Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

Thanks a bunch guys. Thanks for the reps too!

Got a big picture update coming soon.

Cut off the large fan leaves from the stalks that are growing too tall. It'll stop the stretch and redirect the auxins into larger lateral branches. The bigger the fans become the stronger the growth is developed into the structurul area the fan was at.

Sorry for getting so behind!

It does look like you'll have a battle on your hands with size. Some of the Sativa-heavier plants will just stretch and stretch... My Super Lemon Haze was still growing upwards a bit at week 7! Indoors with Sativas, I like to make sure I'm at no more than about 10-12" before flipping to bloom, but I'm already bending them sideways before then too, if I have the time. However, I'll admit that since I just grow for me, yield is actually not my primary goal either. I still want to yield decently for pride, but I can stay plenty stocked up without monster yields.

Growing can be a lot of work, especially if you have other things going in life. The worst, is when life gets in the way between weeks 3 of veg, and week 2 of bloom. If you're not really manageing the garden nightly, things just get out of hand and they lose their flexibility. I've really made a point lately to carve out enough time during late veg/early bloom phase to try to be more hands on, because I've really screwed the pooch a few times when my health made it difficult to spend the time on them - I paid for it dearly with headaches through the stretch. Anyway, I can relate!

Also, big time bravo on the RDWC set-up. You've really got it set-up nicely. Very nice DIY "undercurrent" style system. The bigger PVC should help a lot with the flow, and the chiller will keep it really dialed in. This is as nice of a DWC system as I've seen anyone use lately, and will really perform nicely for you. I'm frankly, a bit jealous! I have been saving up kitty litter buckets (square ones - they work nicely for this sort of thing) to do something similar eventually, but I sort of fell in love with the Flo N Gro, and put it on the back burner. You did it just like I'd do it, other than the square bucket thing. :)

Very well done, Bass! :bravo:

This was where I was at when I posted late info. Sorry.

Thanks Mr Smith! Late but thanks! I pretty much started stripping all of it to shut down stretch. But I will certainly use that advise in the future if I screw up and let them get too tall in veg.

Working on an update now.

haha, no worries, Hey good luck on the quitting smoking! I REALLY REALLY need to quit. It's killing me.

Loading pics for update now. let me know what ya think in a bit!

Update:

Day 38 in Flower

Today I barely pulled any fan leaves. I can tell that in a few days I'll have a fair amount with stems to pull, but for now they are not big and rather negligible in light blocking. But for now it seems the growth directions of the branches are pretty well handled and from here on out I hope to be able to just get them the light they want.

We're 1/2 way through flower now and as you can see they are getting pretty frosty already for such youngins. Bud size isnt bad either! Consider that most everything in the middle is all off shoots, side branches and buds coming off a fair bit of the small off shoots while the main branches are laid lateral and for the most part way outside and a few inches below the canopy top. But still getting pretty direct lighting.

Will I have to worry about mold with so many buds practically laying against each other or will the removal of all the fan leaves (leaving sugar leaves on buds) prevent that?

I'm adding about 2.5 gals per day of ro water. and with that I mix in about 1-2 gals worth of nutrient value as needed. Generally speaking, shooting for about 900 or so ppm on .5 meter.

I've had to add ph up as well. Have seen it get as low as 4.7 when I let it go for a cpl days without checking. But generally getting it in the 5.4-.5.6 or so area pretty easily.

Light schedule is at 10.5 hrs on now. Has been for a couple days. Hope to work it down to 9 hrs on by harvest week. Still playing with the ballast a bit switching between 1k and 750 watts to keep the heat down on the top most buds. It's cost me about $200 in elec bill this last month with the 1k watt hps. OUCH!

Have I mentioned how easy it is to work with Blue Planet Nutrients? Corey, I love them, thanks.

So, I've got 20 pics to upload from today. I'm going to try to set them all up with group descriptions. I took todays pics just before lights on with 250w of cfl add for some lighting and better quality pics.

General canopy shots:
P9040013.JPG
P9040012.JPG
P9040029.JPG
P9040014.JPG
P9040015.JPG

A couple closeups:
P9040018.JPG
P9040027.JPG
P9040025.JPG
P9040028.JPG
P9040019.JPG

Next set of pics on the way.......

These 7 are all inner canopy pics. All are 8-18" below the top of canopy for the most part.

P9040004.JPG
P9040003.JPG
P9040011.JPG
P9040010.JPG
P9040031.JPG
P9040020.JPG
P9040032.JPG

The rest are just some more size comparison randoms with a standard bic.

P9040008.JPG
P9040016.JPG
P9040009.JPG

That's alot of bud condensed into a small area. You'l have three layers of bud. Prime choice welldone, medium and small, and a shitload of popcorn. Every bit of trim looks to be awe hash maker. I want kosher kush, its suppose to be the best of the new seed stock. Maybe next year I can get it.

I had the same super stretch with the caterac kush. Your rwdc worked against ya with this stretch. Rdwc is the fastest root builder I've experienced and these ladies took off on ya. Your doing a good job controlling your jungle in such a small area.
I don't think mold is going to be a issue so close to the light.

