So, in my mind, this post...happening right now...was to be completed around 9am. Tops...10am. I have managed to move around at a snail's pace all day while enjoying making some meds. Wonderful positive vibes in the kitchen from the onset of the day. Some days, I find I barely have a moment to post what's on my mind. Well, maybe that's for a good reason. Because, something deep inside is telling me that I have a good philosophical point I need to make...but I'm too lit to remember what that point was.

I do know that it all started this morning with motivation! Enough of it to do something that I have wanted to get done for the past 3 years. A pain relief salve infused with cannabis. I know...doesn't seem like that difficult of a thing. Why wait 3 years?! I agree! Trust me...It is a major character flaw and working towards fixing that. Something I do a few times a year is make coconut oil infusions. This is the base for the pain salve recipe I will be working on later this evening.

My morning actually started last week and restarted yesterday afternoon. Yeah...just move on. It was part of the plan. So last night, I finished decarbing some cured flower harvested on 10/2/21 from Girl Scout Cookies #8 from my outdoor garden. It was from my 3rd harvest off that plant. In total, I processed 4 decarbed ounces in this batch of oil. I decarbed 2 oz a couple weeks ago. Yes. My plan was to do this 2 weeks ago.

Moving on...I used a little over 4 cups of unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil. I ran two batches of 2 oz dried material to 2 cups of oil.

I have been using the @MagicalButter machine I believe since around the time I became a member here. Anyway, I use my machine at 160°F and process the herb and oil with 1Tbs Sunflower Lecithin per cup of oil. I run my machine for a 4 hr total infusion.

I started it last night and let it rest the whole night until this morning. That was part of the plan. It would give the material ample time to settle and reduce the amount of the plant material was in the oil.

I scraped the sides away from the oil and into a jar. All material will be salvaged for long term infusion. More on that at a later date.
This was the first pass through the 190 micron filter. All this will be saved and scraped into a "waste" jar.

And now, the first of many passes through the 73 micron filter.
But first, let's try some of that first run in my coffee! Unknown amount and unknown strength of oil at this point.

And now, I run the oil back and forth through the 73 micron filter at least 4 or 5 times. Each time, scraping the material away from the filter and putting it in the waste jar.

I ended up with 400mL or 1¾ cups of infused oil.

I'm running another batch of oil with the "waste" from the first run and another 2oz of fresh decarbed flower. The process was the same. The oil infusion time says 1 hr on the MB machine. I have always infused longer. I am not saying that it is better. I just thought I should mention it.

I did an initial test on the oil and it was out of measuring range straight. I then diluted it 10:1 with MCT oil. Then it was too weak. So I added more oil to make it 5:1 ratio and I got back a reading of 3.3 mg/mL x 5 is estimated to be 15 mg/mL for my "concentrate" oil. I ran the test again at 2.5:1 and got a return of 4.4 mg/mL x 2.5 gets back an estimated 11 mg/ml for the concentrated oil.
9 mLs of concentrate oil to 30 mLs of MCT oil. This is for a sublingual micro dosage. This is the same ratio as before but larger volume and tested similarly at 5.3 mg/mL or x2.5 at 13.25 mg/mL for the concentrated oil.

These are estimated calculations using a tCheck device. I base my actual findings on personal trial and error. I knew my morning coffee experience was excellent and very affective at leaving me happy, relaxed, and mentally numb to pain. I could medicate with the concentrate or dilute it and make micro-dosages of various items.

So this was the start of my pain relieving salve. It all starts with a base and this is it. When I finish the salve and have pictures, I will post it here.

So, in my mind, this post...happening right now...was to be completed around 9am. Tops...10am. I have managed to move around at a snail's pace all day while enjoying making some meds. Wonderful positive vibes in the kitchen from the onset of the day. Some days, I find I barely have a moment to post what's on my mind. Well, maybe that's for a good reason. Because, something deep inside is telling me that I have a good philosophical point I need to make...but I'm too lit to remember what that point was.

I do know that it all started this morning with motivation! Enough of it to do something that I have wanted to get done for the past 3 years. A pain relief salve infused with cannabis. I know...doesn't seem like that difficult of a thing. Why wait 3 years?! I agree! Trust me...It is a major character flaw and working towards fixing that. Something I do a few times a year is make coconut oil infusions. This is the base for the pain salve recipe I will be working on later this evening.

My morning actually started last week and restarted yesterday afternoon. Yeah...just move on. It was part of the plan. So last night, I finished decarbing some cured flower harvested on 10/2/21 from Girl Scout Cookies #8 from my outdoor garden. It was from my 3rd harvest off that plant. In total, I processed 4 decarbed ounces in this batch of oil. I decarbed 2 oz a couple weeks ago. Yes. My plan was to do this 2 weeks ago.

Moving on...I used a little over 4 cups of unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil. I ran two batches of 2 oz dried material to 2 cups of oil.

I have been using the @MagicalButter machine I believe since around the time I became a member here. Anyway, I use my machine at 160°F and process the herb and oil with 1Tbs Sunflower Lecithin per cup of oil. I run my machine for a 4 hr total infusion.

I started it last night and let it rest the whole night until this morning. That was part of the plan. It would give the material ample time to settle and reduce the amount of the plant material was in the oil.

I scraped the sides away from the oil and into a jar. All material will be salvaged for long term infusion. More on that at a later date.
This was the first pass through the 190 micron filter. All this will be saved and scraped into a "waste" jar.

And now, the first of many passes through the 73 micron filter.
But first, let's try some of that first run in my coffee! Unknown amount and unknown strength of oil at this point.

And now, I run the oil back and forth through the 73 micron filter at least 4 or 5 times. Each time, scraping the material away from the filter and putting it in the waste jar.

I ended up with 400mL or 1¾ cups of infused oil.

I'm running another batch of oil with the "waste" from the first run and another 2oz of fresh decarbed flower. The process was the same. The oil infusion time says 1 hr on the MB machine. I have always infused longer. I am not saying that it is better. I just thought I should mention it.

I did an initial test on the oil and it was out of measuring range straight. I then diluted it 10:1 with MCT oil. Then it was too weak. So I added more oil to make it 5:1 ratio and I got back a reading of 3.3 mg/mL x 5 is estimated to be 15 mg/mL for my "concentrate" oil. I ran the test again at 2.5:1 and got a return of 4.4 mg/mL x 2.5 gets back an estimated 11 mg/ml for the concentrated oil.
9 mLs of concentrate oil to 30 mLs of MCT oil. This is for a sublingual micro dosage. This is the same ratio as before but larger volume and tested similarly at 5.3 mg/mL or x2.5 at 13.25 mg/mL for the concentrated oil.

These are estimated calculations using a tCheck device. I base my actual findings on personal trial and error. I knew my morning coffee experience was excellent and very affective at leaving me happy, relaxed, and mentally numb to pain. I could medicate with the concentrate or dilute it and make micro-dosages of various items.

So this was the start of my pain relieving salve. It all starts with a base and this is it. When I finish the salve and have pictures, I will post it here.
Wow Awesome explanation of your procces for your edible extraction procces! I was reading it as I was just about to take my nightly Canna Coconut Oil dose! :):Rasta:
16423006098092807436926984578062.jpg
16423008711533754502850610927935.jpg

About 5-15 millilitres Rocks my world to sleep All night long !

About 5-15 millilitres Rocks my world to sleep All night long !
That's some yummy looking oil! Do you use MCT oil? What kind of material/oil ratio are you using in your infusions?

If I did full strength of this batch at 15 mL, I would wake up a couple days later! Haaa haaa

That's some yummy looking oil! Do you use MCT oil? What kind of material/oil ratio are you using in your infusions?

If I did full strength of this batch at 15 mL, I would wake up a couple days later! Haaa haaa
No I haven't tried the MCT oil. But ironically enough it's right next to the Unrefined virgin coconut oil. On the same shelf in my grocery store.

Personally for my CCO. I shred the shit outta about 21-25 Grams of sugar leaf & popcorn buds. Then I Decarboxulate it in an oven in a glass tray, lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly, cover with tin foil to Seal all Terpenes in. So they don't evaporate. 39 minutes at 245 degrees farenheit. Let cool, so terp vapors fall back on flower.

Have a Quart jar ready. With heated Unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil. At around 160 degrees F. Place Decarbed bud Into jar of coconut oil, seal lid on. Then stew in another large pot of Hot water. As a double boil kinda thing.

Shake every half hour. Strain with cheesecloth and metal strainer. Into a container of choice. Personally I double Strain it though. :snowboating:

No I haven't tried the MCT oil. But ironically enough it's right next to the Unrefined virgin coconut oil. On the same shelf in my grocery store.

