Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Re: SouthernWeed's Third Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

so it can basically be in the top of the soil, but just work it in?? ive never used it before..

Yep, that's how it works.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veg Day 24

Not much new to report...they are edging closer and closer to full flower. the preflowers are all over the plants...the very beginnings of hairs, although, I still need low power magnification to clearly see them. I've decided to hold off on the flower tea for a few more days...maybe as much as a week, so I'll get into the recipe later. I limed the soil last night and hit them with a hard watering...only water this time, and it seemed to knock back the odor just a bit...maybe a coincidence.

Anyhow, here's some pics of the girls I snapped about ten minutes ago...

100_1708.jpg

100_17091.jpg

100_1710.jpg

100_1711.jpg

100_1712.jpg

So all's well and clipping right along.

Y'all have a great day.

Veg Day 25

All is well.

Wow, I bet anyone who saw that three word update thought I had mastered the lost art of brevity. Truth of the matter is I hit the wrong button and then my internet crashed for a bit.

Anyhow, I can report that with the plants down to a 14/10 light schedule, they are moving into full flower. I no longer need to use any magnification to see hairs, and there are quite alot of them starting to show. Guess ol' DD was right about the light schedule...they didn't even make it to 12/12 before they jumped into flower.

They both have started to stretch again, with Lucy Sky leading the way...her tops are well over 14" now. Diamonds are over 10". Both plants are growing strong and thick side branches that I'm certain will fill in completely.

Anyhow, like I said, all is well, and we're gettting very close to the good stuff. Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll be able to get some clear pics of those beautiful little white hairs.

Veg Day 26

Can't get my camera to really focus on the hairs...they are still fairly small and my camera sucks ass. It would appear that I'm in line to recieve a new DSLR camera in a couple days. My wife hasn't put together the fact that if she pays for something with my credit card, chances are I'm going to find out. Well, you don't marry a Hooters girl for their mental prowness.

There are hairs all over and plants are in full blown stretch. I'll be trimming out a fair amount of undergrowth today. I'm not going to lollipop them, but that weak undergrowth has got to go.

Not much else to say, here's some pics.

Lucy Sky
100_1713.jpg

100_1722.jpg

Diamonds
100_17231.jpg

100_17241.jpg

This is certainly shaping up to be an interesting 8-9 weeks.

Y'all have a great day.

You are right my friend, they should be some great times ahead for those girls.:grinjoint:

Still lmao at the Hooter girl remark.:surf:

Heh, she never reads my journals, so I'm safe.

looking good South, must be smelling pretty damn good over there...starting to stink like crazy on my end and im loving it...happy holidays!

Yes, it got rather smelly, so I got out my carbon scrubber and it got it under control. I just finished cutting out alot of undergrowth...even stuck a couple of potential clones in soil, just to see what happens, and I smell like skunk juice.

Veg Day 26

At the end of today's light cycle, I'm going to knock the last hour off and take it down to 12/12. There are pistils all over and I believe that the gradual reduction in light time has definately had the desired effect.

Other than that not much to show or say.

Merry Christmas to you all...

Flower Day 2

Good day to you all, and my sincere wishes that you all had a wonderful Christmas.

To say that the plants, especially Lucy Sky, are stretching would be a hell of an understatement. Lucy's tops now are just short of 30", while Diamonds are 22", but catching up fast.

Both plants are covered in long, thick, white hairs and the beginnings of bud formation on the tips of the tops. With that being the case, I started a batch of my flower tea Christmas morning. As promised, here is the recipe for my flower tea.

Note: This is a super concetrated mix...10:1 mix ratio from the first feeding, working it's way down to whatever the plant will take over the course of flower. Watch the plant's reaction to the first couple of feeds...you may be able to ramp it up quick, or you may need to step up slowly. Example, Roma tomatoes refused to take more than an 8:1 mix, while Beefsteak tomatoes thrived under a 3:1 regime. Watch closly and you'll get it. This mix is actually much simpler than the veg mix, which is providing a broader range of nutrient value. There is one ingredient in it that I fully expect will make people that I've been struck solidly in the skull, but it works like a charm so here goes.

1-2-5 gallon, lightproof buckets with lids...more on that later.
2-1 bag High P bat guano...I use Sunleaves Indonesian
3-4 heaping tablespoons Seaweed extract...I use Technaflora
4- 8oz of your prefered Botanicare Sweet...this more or less replaces the molasses.
5-Here it is folks...the ingredient that going to make you think I lost it...into the above mix...and 4.5 gallons of water or so...1 gallon of FFOF soil. That's right, you're making mud. If you notice, there are only trace amounts of N in the previous mix. We need to add a tad to the mix to optimize the life cycle of the plant. Some people like to mix in a veg nute feeding in the flower cycle, but the info we gathered on tomatoes indicated a much more productive and healthy plant if they are getting a small amount of N continuously. Actually the difference was dramatic.
6- Heating pad to set mixture on...we kept the mixture between 80-83 during brew.

There is simply no way to use an airstone to aggitate this mix, however you can afix a couple airlines off your pump to the bottom of the bucket if you wish. I just went in and completely mixed the brew 2 or 3 times a day.

After brewing for 48-72 hours...the longer the better...completely strain mixture into a new 5 gallon bucket. Seal tightly and store in a cool, dark place. Here's the "more on that later". If you lose your mind and forget to cover the tea bucket, like I did, and leave it where any light can get into it, you are going to grow a blue ribbon crop of algea, and you'll do it in under 24 hours. Then you have no choice but to throw out that mix and start over again. It's not a financially costly mistake...but it costs you a couple two or three days to brew up another mix.

I've settled on a 2 feed, 1 water cycle because I really lighten the soil and 1/2 gallon of water/feed will cause a fair amount of runoff. Your rotation may differ, especially if you use a denser soil mix than me. I've also found that using what I call "mini-flushes", 3 gallons of water through a 3 gallon planter, helps keep the soil PH from getting out of control. I typically do that every 3rd watering.

I'll try and get some pics tonite after lights out to post this evening or tomorrow.

Y'all have a great day.

Flower Day 3

As the girls move deeper into flower, Lucy Sky is showing definite elongation of the leaves. Diamonds, which is much further along in flower development, is maintaining the wide, fat indica type leaves.

Early on I wondered if I might not have spit genotypes again. I marked the one that appeared to show early signs of leaning towards the Sativa side, and it was Lucy Sky. So I may be going down the same road as the last grow, which isn't an altogether bad thing, as I know now the slight variations in the feed/water schedule that need to be made between the two.

I'll be doing a full flush today on both plants. After a day or so of drying time, the feeding begins.

How abot some pics...

Lucy Sky

100_17812.jpg

100_1782.jpg

Tops are 32" as of this morning...she's just stretching like crazy and I sort of wish she'd slow down some...then I remember that bigger equals more bud...giggity.

Diamonds

100_1783.jpg

100_1784.jpg

So many budsites on this plant that I gave up trying to count them all...kinda wish I'd taken the 3 week hit on her and done a little supercropping, but I wanted to get these done in 100 days or thereabouts, so I passed up on it this time.

Y'all have a great day.

Just plain beautiful SouthernWeed They sure did jump. This like watching a textbook grow, just perfect. :peace:

Thanks OMM, they are doing quite nicely. I'm going to trim out a little more undergrowth today, and give them their first real taste of bloom tea tomorrow. If it works out like it did with the tomatoes...or even proximately close to it...then in about a week we should have a very good idea of how this is going to work out.

This is the part I've been looking forward to and dreading at the same time, hopefully it'll go well.

Flower Day 4

Morning all.

Hit the ladies with a flood of bloom tea this morning. Fed them 'til it flowed freely from the planters. After a couple hours in the soaked, compacted (as compacted as it gets, anyhow) soil, I went in a really worked over the soil with a claw, spending a good 5 minutes on each plant.

Next week, in accordance with instructions received from my buddy Paul at the hydro shop, I'll add 1/4 tsp Nitrozyme per gallon to the flower tea, but at this point, it's the only thing I plan to add, and it's only for one week. He says it'll help, and he's not steered me wrong yet. As a matter of fact, this whole organic, tea feeding thing I'm doing is because of him, and he's making me look pretty damn good so far.

Diamonds is pulling out to an impressive lead in bud development. She's going to be a very nice plant if I manage to not screw her up. Lucy Sky can't make up her mind. She's producing flowers, lots of them, but she's still spending way to much energy going vertical. Maybe someday, some smart person will figure out a product that does what Bushmaster does, without all the synthetic hormones. Anyhow, it's looking more and more like this is going to end up being just like the last grow, split genos with 1 of them a sativa dominant and one a super-indica.

I'll get some pics tomorrow morning.

Y'all have a great day.

Flower Day 5

We're getting to the point of doing pictures on one plant a day now. Both are doing well but today I'm posting pics of Diamonds. She's covered in budsites and is exactly the height I wanted her to be. Wish I could say that about Lucy Sky, but she's tall...very tall...and still stretching. Hopefully, that will slow up some soon

Diamonds

100_1786.jpg

100_1787.jpg

100_1788.jpg

100_1789.jpg

100_1790.jpg

100_1792.jpg

100_1793.jpg

100_1794.jpg

100_1795.jpg

100_1797.jpg

Growth and bud developement on Diamonds is right where I want her. Hopefully this will continue, as I believe this is going to be my best indoor plant to date. Lucy Sky has the potential to be even better...if she'll quit the damn stretch...but we'll discuss her tomorrow.

Questions or comments welcome.

Y'all have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom