Barney's Farm Blueberry Cheese, 600 Watt HPS, DWC, Rockwool

Soil girls are doing AMAZING. These are 3 gallon pots, so they are getting big already. They are loving the Fox Farm Ocean forest and Recharge. My clip on fan fell on the right plant. You can see where it was laying when I opened the tent. Didnt break anything so its good to go. Just pushed the leaves and growth to the side. Will be back to normal tomorrow.

Left and right plant is Alaskan Purple, Middle plant is the White widow. Topped both Alaskan purples. Waiting on White widow's one more node.

1595889220245.png

1595889359549.png

I bet they love that recharge. If you have thin string just anchor it to the roof of the tent, for security

Update time! Im not for sure if I have a problem or not with the DWC girl. Roots are getting dark at the top and im not for sure if its the Kelp in the MC and Recharge or root rot already? I just did a res change and mixed full dose of recharge for the reservoir. I have always ran half strength recharge but have never used it in DWC only my top feed rockwool.

Its not slimy at all even though the pics it looks a little due to being wet. What do you guys think? Ordered HydroGuard to use as well and will be here within a week.

It looks like rot to me already.... Whatcha think? Plant is doing fine. My root rot problems years back, the roots were brown and slimy, not black?

1596043168164.png

1596043231036.png

1596043286947.png

Update time! Im not for sure if I have a problem or not with the DWC girl. Roots are getting dark at the top and im not for sure if its the Kelp in the MC and Recharge or root rot already? I just did a res change and mixed full dose of recharge for the reservoir. I have always ran half strength recharge but have never used it in DWC only my top feed rockwool.

Its not slimy at all even though the pics it looks a little due to being wet. What do you guys think? Ordered HydroGuard to use as well and will be here within a week.

It looks like rot to me already.... Whatcha think? Plant is doing fine. My root rot problems years back, the roots were brown and slimy, not black?

1596043168164.png

1596043231036.png

1596043286947.png
Roots don't look too terrible. You may have light pollution issues from your res. lid causing you a little growth you don't want, but it doesnt look like you've been over run. If you're using Z7 or Hydroguard then you may want to double the dose. If nothing helps you may have to zap it with some peroxide, but save that for a last ditch effort. Plant looks good!

Thanks for the input. I am using Recharge right now which has a lot of beneficiary bacteria in it. I have been using half dosage. I just changed the res and mixed full dose of recharge. I did order hydroguard as well and will be using that along with the recharge to help when it gets here.

Im just use to pure white roots especially in this early stage with my rockwool top feed system. Im hoping its just discolored from the kelp and the dark mixture of recharge and it sitting in the water with DWC. It does look a little "weird" to me though. Ill monitor it over the next week with the full dose of recharge and see if anything changes.

Thanks for the input. I am using Recharge right now which has a lot of beneficiary bacteria in it. I have been using half dosage. I just changed the res and mixed full dose of recharge. I did order hydroguard as well and will be using that along with the recharge to help when it gets here.

Im just use to pure white roots especially in this early stage with my rockwool top feed system. Im hoping its just discolored from the kelp and the dark mixture of recharge and it sitting in the water with DWC. It does look a little "weird" to me though. Ill monitor it over the next week with the full dose of recharge and see if anything changes.
I dont know Recharge, but looks like its worked so far. If you're using nutrients that have color they may very well be staining your roots, although it doesnt look like that to me here. I use a nute line that turns my roots brown. Heres a shot for you... no white roots
If you have root issues your plant will usually be the first to tell you. I had root rot once and I thought a rat died under my shed. If it smells wrong it IS wrong.

Could be from the Mega Crop discoloring the roots.

Thanks oldsmokey, Thats what im hoping. The recharge is super dark/black as well. My res mixture is very dark so im hoping its just that. If you look past the discoloration, the actual roots are white underneath.

Guess it scared me when I drained the res and saw that. Ill monitor it over the next week and see how it does with full dose of recharge in the res.

Reservoir smells great and normal even after 2 weeks so im hoping its just discoloration.

Ok guys it is just the Recharge and kelp from MC that has dyed the roots. The roots are now BLACK today from the full dose of Recharge and res change. This does not happen in rockwool or other mediums and im not for sure how I like it in DWC. Im assuming its more the recharge since its so dark. I will monitor over the next week and see how the roots react with the dark coating on them.

I raised the ppm to 800 this res change. pH was at 6.1 this morning. Lowered to 5.8.

My soil girls are keeping up with the DWC grow! They are growing crazy fast. Going to have to make a decision soon on what I want to flower in the small tent. The 3 girls will not fit in there much longer.

I trimmed the lower 2 nodes from soil girls and the dwc girl. We will be focusing on top main nodes and bigger colas.

Trimmed up the lower tops on Blue Cheese. I will be focusing on all top main colas and just topping them to get the tops I want. I was going to only have the first top nodes but decided to keep the node below the first topped node as well. I have now topped the two main tops at the Y.

How many times can I say top? :laughtwo:

How many tops you think I should do on this one plant under the 600? Im thinking somewhere around 12-20. I dont want to many and just want massive colas.

1596158549287.png

1596158586914.png

Thanks for the tips guys. I covered most of it with a solid grey tote lid and then reflective material on the plant side. Roots look great now (still dyed black) and lots of root growth. pH is stable at 5.8 now for the past 24 hours. PPM at 800. Shes darkening up now since the rise in PPM.

Thanks for checking in Phantom. A lot going on in my world as far as growing. I have been planning and constructing two grow rooms over the past week. Nothing crazy big but a lot of work solo =). One room is 3 x 4 and the other is 4 x 4. Both 8 foot ceilings. Both are finished this morning with final touches and ventilation being run today and tomorrow. Still have sheet rock taping/mudding and trim work with other small things.

Blue cheese got a home in the shower with 45 watts of light for 3-4 days during the main construction lol. She is now back under the 600 today. She stayed perky but no growth over the 3-4 days. Roots look great and I did introduce hydroguard as well just as more root protection/stimulant.

Was so tired of the light leaks and flimsy walls of the tent and the 7 foot ceiling.

Soil girls are doing good. One Alaskan purple got some pretty bad nute burn from the ocean forest once her roots started spreading. I flushed with water on one of the last watering and all new growth looks good. At least 2 of the soil girls will go in the new 3 x 4 room once completed under a separate 600 watt HPS.

Updates will be coming soon when I can get around to it.

Back
Top Bottom