Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

Re: Bassman Strips the Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation, DWC-RDWC, 1k watts of Madness!

Update:

Day 25 in Flower, Day 29 in 12/12

Also been bending like a mofo. But the top inches are getting so damn hard now from having been bent. PPM is lowered and down in the 780-850 range for the most part (.5 conversion).

Looks good Bass Why ya got the ppms so low Bro? your not flushing yet.?

I'm fukin spankin it to mine. 1370 on the BPN tank and 1430 on the AN tank. any ways turn that shit up if ya wana keep up bro. Woof!

Hey I made some Rice Crispy treats and left the recipe in my last post SpaceGhosts RDWC Multi Strain Grow

Re: Bassman Strips the Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation, DWC-RDWC, 1k watts of Madness!

Oh ya I see this is a 1000w grow.

Where's that LED Bro? I told ya they got they're places (like on the space shuttle)

:peace:

Thanks for the reps Sphnx!

@SG, They don't need 1300 ppm (using .5 conversion). