Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Re: SouthernWeed's Third Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

cant wait to see the diamonds on that plant..BLING BLING

She's going to look like Kimberly, Brother.

With all those bud sites you may have to help her stand up. :grinjoint:

There is that possibility. However, the Nitrozyme foliar feeds really thickened up the branches, so the weight would have to be pretty impressive. Here's hoping every branch ends up staked out.

Looking great SW I'm along for the ride:popcorn:

Sit back, relax and fire one up...we're about to get to the good part.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flower Day 6

Today's the first day I haven't had to raise the light in about a week and a half. Hopefully, this leggy girl is slowing up some and getting ready to get down to business. She has an overpowering skunk smell when you get anywhere near her...she was out for about 6 or 7 minutes for pics and she stunk up the whole room.

Now that we're into full flower, and due to some signs that I'm seeing, I've decided to move up my scheduled soil amendment. I had planned it towards the end of week 2 of flower, but these girls need some slower releasing food in the soil. So today, both planters are getting a hammering dose of Indonesian bat guano into the soil. I know from past experience that this strain will handle it well, so I'm laying it to them. Each planter will get 6 tablespoons mixed in today, followed by a good soaking with the tea.

Bet y'all want to see pics...

100_1798.jpg

100_1801.jpg

100_1802.jpg

100_1803.jpg

100_1804.jpg

100_1805.jpg

100_1806.jpg

100_1811.jpg

Y'all have a great day.

Thank You SouthernWeed! What a wonderful Journal thus far. Love all you do. You are a wonderful producer of beautiful plants. :cheer: Always great to get your morning updates along with my coffee. Will your famous shower curtain be making appearance soon?:laughtwo: I like to Wish you a safe, full of Joy and heathly 2010. Best of Luck my Friend! ;) :peace:

Thank You SouthernWeed! What a wonderful Journal thus far. Love all you do. You are a wonderful producer of beautiful plants. :cheer: Always great to get your morning updates along with my coffee. Will your famous shower curtain be making appearance soon?:laughtwo: I like to Wish you a safe, full of Joy and heathly 2010. Best of Luck my Friend! ;) :peace:

Appreciate the kind words and well wishes...and all my best New Years wishes to you and your's as well. Funny you mentioned the shower curtain, Lucy Sky is getting so tall that moving her around is becoming a real danger...she'll probably be updated in place from here on out...but Diamonds will get the colorful curtain treatment, as the lighting in my kids bathroom is far better than the lighting in the spare bedroom.

Just got done catching up and got here on time for the best part ;), although I've learned a lot already from reading through.

Lots for me to learn from reading your journals. In addition to your grow skills, I really like your journal style and how you lay things out.

Your green, healthy, vigorous, and beautiful plants are speakin' for themselves!

Happy New Year's to you and yours, brother! ;)

Just got done catching up and got here on time for the best part ;), although I've learned a lot already from reading through.

Lots for me to learn from reading your journals. In addition to your grow skills, I really like your journal style and how you lay things out.

Your green, healthy, vigorous, and beautiful plants are speakin' for themselves!

Happy New Year's to you and yours, brother! ;)

Thanks for the kind words, Brother. Hopefully, they'll keep doing as well as they are now.

Flower Day 8

Sorry for the lack of daily updates...and pics...the wife had her wisdom teeth removed about lunchtime on New Years eve, and I've been rather busy playing nurse for her. She's tough as a locust post, so she'll make it

Anyhow, Lucy Sky seems to be slowing her stretch and is putting more energy into flower developement. That's good, because I'm about out of adjustment on my light height. Those tops are in excess of 4' now.

Diamonds is going beserk with flower production. She's obviously got the indica dominant gene in her. She looks like she could finish 2 weeks or so ahead of Lucy Sky, but that's just an estimate at this point.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow...

Y'all have a great day.

Flower Day 9

Took some pics of the girls in place, just before the lights came on. I decided to do that so y'all could get a real feel for how much taller Lucy Sky is in relation to Diamonds.

Both plants are taking the feed regime well, and have dramatically improved the flower rate since the addition of the Indonesian bat guano to the soil. There are no problems or issues at this point...other than a little PH swing in the soil, but I've gotten quite good at bringing it back in line.

So flower rolls on...another 7 weeks or so and we'll be getting down to the really good stuff.

Pics...in no particular order.

100_1813.jpg

100_1814.jpg

100_1815.jpg

100_1816.jpg

100_1817.jpg

100_1818.jpg

100_1819.jpg

100_1820.jpg

100_1821.jpg

100_18221.jpg

It's not visible on the pics, you need a bit of magnification to see it, but Diamonds has the very beginnings of trich production. Nothing visible on LS, but she's a week or so behind in flower development. Looks like I'll be harvesting these two a week or so apart.

Y'all have a great day.

Southern it still looks text book. WTG :slide:

Bud sites all over the place. Good harvest on the horizon. :grinjoint:

Thanks OMM, I certainly hope so.

Flower Day 11

Well, the two day soil PH battle is over and won. a lime treatment, followed by a 7 gallon per planter flush and we have it back where it needs to be. I also finally broke down and lined the shower insert/shower curtain with mylar...should have done that a good ways back, but I'm occasionally given to stupidity. Unfortunately, this is causing a little trouble getting pics in place...which I did this AM...I guess from here on, I'll have to move them for pictures.

Here's a few pics...I'll do better tomorrow.

100_1823.jpg

100_18241.jpg

100_18251.jpg

100_18261.jpg

100_18271.jpg

100_1828.jpg

100_1829.jpg

100_1831.jpg

100_1832.jpg

That's the show for today...I'll get some better pics tomorrow.

Y'all have a great day.

I can just see the golfball nugz on her.

Yep, she's going to be loaded. Not sure if it was getting the PH rebalanced...it bottomed out on me all at once, nearly a full PH point in a day, the big flush, the mylar or any combination thereof, but she's gone completly beserk today. I did burn a couple leaves today by not paying close attention to the tops of Lucy Sky, but there's no real damage done to her.

Flower Day 12

They really took off yesterday. Buds are starting to develop nicely, and new sites are showing up all over both plants. The soil PH dropped nearly a full point in a day a few days ago, a combination of overfeeding and lack of soil maintenance nearly rose up and bit me squarely in the ass. I will admit that, nutritionally speaking, I was pushing these plants harder than any I have ever grown before...establishing an upper feed limit is a dicey proposition to say the least.

Anyhow, Lucy Sky is nearly 6' now. I had to move her location to keep her tops from getting cooked, like two leaves that got it due to me not clearly paying attention to her tops. As much as I really don't want to do it, I'm going to have to tie her tops off today. She has the look of a monster producer...let's keep our fingers crossed on that.

Pics of Lucy Sky...
100_1834.jpg

100_1836.jpg

100_1837.jpg

100_1838.jpg

100_1840.jpg

Diamonds is much shorter, at just over 4'8", but Lord is she just loaded with buds/bud sites. I'd not be terribly surprised if she held her own in the yield category against Lucy Sky. She appears to be a week or so ahead of Lucy Sky, but who really knows. I do know she is a pleasure to watch.

Pics of Diamonds...
100_1842.jpg

100_1843.jpg

100_1844.jpg

100_1845.jpg

100_1849.jpg

It's not evident in the pics, you have to catch the right light and angle that I wasn't able to reproduce with the camera, but there is trich formation starting on both plants. Hopefully these two will come off stickier than the last run of this strain...and they were plenty sticky.

Y'all have a great day.

Just a quick word on a purchase I made a few days ago.

Anyone who follows any journals at all has had to drop in on PitViper's thread. Along the way, he made the switch to House & Garden nutes. Despite some growing pains with the new program, you'd have to be blind not to see the awsome quality of the buds he's producing. He and I have been in direct contact, sometimes multiple times a day, discussing the ups and downs of the H&G line, as well as him disclosing every single mistake he's made along the way. The man has no ego whatsoever when it comes to discussing mistakes...a trait I wish more people displayed.

At any rate, Sunday afternoon, I placed an order, from where I cannot directly say...send me a pm if you are interested, and was set up with the entire line. People, I'm not going to lie to you, this stuff is spendy, but the dealer I worked through laid down the best price...by a long ways...that I could have hoped to find...many thanks there Pit...want to make a friend...save 'em 200 bucks on something they had decided to buy anyhow.

So this afternoon, FedEx delivered this...
100_1851.jpg

So as I wind down this grow, I'm moving my next back to hydro, mimicking Pit's grow on a much smaller scale. H&G nutes, Barney's Farm Violator Kush in a dwc style grow.

Keep your eyes open for my next journal...starting immediatley after this one is complete.

Back
Top Bottom