield: 300+ grams/m2

Kaboom
Seed Bank: TGA Subcool
Jacks Cleaner x Vortex
Every since our experiments with Apollo-13 and Jacks Cleaner BX I have wanted to go back to the start and make this hybrid correctly. Not by reversing sex of one of the female parents but creating a true breeding hybrid to select a male from. With the creation of Vortex we had a new Apollo-13 Dominant line to cross to the F1 Jacks Cleaner Mom. The results are a perfect mix of the best traits of both parent strains.Large towering colas dripped in resin almost appear glass coated but carry an additional fruity semi rotting smell my Brothers Grimm hybrids are know for. Look for variation to lean towards both parents resulting in a nice mix to choose a mother plant that please your personal likes and dislikes.
Phenotypes: Medium variation in harvest times and Sativa influence.
Height: Very Tall
Yield: Very Heavy but all in last weeks
Type: Indoor and Outdoor
Harvest Window: 60-75 days
Sativa/Indica: 85/15
Hybrid: 1985 SSSC NL#5 X Pluton X Purple Haze X NL#5 X Jack Herer X Apollo-13 X Space Queen
High: Speedy, trippy, intense, paranoid , motivating, pain relief
Taste: Lemon berry, hash, tart, sour, skunky lemons, pineapple, HAZE

These strains sound awesome. I like how detailed they are about genetics and phenos too :)
Thanks Shotta. I try to be as thorough as I can and explain what Im doing in hopes that future 420 subscribers can learn from my mistakes and from the things I actually get right. I have only been growing 4 years now and the first 3 were in Hempys with GH 3 part so I consider myself a newb still and Im tryin to learn as I go. Things can only get better as I learn more from people like yourself and the others who have helped me along the way

Your journal is one of the most honest and informative I have seen. Keep up the solid work, and thank you for putting so much work into each post. It is a real pleasure to watch and learn here. +reps. I can't wait to try the bud wash!! Your harvest looks positively mouth watering my friend.
:bravo:

TGA strains are killer, I have a pack of the vortex that I am waiting to pop.. probably in another 3-4 grows haha, I want to be able to grow these things out right. Looks like some nice numbers Cascadian, great grow budd :)

These strains sound awesome. I like how detailed they are about genetics and phenos too :)

Your journal is one of the most honest and informative I have seen. Keep up the solid work, and thank you for putting so much work into each post. It is a real pleasure to watch and learn here. +reps. I can't wait to try the bud wash!! Your harvest looks positively mouth watering my friend.
:bravo:

Thanks Rain I appreciate the compliment and Im glad I could help in some way. I have been smokin on a couple strains and Im lovin the Organic Outdoor it truly is mouth watering

TGA strains are killer, I have a pack of the vortex that I am waiting to pop.. probably in another 3-4 grows haha, I want to be able to grow these things out right. Looks like some nice numbers Cascadian, great grow budd :)

Thanks CA

Ive read that and that is the reason we checked TGA out. I wanted the Tahoe because we are collectors of things from places weve been and we got married in Tahoe so why not have an ass kickin strain from there as a souvenir. The wife chose the Kaboom from the pic and description.

The seeds are here, I got them 3 or 4 days ago, but Im waiting for an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to arrive so I can make seeds of the strains I have going now before I start them.

I uploaded these pics a few days ago and never posted them it is the last one hangin to dry

Sour D
DSCF86622.JPG
DSCF8663.JPG
DSCF86652.JPG
DSCF86661.JPG
DSCF8672.JPG
DSCF86751.JPG

11.2 OZs wet weight on her. Shes been hangin for 4 days now so a couple more then into Paper Bags for 2 days to finish drying. Thats how Ive been doing it because they dont seem to wanna dry in the cold temps outside in my room.

I should be jarring and getting final weights on the Maui and the GSC1 tonight

BD1 was 3.75 OZs so both BDs yielded within a few grams of each other which surprises me cuz BD1 was much bigger but at harvest time I could feel the difference in nug density and BD2 had the better buds.

EDIT*** I think the SourD coulda went longer but weve been dippin into the 30s over night and I didnt wanna chance losing her to freeze

That fat little plant looks like good company to burn one by :cheesygrinsmiley: ... very nice

Thank You Buck and Shotta.

I forgot to mention that is my first Super Soil grown plant. It was also the plant that I had forgotten about in the shot glass of water as a seed and later found a 2 to 3 inch tap root growing in the dark over the rim of the shot glass. I planted it anyway and it was soon after buried by a dump truck load of top soil I had brought in to sod my back yard. I honestly cant believe it made it to harvest but she did and shes a beauty.

Back
Top Bottom