CascadianDank's Redemption

That is a sweet lineup. I have no idea why it took me 14 pages to get here... now you might never see me again :cheesygrinsmiley: but I hope to stop in again. I read your post about macro shots. I had several Fujifilm cams over the years. I wrote this about the S9100 but you can adapt it to your camera

". I use "macro" not "super macro" because it allows you to zoom the lens and really isolate your subject keeping it out of the lens shadow. I shoot in manual and set the f stop as low as I can which helps to narrow the depth of field giving the most background blur I can get out of it. I do use a tripod if possible but frequently just chase around bugs hand held. I don't use a macro light or flash (ring light/flash) but I have seen many great results from folks that do. I also don't have lenses for additional magnification but they are out there and mount like a filter and can be stacked. Just remember the more you magnify the thinner your DOF becomes."

I hope this helps... you are right they need lots of light so the more the better

Thanks for stoppin by Buck. I wont be too upset if ya dont make it back but I know where to find you and now that youve been here Ill come by and remind you when I post more pics :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the info on the Cam. Ill mess with it today and see what I can do. Mine is an S2950 set on SR AUTO pretty much all the time. I use the Macro setting too and as far as I know I dont have a Super Macro setting. I dont have a tripod, wish I did, so I think thats part of why I cant get anything but blur when I zoom in.

I think thats part of why I cant get anything but blur when I zoom in.

These cameras do not instantly take the image, to help... backup till the camera will auto focus then halfway depress the shutter to focus then steady and press the rest of the way to take the shot...

OK Cascadian, I'm caught up-to-date & here for the duration.

Yesterday I went and got a new 60X Currency Detecting Microscope with LED. Its Freakin Sweeeeeet.
DSCF83121.JPG

The one Ive been using was 100X and it was hard to focus and see anything. with the new one I can see that harvest is very near. Last night we trimmed up the Green Crck and it will sit in the dark for a couple days before chopping and drying. I think the Blue Dream will be ready by then also.

Before Trim
DSCF82941.JPG
DSCF82951.JPG

After Trim. Any guesses on dry weight??
DSCF83001.JPG
DSCF83011.JPG

I also did a 21 day trim and defol on the Indoor Blue Dreams.
This is a couple side by sides of before and after,
DSCF83021.JPG
DSCF83031.JPG

After shots of the tent. I didnt get befores cuz I started before the lights came on.
DSCF83041.JPG
DSCF83061.JPG
DSCF8308.JPG

These 2 are from this morning right after lights out.
DSCF8309.JPG
DSCF83101.JPG

These are pics of the veg tent on Sept 30th. The Bay 11 decided it didnt wanna live anymore for some reason. I thought it was hungery so I top dressed with Worm Castings and watered and it just got worse. The soil was pretty wet but I didnt think it was being over wateres and none of the other plants look bad and they all got the Worm Castings also.
DSCF8278.JPG
DSCF82791.JPG
DSCF82801.JPG
DSCF8281.JPG

These were yesterday before I yanked it
DSCF8291.JPG
DSCF8292.JPG

OK thats all for today Ill have more Harvest Pics as they happen

EDIT*** The Magnifyer was 20 bucks at the local grow store i anyone is interested and I forgot to mention the stickyness of that Green Crk it was nuts. Ive been smokin a ball of Scissor Hash the size of a BB since last night

Same scope I bought. Have you stuck the mag rings to your phone yet? Makes for very easy trich photos from your phone. That's where my 420 profile photo came from.

I have not tried that but I will next time Im takng photos.

Great pics Cas! I picked up one of those LED magnifiers too, they are SWEET. Mine is only 40x but it works just fine.
Guess on dry weight......20lbs! LOL

20 LBs?? shit I wish but Im thinkin more in the Ozs range lol Im hopin 6 to 8 OZs myself but I dont know really. 7 Gal SmartPots and it was roughly 3 feet tall by 3ft wide. Buds were not huge by any means but are a decent size just more popcorn that I expected in the lower sections and towards the inner parts which could have been different if I trimmed better before flowering started.

I was hoping for 1LB+ from each of the plants in 7Gal SmartPots but I dont think I hit that. My Outdoor spot could use more direct sunlight for one and I didnt feed for a couple weeks.Next year will be going to 10 or 15 Gal SmartPots and probably only 6 plants total out there so its less crowded.

There was a few spots on a couple different plants including the Green Crk that had Bud Rot which I took the whole bud that was rotted off rather than cutting out the rot and I found some Powdery Mildew on a couple of the SourD leaves which I took off

same scope I got! I also have a real 10x loupe which is nice to use sometimes

plants look so good dude. I want plant like this! what happened to that one? lol

same scope I got! I also have a real 10x loupe which is nice to use sometimes

plants look so good dude. I want plant like this! what happened to that one? lol

Thanks b.real.

I dont know what happened to it it just started to wilt and look like it was yellowing so I top dressed with Woorm Poop and it died. I didnt think I had over watered i but when I top dressed it was still wet but I wanted to feed it. Before the top dressing I only watered when the pot was light the same as I do with all the plants and none of the others have any issues as you can see. I figured it needed food because its been in the Roots soil around 2 months which is longer than all of the other vegging plants.

That was the Male Bay11 I was just keepin around for future breeding attempts so not a real big deal since I never got to try any Bay11 and dont know when I will have room to try any breeding at this point but it does suck that I lost the strain completely now but I can order more seeds and maybe get a female seed next time.

Just made a seed order from CASTLE SEEDS 3 Fem Tahoe OGs and 4 Reg KABOOMs cant wait to pop these beans. Below is a copy/paste from Castle Seeds site about each strain

Tahoe OG x SFV OG Kush F5
This is my journey to show the world what Tahoe OG Kush is said to be one of the strongest hitting strongest tasting cannabis around. Now available in seed form.
I took my SFV OG Kush F5 male and hit the Tahoe clone. So far every seed that has been grown is pure Lemon kerosene skunk funk to the max. Let them go to 70 days flower and watch out, yields will be solid with good training.
Type: 60/40 Sativa/Indica
Flowering time: 70 days
Yield: 300+ grams/m2

Kaboom
Seed Bank: TGA Subcool
Jacks Cleaner x Vortex
Every since our experiments with Apollo-13 and Jacks Cleaner BX I have wanted to go back to the start and make this hybrid correctly. Not by reversing sex of one of the female parents but creating a true breeding hybrid to select a male from. With the creation of Vortex we had a new Apollo-13 Dominant line to cross to the F1 Jacks Cleaner Mom. The results are a perfect mix of the best traits of both parent strains.Large towering colas dripped in resin almost appear glass coated but carry an additional fruity semi rotting smell my Brothers Grimm hybrids are know for. Look for variation to lean towards both parents resulting in a nice mix to choose a mother plant that please your personal likes and dislikes.
Phenotypes: Medium variation in harvest times and Sativa influence.
Height: Very Tall
Yield: Very Heavy but all in last weeks
Type: Indoor and Outdoor
Harvest Window: 60-75 days
Sativa/Indica: 85/15
Hybrid: 1985 SSSC NL#5 X Pluton X Purple Haze X NL#5 X Jack Herer X Apollo-13 X Space Queen
High: Speedy, trippy, intense, paranoid , motivating, pain relief
Taste: Lemon berry, hash, tart, sour, skunky lemons, pineapple, HAZE

When I was a teenager Thia Stick & Chunky Black were real popular in NYC. Are these strains still around & if so which dealer carries these beans?

That kaboom looks great. anything tga has worked is awesome and with vortex in it. it is sure to be a winner

I figured since Im using Super Soil now I should try some TGA genetics and thats the one my wife wanted to try.

When I was a teenager Thia Stick & Chunky Black were real popular in NYC. Are these strains still around & if so which dealer carries these beans?

I have no idea Reg. I would say just check out the 420 sponsors and do a search on their sites
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

Everything looking great, all caught up again. I wanna try that Kaboom, sounds very nice. Good luck with them and the Tahoe.
:ciao:

Thanks Stealth. Im lookin forward to growing and trying both strains.

I will probably start a new journal once these seeds arrive and I finish harvesting the Outdoor so I hope to see everyone there. I will keep this one going thru harvest though so stay tuned

Last night I harvested the Green Crck after sitting in the dark for 3 days. I was actually kinda surprised that 3 days without light didnt seem to bother the plant a bit and it was still standing tall.

I bought some hooks and 50 ft of clothes line with 50 clothes pins for hanging the buds. I hung 2 lines roughly 15 ft each in my 18X9 room that was gonna be a flower room but for now its a drying room. I just hope they dry right now that the temps are dropping into the low 40s to upper 30s over night. I do have a 6 inch Hurricane sucking air thru the room. My main concern is bud rot since I have already been cutting buds off the branches that were rotted on multiple plants.

I washed this whole plant and will continue to do so with all my plants now that Ive tried it. The washing process is easy but I soaked the floor all around me so I suggest doing this outside or somewhere that a wet floor wont be a problem which was my case.

My wash consisted of 5 buckets with the first bucket being a Peroxide wash because I had mites, thrips, powdery mildew and bud rot effecting one if not all of my outdoor ladies and I wanted to make sure to clean up any of those things that might be present after the trim. After the Peroxide was a plain water rinse followed by a wash of 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup baking soda in 5 gals of water and 2 plain water rinses following that. One the washing was done I shook all the water off that would shake off then hung the branch on the line to dry.

BUD WASHING is a technique started by Doc Bud that I read about in a couple of different journals here on 420 Magazine including Shottafire's current Journal which is where I was convinced to try it. There will be naysayers who disagree with the dipping of bud into water but to them I say try it with just one branch and see for yourself. Im convinced and I havent even smoked any of the washed buds yet. Just the smell of the bud coming out of the Peroxide wash was like pulling a skunk from the bucket and after the final rinse bucket I was left with bright green buds that stank like skunk more than they did before the wash. I used 5 buckets and all 5 had shit floating and sinking in them which you can see in the following pics. I think especially so for outdoor plants this is a great idea because who knows what has attached itself to your buds.

Heres a few pics I took.

These are befores
DSCF83272.JPG
DSCF83281.JPG

And the afters. Thats about 6 to 8 ft of line on each side filled with buds
DSCF83291.JPG
DSCF83302.JPG

The wash buckets after washing 1 plant
DSCF83312.JPG
DSCF83322.JPG
DSCF83332.JPG
DSCF83341.JPG

I left this much of the plant to see if I can get some seeds out of it from leaving it out past harvest time which I believe it was DonPaulP who suggested that in another journal somewhere. I will be doing so with all the outdoor plants
DSCF8335.JPG

Fan exhausting the room
DSCF83363.JPG

OK so thats all I got today. I will be harvesting more plants in the next few days. I think its still early for the Maui and the GSC but Im gonna harvest the Blue Dreams and the 2 little purps next. I wanted to reveg the 2 purps and keep the strains around but the lower parts that I was gonna leave are covered in mite eggs so screw that theyre gone and now I have 2 new strains comin that Im absolutely giddy over and cant wait to pop those beans.

EDIT*** BUD WASH:
Bucket 1: 1 cup 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, Water
Bucket 2: Water
Bucket 3: 1/4 cup Lemon Juice, 1/2 cup Baking Soda, Water
Buckets 4 & 5: Water

Last night I harvested the Green Crck after sitting in the dark for 3 days. I was actually kinda surprised that 3 days without light didnt seem to bother the plant a bit and it was still standing tall.

I bought some hooks and 50 ft of clothes line with 50 clothes pins for hanging the buds. I hung 2 lines roughly 15 ft each in my 18X9 room that was gonna be a flower room but for now its a drying room. I just hope they dry right now that the temps are dropping into the low 40s to upper 30s over night. I do have a 6 inch Hurricane sucking air thru the room. My main concern is bud rot since I have already been cutting buds off the branches that were rotted on multiple plants.

I washed this whole plant and will continue to do so with all my plants now that Ive tried it. The washing process is easy but I soaked the floor all around me so I suggest doing this outside or somewhere that a wet floor wont be a problem which was my case.

My wash consisted of 5 buckets with the first bucket being a Peroxide wash because I had mites, thrips, powdery mildew and bud rot effecting one if not all of my outdoor ladies and I wanted to make sure to clean up any of those things that might be present after the trim. After the Peroxide was a plain water rinse followed by a wash of 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup baking soda in 5 gals of water and 2 plain water rinses following that. One the washing was done I shook all the water off that would shake off then hung the branch on the line to dry.

BUD WASHING is a technique started by Doc Bud that I read about in a couple of different journals here on 420 Magazine including Shottafire's current Journal which is where I was convinced to try it. There will be naysayers who disagree with the dipping of bud into water but to them I say try it with just one branch and see for yourself. Im convinced and I havent even smoked any of the washed buds yet. Just the smell of the bud coming out of the Peroxide wash was like pulling a skunk from the bucket and after the final rinse bucket I was left with bright green buds that stank like skunk more than they did before the wash. I used 5 buckets and all 5 had shit floating and sinking in them which you can see in the following pics. I think especially so for outdoor plants this is a great idea because who knows what has attached itself to your buds.

Heres a few pics I took.

These are befores
DSCF83272.JPG
DSCF83281.JPG

And the afters. Thats about 6 to 8 ft of line on each side filled with buds
DSCF83291.JPG
DSCF83302.JPG

The wash buckets after washing 1 plant
DSCF83312.JPG
DSCF83322.JPG
DSCF83332.JPG
DSCF83341.JPG

I left this much of the plant to see if I can get some seeds out of it from leaving it out past harvest time which I believe it was DonPaulP who suggested that in another journal somewhere. I will be doing so with all the outdoor plants
DSCF8335.JPG

Fan exhausting the room
DSCF83363.JPG

OK so thats all I got today. I will be harvesting more plants in the next few days. I think its still early for the Maui and the GSC but Im gonna harvest the Blue Dreams and the 2 little purps next. I wanted to reveg the 2 purps and keep the strains around but the lower parts that I was gonna leave are covered in mite eggs so screw that theyre gone and now I have 2 new strains comin that Im absolutely giddy over and cant wait to pop those beans.

EDIT*** BUD WASH:
Bucket 1: 1 cup 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, Water
Bucket 2: Water
Bucket 3: 1/4 cup Lemon Juice, 1/2 cup Baking Soda, Water
Buckets 4 & 5: Water

+REPS cascadian you are gonna be super happy with the finish on those washed nugs
and wow your posts are very informative and thorough. great job bro.

Back
Top Bottom