Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Re: SouthernWeed's Third Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Oh sh*t DWC..sorry to say but if I'm correct aqua flakes doesn't work to well w/ it. Outside of that the whole line will be the best nute you will ever try..IMHO

The aquaflakes is for recirculating systems, DWC, Flood & Drain etc. The hydro line of nutes is designed for drain to waste...a technique I have never used or heard of being used due to the cost of it's inefficiency.

The odd thing about this nute line in a recycling system is you do not hammer them with air from airstones...a small submersible pump to keep the water moving is all that is required. Over oxygenation can cause serious issues with killing off the enzymes and such on the root system.

I've gone completely over my plan with Pit, and our supplier, and there seems to be no issue with using this line in a dwc...but I'm going to look further into it. the plan hasn't been brought down from the Mount carved on stone tablets...I can always change it if needed.

Gotcha..that's why I edited that post. Wanted to double check the fact on that. I use dwc for my veging. I use g.h for that due to the whole oxy issue. I'm using H&G on my current run. I.lve used em off n on for a while . Gotta say the root excelorator is hands down the best innoculant around. Add some hygrzyme w/ it. Ill tell you what if you love the excelorator by itself. Pop some hygrzyme in on it and watch your roots go beyond anything you've seen before.

Premium Quality Dutch Plant Nutrients & Stimulants - House & Garden has an amazing lineup and calculator! how much was your full line incl. aqua flakes?

Just short of $550 delivered.

Gotcha..that's why I edited that post. Wanted to double check the fact on that. I use dwc for my veging. I use g.h for that due to the whole oxy issue. I'm using H&G on my current run. I.lve used em off n on for a while . Gotta say the root excelorator is hands down the best innoculant around. Add some hygrzyme w/ it. Ill tell you what if you love the excelorator by itself. Pop some hygrzyme in on it and watch your roots go beyond anything you've seen before.

I've heard nothing but raves about the root excelurator. On my first go round I'm going to slavishly follow the feed chart. The next time around, I may start adding odds and ends to it.

SouthernWeed? if you were to go with a hydro nutrient solution which would it be? DM gold or the H and G nutrients? Love your buds!

Just a quick word on a purchase I made a few days ago.

Anyone who follows any journals at all has had to drop in on PitViper's thread. Along the way, he made the switch to House & Garden nutes. Despite some growing pains with the new program, you'd have to be blind not to see the awsome quality of the buds he's producing. He and I have been in direct contact, sometimes multiple times a day, discussing the ups and downs of the H&G line, as well as him disclosing every single mistake he's made along the way. The man has no ego whatsoever when it comes to discussing mistakes...a trait I wish more people displayed.

At any rate, Sunday afternoon, I placed an order, from where I cannot directly say...send me a pm if you are interested, and was set up with the entire line. People, I'm not going to lie to you, this stuff is spendy, but the dealer I worked through laid down the best price...by a long ways...that I could have hoped to find...many thanks there Pit...want to make a friend...save 'em 200 bucks on something they had decided to buy anyhow.

So this afternoon, FedEx delivered this...
100_1851.jpg

So as I wind down this grow, I'm moving my next back to hydro, mimicking Pit's grow on a much smaller scale. H&G nutes, Barney's Farm Violator Kush in a dwc style grow.

Keep your eyes open for my next journal...starting immediatley after this one is complete.

Plants are looking sick (good sick) there SW. Nice nutrient stash. Just a quick note, Aqua flakes are not very stable in DWC systems that require bubbles. This per H and G. They are for recirc systems like ebb and flow

Plants are looking sick (good sick) there SW. Nice nutrient stash. Just a quick note, Aqua flakes are not very stable in DWC systems that require bubbles. This per H and G. They are for recirc systems like ebb and flow

I should have been a little more clear. It's a modified dwc, replacing the airstone with a submersible 80gph recirculation pump. The danger in DWC, as explained to me, is over-oxygenation, so all that needs to be done is to keep the water moving a little. After I sort out this first grow, it's quite likely that I'll move up to a system like Pit's...those ebb & grows are pretty awsome.

SouthernWeed? if you were to go with a hydro nutrient solution which would it be? DM gold or the H and G nutrients? Love your buds!

I've used DM...and I just bought the H&G stuff...that should answer that...lol.

Flower Day 13

Plants are going wild. I overslept a bit this morning so I didn't get any pics, but when I looked in on them, they were looking great. Trichs are plainly evident to the naked eye now, and the bud size seems to have nearly doubled in a day...they are in full swing now.

Over the next ten days to two weeks, we'll be entering the period where the guano tea will be put to it's toughest test so far. At around 3-4 weeks in flower last run, the plants were inhaling P at an almost unbelievable rate, constantly trying to go deficient. I have ramped up the tea strength as far as I'm comfortable with at this point, but I'll be keeping a very close eye on the performance of the plants, with an eye towards ramping the strength up further. Hopefully the addition of the guano to the soil last week will provide that slower P release that the plants need.

Anyhow, in every quantifiable way, these plants are superior to the last two...hopefully they'll keep rocking along and will provide a heavy yield.

Y'all have a great day, and I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

After I sort out this first grow, it's quite likely that I'll move up to a system like Pit's...those ebb & grows are pretty awsome.

yes they are, I have 2 myself ;)

Gotta love the planning and implementation. Its amazing how much there is to learn from every stage of a grow. Thanks, for letting us in on some of the decision making.

Quick question for you: Have you grown any other Barney's strains? And do you have any thoughts, tips regarding their stuff? Specifically the L*D and Utopia Haze?

Gotta love the planning and implementation. Its amazing how much there is to learn from every stage of a grow. Thanks, for letting us in on some of the decision making.

Quick question for you: Have you grown any other Barney's strains? And do you have any thoughts, tips regarding their stuff? Specifically the L*D and Utopia Haze?

Thanks for the kind words, Brother. I started this journal with an eye towards education...and it's been my least followed journal to date...lmmfao. Anyhow, I'm glad your finding some use in it.

I have grown several of BF's Stuff, they are far and away my preferred breeder. I'm currently growing the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds...can't post that strain name any longer...that's why I named these two plants...hoping that the reference wasn't lost on most. I suppose I'm getting older...refferencing Elton John in any way sort of dates you. Additionally, I've grown the Utopia Haze, Red Diesel and Blue Cheese. I've had 100% success with all the beans, except for one crashed hydro grow that was my own fault. My next grow will be Barney's Violator Kush, so I've worked extensively with them. Hit me with a PM with any specific questions, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

For the record, I love this grow and am learning daily. And it's true folks, the man responds to PMs with all the answers;) Thanks SW, please keep doing what ya do. Love your garden:yummy:

Thanks Brother, glad you're getting some useful info. I realize that this particular grow is rather labor intensive, and as such, may not work for alot of people, but I've learned more from this grow regarding a plants nutritional needs than I have from anything I've ever done before.

BTW, how goes the RR?

Thanks for the kind words, Brother. I started this journal with an eye towards education...and it's been my least followed journal to date...lmmfao. Anyhow, I'm glad your finding some use in it.

I have grown several of BF's Stuff, they are far and away my preferred breeder. I'm currently growing the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds...can't post that strain name any longer...that's why I named these two plants...hoping that the reference wasn't lost on most. I suppose I'm getting older...refferencing Elton John in any way sort of dates you. Additionally, I've grown the Utopia Haze, Red Diesel and Blue Cheese. I've had 100% success with all the beans, except for one crashed hydro grow that was my own fault. My next grow will be Barney's Violator Kush, so I've worked extensively with them. Hit me with a PM with any specific questions, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Awesome. Gives me a good feeling and was just the response I could have hoped for. I'll make any other convo pm so as not to hi-jack.

P.S. - Lucy in the Sky w/Diamonds was the Beatles. Written by John about Paul McCartney's wife (girlfriend at the time - now his ex-wife). Uh-oh - does this mean I'm the old one again. Man I hate being the oldest in the room.

Awesome. Gives me a good feeling and was just the response I could have hoped for. I'll make any other convo pm so as not to hi-jack.

P.S. - Lucy in the Sky w/Diamonds was the Beatles. Written by John about Paul McCartney's wife (girlfriend at the time - now his ex-wife). Uh-oh - does this mean I'm the old one again. Man I hate being the oldest in the room.

I just read a story recently that John wrote that song about one of Juliens classmates named Lucy after the boy came home from school talking about her, she actually just died recently and thus the story of the song......

I just read a story recently that John wrote that song about one of Juliens classmates named Lucy after the boy came home from school talking about her, she actually just died recently and thus the story of the song......

I thought I had heard lately about something like that. I'm sure that's more likely. I think the story about Paul's wife has been around a long time, and may have been urban legend - or the other way around.

I think now the song is about Liking Southern's Dank.

Back
Top Bottom