They look really good bass. Looks like it's a Bud (wigger) pile under the 1000. Lmao.

I just order a bunch of seeds from Herbies
Barneys
Vinilla Kush
Tangerine Dream
Pineapple Chunk
Critical Kush
THC Bomb
and
FREE: 1 X Royal Queen Fruit Spirit Feminised Seed, 2 X Royal Queen Critical Feminised Seeds, 3 X Royal Queen Power Flower Feminised Seeds, 10 X Seedsman Sleestack x Skunk#1 Regular Seeds

I dumping about 5gs in my grow and going stealth. I'll keep you up dated by PM's

Thanx for all your help.
:peace:

thats by no means a monster can. (wink, Wink)

Hey Alaskan.....I going to be setting up a Flo N Grow.....Guna run it just like I suggested you should, by leaving the water in the buckets most 80% of the time and only returning the water to the reservoir to cool and refresh/circulate the water then right back to the buckets. Basically I will be running the timer opposite of yours,......from what I understand, and a air stone in every bucket.

Hey Alaskan.....I going to be setting up a Flo N Grow.....Guna run it just like I suggested you should, by leaving the water in the buckets most 80% of the time and only returning the water to the reservoir to cool and refresh/circulate the water then right back to the buckets. Basically I will be running the timer opposite of yours,......from what I understand, and a air stone in every bucket.

Congrats on the Flo N Gro.
Not really sure how that will work out for you running it that way though. For one what type of airstone do plan on using and where do you plan on putting it? If it's a round airstone it won't fit between the netpot and the bucket. Yeah, I take that back, just went and checked and it will fit.......barely.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out for sure. Only issue I see is the temps inside the buckets. The temps will resemble the temps inside the tent. I don't think that recirculating it 4 times in 24 hours will cool it enough. Kinda like running a DWC 5 gallon bucket I suppose. If doing what you are suggesting I certainly wouldn't run anything but a sterile system that's for sure.
Good luck on it though and let us know how it turns out for you!

Bass, I've got to say I'm very impressed with your new growing methods. Seems to be working very well.

Thanks AK1,This is a bit off from the norm and yet interesting adaptation with them being too tall too. I'm having fun with it even. It's like I'm being challenged and saying "fuck you, I'm still gonna win".

Congrats on the Flo N Gro.
Not really sure how that will work out for you running it that way though. For one what type of airstone do plan on using and where do you plan on putting it? If it's a round airstone it won't fit between the netpot and the bucket. Yeah, I take that back, just went and checked and it will fit.......barely.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out for sure. Only issue I see is the temps inside the buckets. The temps will resemble the temps inside the tent. I don't think that recirculating it 4 times in 24 hours will cool it enough. Kinda like running a DWC 5 gallon bucket I suppose. If doing what you are suggesting I certainly wouldn't run anything but a sterile system that's for sure.
Good luck on it though and let us know how it turns out for you!

I'm going to use my own 5gal buckets. I'm going to build my own system. I found buckets for a 1$ each and the 50gal drums for 10$ each and 2$ for the 10" net pots. I may even have to dissemble the flow and control and reassemble it in a tote if I can't keep the water level where I want. I'll make it work to my needs.
You use the Titan? I'm going with the C.A.P system. It looks like I can flood and drain as many times and as long as I want. My drum/reservoir will be on the outside of the grow area.
You think I will have more heat issues than you when your buckets are empty? Air warms much quicker than H2o brother. Stick a temp probe in one of your buckets and monitor the temp whet there's no water in them. I promise you it will be more than when the water is left and then drained and recirculated back. That is what I was trying to get at with your system and your RR issues, By the way how is the RR going?

Alaskan. Think of it like this. A car in the summer heat sitting in the sun. (same as ya plants buckets) windows up and not much of a breeze. Heats up pretty quick. Now fill that car with H2o and leave it out there. the temp will still rise but no where as quick. It will work and better. Your roots are on the bottom of the bucket baking in the summer heat of your tent brother. I will fix this in my grow. :peace:

Hey, just wanted to enter my 2c here... By running it full and emptying only every once in a while, you're setting yourself up for problems. Those buckets will heat up fast under your lights and we all know what happens when res water gets above 68*. By finagling the controls to run other than is suggested by the manufacturer, I think you're headed down a slippery slope.

This is basically an Ebb&Flow system with an undercurrent RDWC hybrid. The whole reason for the remote reservoir is to keep the bulk of the water OUT OF THE LIGHTS and therefore cooler. If you want DWC bubble buckets there are cheaper methods of doing that. I don't know what advantage you think you'll get by keeping the system in "fill" 80% of the time, but I can tell you the dangers of that.

Yeah, I hate bending because they are too tall. Hence ONE of the many reasons I'm doing away with the tents. I also want to grow bigger, taller plants and not worry if they will get too tall or not. After doing the HIGH HIGH defol on the tent I'm currently harvesting I'm finding that the usual popcorn buds are now bigger nugs!

I hate to say this but... I TOLD YOU SO!

I take that back... I don't hate saying that. Especially to you! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom