Barney's Farm Blueberry Cheese, 600 Watt HPS, DWC, Rockwool

In your opinion what would be more stressful on a plant I honestly have no opinion as idk. Cutting instead of pinching and leaving extra stem or the plant getting a split that we have to tape and support? Idk if I ever seen a plant slow that much from either on this website when a strong healthy plant to begin with.

Sorry Hunter if I am asking needless questions on your journal it was just a topic I had wanted an opinion on for awhile and seen it had come up

Ive never had a split branch from breaking the top off like I do. Like Stltoed said, if that did actually happen as long as you catch it and dont make it worse and let it heal it would be stronger than it was I assume.

Ive never had a split branch from breaking the top off like I do. Like Stltoed said, if that did actually happen as long as you catch it and dont make it worse and let it heal it would be stronger than it was I assume.
Here's a main branch that lost another rather large branch a while ago. Pretty stressful I imagine.
This is the same branch almost finished in flower.

Roots are now everywhere! Have a nice bunch in the water and loving it. Seeing a change daily for sure. She seems to be loving the little higher MC dosage so far. At 600 ppm still and will hold that until I up it more.

1595509411790.png

Thanks guys!!

May have to give this Mega Crop a try. That plant looks great :morenutes:

Yea man for sure. I just bought the 2500 gram pack which is what around 5.5 pounds, and it was a little over $30 i believe. This pack will last me a bunch of grows for sure even mixing my 16 gallon res. Really cant beat the price for what it is. It really is so simple just mixing the one nutrient. I hope it performs well throughout the grow and with different strains. Hydro will really tell the performance because there is nothing but water and MC. I cant get over how stable to pH is on it. Slow rise for 2-3 days and then levels off. I think I mixed a total of 6-8ml's of ph down over the course of the 3 days, which is amazingly low. I will continue to test!!!! To cheap, to easy, not to.

GH definitely can't beat that price or the ease of it. We're almost out of bloom so once this grow finishes out, MC will be strongly considered for the next. Cant wait to see this one to the end :popcorn:

Came back from a 4 day trip and everything is still doing good! pH is completely stable. Havent added anything in almost a week to adjust pH. All undergrowth has shot out since the topping. All the new growth is a little lighter green than I like but it may be just because its all new. Will keep an eye on it and up the MC if I have to. 2nd picture shows the lighter green and the two new tops! Roots are all over the tote now. Will update the soil girls later today!

pH: 5.7
ppm: 600

1595861501293.png

You can see the two new tops. Should start taking off now!

1595861606798.png

ROOTS!

1595861702326.png

Right on man! :yahoo: Gotta love a bunch of new growth after being away. Sometimes it just feels like watching paint dry.

Glad you were able to get away for a few days and nothing crazy happened in there. Our next grow is going to be recirculating for that very reason. If we left now, the tank would be dry in 2 days tops o_O

Right on man! :yahoo: Gotta love a bunch of new growth after being away. Sometimes it just feels like watching paint dry.

Glad you were able to get away for a few days and nothing crazy happened in there. Our next grow is going to be recirculating for that very reason. If we left now, the tank would be dry in 2 days tops o_O

Yea i know what you mean. Recirculating is def the way to go for long term. How many gallons do you have in your modified res now? Im only keeping 12-16 gallons in mine right now. If i put more than 16 in my res it would be over the rockwool, which shouldnt matter to much actually now that im thinking about it.

Yea i know what you mean. Recirculating is def the way to go for long term. How many gallons do you have in your modified res now? Im only keeping 12-16 gallons in mine right now. If i put more than 16 in my res it would be over the rockwool, which shouldnt matter to much actually now that im thinking about it.

At this point it shouldn't matter how high the water goes as long as it isn't spilling out. But I've also never grown in that big of a rockwool cube either. Our tank gets roughly 5 gallons tops. usually more like 4 1/2. The roots take up at least half the volume in there.

Came back from a 4 day trip and everything is still doing good! pH is completely stable. Havent added anything in almost a week to adjust pH. All undergrowth has shot out since the topping. All the new growth is a little lighter green than I like but it may be just because its all new. Will keep an eye on it and up the MC if I have to. 2nd picture shows the lighter green and the two new tops! Roots are all over the tote now. Will update the soil girls later today!

pH: 5.7
ppm: 600

1595861501293.png

You can see the two new tops. Should start taking off now!

1595861606798.png

ROOTS!

1595861702326.png
The ladies are looking lush and healthy

Our tank gets roughly 5 gallons tops. usually more like 4 1/2. The roots take up at least half the volume in there.

This was my struggle in dwc that the buckets full of roots only held a days worth of water

Yea Michael Hunt, just typical DWC you have the water level below the net pot to create "Air roots" that can uptake oxygen without being submerged. As long as my water solution has the correct levels of oxygen I dont think there would be a problem completely submerging the rockwool cube. I dont know of any other pro or con of keeping the water level below the netpot. Either way, its doing good with the 12-16 gallons and when she starts drinking gallons a day I may up that a little, especially if I go on a trip for a few days.

Thanks Roaming stoner, Yea I will never grow DWC with anything less than 10+ gallons anymore. Just to much work for something easy to fix. I like streamline and easy. The buckets are good for multiple plants and space but really need to be hooked up RDWC if you are going to run them.

If you use an auto fill valve and a pressure regulator you could leave it for a week (some restrictions apply). The pressure regulator will keep your pressure at 80PSI (ish) and your autofill valve keeps your water at a certain level. I use mine with my RO so I don't really need to worry about adding desolved solids

This works better with a larger volume of water because you will have a higher volume of nutrients. Also, If you have a high pH in your incoming water its hard to keep it under control. if you're using the hydro troubleshooting sheet that is so popular, its less affective because the water is unregulated. Hydrologic has an inline meter that will tell you how much water has been used, which may help,, but its not really the same thing. If I do a nute change and set my pH to the low 5s I can let it go for a week no problem.

The autofill valve is $12 US, the regulator is $40 from hydrologic, but can be found much cheaper elsewhere. I swear, this is the favorite part of my rig. It makes life SO easy. No chance of letting the roots dry out, no hauling gallons of water to your system. It just does its thing

The ladies are looking lush and healthy

This was my struggle in dwc that the buckets full of roots only held a days worth of water
If you ever decide to go RDWC your life will be forever changed, and so much easier. Then there's that whole autofill thingy as I said...

We don't have to be slaves to the bucket! Stand up and say!! Give me liquidity or give me death! OK, OK, that may be a bit much... im just saying RDWC is a good thing

Soil girls are doing AMAZING. These are 3 gallon pots, so they are getting big already. They are loving the Fox Farm Ocean forest and Recharge. My clip on fan fell on the right plant. You can see where it was laying when I opened the tent. Didnt break anything so its good to go. Just pushed the leaves and growth to the side. Will be back to normal tomorrow.

Left and right plant is Alaskan Purple, Middle plant is the White widow. Topped both Alaskan purples. Waiting on White widow's one more node.

1595889220245.png

1595889359549.png

Soil girls are doing AMAZING. These are 3 gallon pots, so they are getting big already. They are loving the Fox Farm Ocean forest and Recharge. My clip on fan fell on the right plant. You can see where it was laying when I opened the tent. Didnt break anything so its good to go. Just pushed the leaves and growth to the side. Will be back to normal tomorrow.

Left and right plant is Alaskan Purple, Middle plant is the White widow. Topped both Alaskan purples. Waiting on White widow's one more node.

1595889220245.png

1595889359549.png
Curious to see how that Alaskan purple turns out. I got a few free seeds of it with a purchase of other seeds. Looks good so far!

Back
Top Bottom