Personally for my CCO. I shred the shit outta about 21-25 Grams of sugar leaf & popcorn buds. Then I Decarboxulate it in an oven in a glass tray, lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly, cover with tin foil to Seal all Terpenes in. So they don't evaporate. 39 minutes at 245 degrees farenheit. Let cool, so terp vapors fall back on flower.

Have a Quart jar ready. With heated Unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil. At around 160 degrees F. Place Decarbed bud Into jar of coconut oil, seal lid on. Then stew in another large pot of Hot water. As a double boil kinda thing.

Shake every half hour. Strain with cheesecloth and metal strainer. Into a container of choice. Personally I double Strain it though. :snowboating:
So you're using just unrefined coconut oil?! How do you keep it runny like that? Or do you warm it before each use? Mine goes back to a solid state after it cools.

So you're using just unrefined coconut oil?! How do you keep it runny like that? Or do you warm it before each use? Mine goes back to a solid state after it cools.
Ahh Yes! Great Question. So it still melts at about the usual 73-75 degrees F. My house temps inside lately have been around 80 F lately. Just cause of the snow. Got a Pellet Stove running. But still when Infused it solidifies at normal 72-75 degrees for coconut oil. And it's like peanut butter, it will hold, and not go bad at room temperatures. But when temps are colder, I will thaw it in a Hot Tap Water bowl till melted.

Ahh Yes! Great Question. So it still melts at about the usual 73-75 degrees F. My house temps inside lately have been around 80 F lately. Just cause of the snow. Got a Pellet Stove running. But still when Infused it solidifies at normal 72-75 degrees for coconut oil. And it's like peanut butter, it will hold, and not go bad at room temperatures. But when temps are colder, I will thaw it in a Hot Tap Water bowl till melted.
I've made capsules with my oil before but I have to keep them in the fridge. Our house is rarely above 65° except during the summer because we have no A/C. Then it gets over 80 and all my oils get runny again.

I've made capsules with my oil before but I have to keep them in the fridge. Our house is rarely above 65° except during the summer because we have no A/C. Then it gets over 80 and all my oils get runny again.
I just straight up take it in Liquid Form. At 10-15 mL! Skip the brownie making procces.
Do use soy Lecithin in your Infusions?

Sweeeet!!! I really like JH. I'd like to get my hands on some old school JH genetics. The Rosetta Stone, growing 2 babies right now, is supposed to be a

I am coming off my call week and free as a bird...or high as a bird...or baked as a cake?! Anyway...I don't remember if you said you're growing them this season or not. I'll look back but it would be awesome to see your C99 growing alongside mine. You're a better grower than me so don't be setting the bar too damn high, huh?!

That's nice of you to say, Baked but I think I'm just a more organized grower than you are. If you would limit the things you try with your plants to just one or two, you'll probably have greater success. And, RESEARCH is also key. Read as much as you can about growing the strains you're growing so you know what to expect.

I was think about growing 2 C99 in my summer grow.

You have a tCheck??? Oh, man, I'm so jealous. I'd like a tCheck and a Nova FX but they're both so expensive especially since they're in US $ and since our dollar is only worth around 75 cents these days, buying from the US can be cost-prohibitive.

I think I'm just a more organized grower than you are.
Absolutely!
If you would limit the things you try with your plants to just one or two, you'll probably have greater success.
Agreed! I like to try new things that have worked for me with other plants. I'm doing that this year. Going back to basics and just slow my roll...make sense?
And, RESEARCH is also key. Read as much as you can about growing the strains you're growing so you kno
Yes. I agree. Last year, my focus was mainly on GSC. I was able to try multiple growing methods and get different results. That was great to see and learn. For example, this year and the mainly Brothers Grimm genetics I'm growing. They have good succinct info about how they prefer to grow each specific variety. That helps a lot.
You have a tCheck??? Oh, man, I'm so jealous. I'd like a tCheck and a Nova FX but they're both so expensive especially since they're in US $
Yeah, the tCheck is ok. I'm not completely sold on it. I do like having some sort of starting point with my infusions. It is limited though, very limited. I was an early investor so I have one of the first ones that got sent out. If they are much better and resolved their test tray calibration problems, then I may consider it if I were a serious buyer. Otherwise... meh...save your desire and money for something better.

I have the original Nova too. I decarb in that exclusively! It is without a doubt the more consistent way to decarb, that I have found. It is small though, so large batches can take a while. The Nova FX is likely another device I may get. I ALMOST bought their bundle during their 4/20 deals. It was tempting.

A quick Sunday morning update. Woke up with aches and pains as always...BUT...I had a very special goal to finish up today! My Cannabis Infused Pain Salve

I accidentally hit the 'post reply button early. Urgh...

The recipe I used is in the link above. For transparency, here it is also.
  • ~120 mL or 1/2 cup of infused cannabis coconut oil ( I used 1 oz decarbed material per 1 cup of coconut oil)
  • 1/8 cup of each: cocoa butter, shea butter, castor oil, sweet almond oil
  • 44 g of beeswax
  • 3.5 grams of DMSO
  • 0.5 mL of Vitamin E oil
  • 12.5 grams of menthol crystals
I used my Magical Butter machine at 170° and set for 8 hrs. I got up this morning and the mix had started to solidify. I went ahead and set it again at 170° and ran it for 1 hour to ensure that everything was mixed thoroughly before placing them in jars.

This is a goal I have actually had in mind to complete for well over 5...maybe 6 years. Sad but I feel so good that I finally got around to doing it. So far, I have used it a few times today and it feels great! I cannot say whether it helps with inflammation or pain yet but it is supposed to. I would have preferred to have some high CBD concentrate oil to mix but next time!

I have to head out so this post has to be cut short...any questions, please feel free to ask!

So the seedlings are looking great! The past couple days, I have put the dome on and off a couple times. I'll take it off in the morning to acclimate them to the lower humidity and the fan moving across them. They don't prefer the low flowering RH and start looking sad by the end of the day. Leaves will have a slight droopy look to them. Definitely not praying to the light when the dome is on. They no doubt prefer the higher RH in the 60-75% range.

Today, they were feeling light again but the foliage was looking very happy nonetheless. They got a drench on the 12th with a small topdress of GF. Friday evening, they needed a little more moisture to keep the top from getting too dry. I gave them just water, enough to soak the top and watered around the edge. Today, they got just water again but with the intent to drench to "runoff". I went fairly slow with my watering to ensure it was well saturated.

It is time to get the 1 gallon pots ready for transplant. I'm guessing they will be ready to go up by next weekend. They all seem to be growing at similar rates and vigor which is nice to see uniformity.

So the seedlings are looking great! The past couple days, I have put the dome on and off a couple times. I'll take it off in the morning to acclimate them to the lower humidity and the fan moving across them. They don't prefer the low flowering RH and start looking sad by the end of the day. Leaves will have a slight droopy look to them. Definitely not praying to the light when the dome is on. They no doubt prefer the higher RH in the 60-75% range.

Today, they were feeling light again but the foliage was looking very happy nonetheless. They got a drench on the 12th with a small topdress of GF. Friday evening, they needed a little more moisture to keep the top from getting too dry. I gave them just water, enough to soak the top and watered around the edge. Today, they got just water again but with the intent to drench to "runoff". I went fairly slow with my watering to ensure it was well saturated.

It is time to get the 1 gallon pots ready for transplant. I'm guessing they will be ready to go up by next weekend. They all seem to be growing at similar rates and vigor which is nice to see uniformity.

Nice! The youngsters are Looking good there Baked :thumb::peace:

Nice! The youngsters are Looking good there Baked :thumb::peace:
Thanks Zeph! Much appreciated. Doing my best to not leave them wanting for anything.
I’m late to the fun but I’m here now will play catch up lots of great info !!!!!
Hey Jack! Welcome amigo! Always a blessing to have you around. Thank you.

Hey dudes! FYI...dude implies ALL pronouns ok?! Please don't correct me! Correct yourself first. It's been a known thing for decades. Like...dude...how hard is it to just accept your a dude? Whether you got a peeter or not?!

These are the difficult life philosophical things happening in my brain.

On to Day 11 for the seedlings! They all got a good drench yesterday afternoon. I left the dome off the rest of the day and night. I wanted to see how they'd react to the RH which is half what they would prefer. They seem to be doing just fine at this point.

Did they get bigger?!?

Looking good, dude. No wilt - that means they have their feet under themselves. They’re off to the races now.
On your mark...get set...GOOOOO!!!
NIce work making the pain cream! Thanks for making it a tutorial!!

Perfect day 11!
Thanks Otter! I'll be trying it again and change it up. I'm glad that it can be a benefit to the site. Blessings.

Back
Top Bottom