Dogwash's Triple Cheese SCROG

The plants I topped last week are all doubling up their new stems now and the seedlings are coming along nicely too

I'll move the four into the big tent next weekend, gonna give them just a bit more time to spread out before then

Ok so today's been quite a big day for these girls - I've repotted them and moved them into their forever home

In these first two pics I wanted to show the spacers I've made so that the pot doesn't sit directly in the tray

I got some 3/4 inch tubing, plus corner elbows, and made four squares that can go under the pot but in the tray

This means that there's plenty of drainage space under the pot

Using Coco 60/40 as a grow medium, I need to make sure that I can put extra in and drain it out after feeding - this keeps the Coco clean, by that I mean it stops nutrient build up / lock out, keeps the nutes that are in the pot fresh and correctly balanced

The spacers mean that the pot never sits in the run off

Also I've got four pieces of hardboard I've cut to size, think it's maybe 8mm thick, and I wedge the wood under the far end of the pot, to raise it up so the excess collects at the front and it's easier to drain it out

Sorry this pic needs rotating but I couldn't work that out

Getting nice & bushy now

I've got two Philips Daylight 315 lamps
The blue veg bulbs (agro) are in now

I've hung em way high to give the small plants a chance to get used to the light

I'll drop the lamps down in a few days time

You can see the SCROG frame around the sides of the tent - I'll string that up sometime next week - no hurry - give the babies a chance to spread out a little :)

Also it's important to note I've taken off the C trainers - these should not be left on plants too long as they can damage expanding stems and prevent further growth - I take em off when I transfer to the main tent

And a few close ups

I've made the frame myself using pvc tubing I bought online

Had to borrow a mate's workshop to drill the holes every ten cm along the side tubes

Once the small plants are in the main tent I string out the frame & then as they grow I will use the frame to train them to stay low and wide

Once they are evenly wide but before they touch each other I will flip em to 12/12

I'm using 6/2 for veg right now

I’m loving the homemade scrog net.

I saw the frame a while ago but never asked about it.

I used those three way furniture grade elbows to build my tent. I bought another pack of 8 thinking I was going to build a second tent, but I just rebuilt my first one.

I really love being able to bring out my plants from my tent for feedings/trimming, but if I ever decide to use one, I may have to use your idea to build one for my self! :thumb:

I’m loving the homemade scrog net.

I saw the frame a while ago but never asked about it.

I used those three way furniture grade elbows to build my tent. I bought another pack of 8 thinking I was going to build a second tent, but I just rebuilt my first one.

I really love being able to bring out my plants from my tent for feedings/trimming, but if I ever decide to use one, I may have to use your idea to build one for my self! :thumb:
What did you use as the cover for your homemade tent?

Here's the game changer ....

Feeding tubes that go under the SCROG

There's no way I could easily reach thru the foliage to feed em without seriously making a less every time once they've spread out - these tubes I made from pvc tubing i got from a local DIY store are perfect for the job

Defoliation wise I have to take em out and lay on my back underneath the net

It's a bit tight but it's doable

I have a major defoliation at week three of bloom but don't do too much apart from that

There's no way I could easily reach thru the foliage to feed em without seriously making a less every time once they've spread out - these tubes I made from pvc tubing i got from a local DIY store are perfect for the job

I have a major defoliation at week three of bloom but don't do too much apart from that

Wow! That right there my friend!!is brilliant!! :adore: I love that! As soon as I looked at the second picture the light bulb went off! :idea: Sighed in relief! Jaw hit the floor!

I even had to stop my wife what she was doing to explain the conversation and show her the pictures. Her jaw hit the floor, and said “you sneaky lil bugger!”

Check out my journal located in my signature. The first two posts kinda explain what I did and shows pictures. I recently rebuilt my tent again around the 20th page I think, (not exactly sure what page)

Wow! That right there my friend!!is brilliant!! :adore: I love that! As soon as I looked at the second picture the light bulb went off! :idea: Sighed in relief! Jaw hit the floor!

I even had to stop my wife what she was doing to explain the conversation and show her the pictures. Her jaw hit the floor, and said “you sneaky lil bugger!”

Check out my journal located in my signature. The first two posts kinda explain what I did and shows pictures. I recently rebuilt my tent again around the 20th page I think, (not exactly sure what page)

Hehe mate what an awesome reaction :)

Can't fault ya

Yeah they make a massive difference, going from fiddly messing and cursing every mess to just pour away and be done quick time

I'll check your tent out :)

Update time

Babies coming along fine

I want to top em very soon but not quite yet

Probably in a few days

I'll even up the canopy by cutting the longer stems closer

The plant on the near right corner is showing a little burning due to too high EC

Funnily tho the others aren't

They were taking strength 0.9 EC fine before I repotted them into the main tent, which is what I gave em last week, but as I use a Coco 60/40 that has an organic booster I've realized it's best to drop the EC down a notch at first when they are newly potted as with the booster it's just a little OTT strength wise

I have dropped it to 0.8 for this feed and will see how they go

More than one way to skin a cat!
I prepped for my 4’x6’ SCROG, but ended up pulling it a few weeks ago. Plants got too crazy.

C369EA63-CC35-49A6-9311-7D369AF7F316.jpeg

C381AEB7-596F-4189-BECD-92B4E055BFE8.jpeg

782ECA32-DC25-4C4A-BAC3-2546EF47E5D5.jpeg

B4C3EA93-1613-4D63-83C2-B697C5A1A8FF.jpeg

7C031C49-803C-4D3A-ACED-C19293AF0F6F.jpeg

D6E946AC-7A8C-47A9-96E6-00704E1F5D7B.jpeg

D407129E-09D6-4EA6-906D-53AB3B1BB4AD.jpeg

EC1AC0EF-9B5E-489E-B5B3-77C3770E2F91.jpeg

You want to be sure you get the main root ball and the outside edges too.

More than one way to skin a cat!
I prepped for my 4’x6’ SCROG, but ended up pulling it a few weeks ago. Plants got too crazy.

C369EA63-CC35-49A6-9311-7D369AF7F316.jpeg

Farkin beautiful canopy bro! Great SCROG but yes as you say maybe a little crazy lol

Amazing feed system and love the attention to detail with the air flow

How does the feed system work?

Something I'm trying to be careful of this grow is not to allow the plants to get too crazy

I will probably flip em in just over a week

Planning on topping in a few days time

I'm not going to let them touch each other before I flip

Last crop I had a shit ton of massive buds but too many, not enuff air flow and I lost at least six Oz of top bud :/ over a dozen of the biggest :(

So yeah maybe less is more sometimes :)

Farkin beautiful canopy bro! Great SCROG but yes as you say maybe a little crazy lol

Amazing feed system and love the attention to detail with the air flow

How does the feed system work?

Something I'm trying to be careful of this grow is not to allow the plants to get too crazy

I will probably flip em in just over a week

Planning on topping in a few days time

I'm not going to let them touch each other before I flip

Last crop I had a shit ton of massive buds but too many, not enuff air flow and I lost at least six Oz of top bud :/ over a dozen of the biggest :(

So yeah maybe less is more sometimes :)
The ones in the middle were one a timer, twice a day for 3 minutes, and the edges were triggered manually at feed. I’d just mix everything in the 5g jug and turn the switch on low. It has a drop in pump That fits in the jug hole.

Back
Top Bottom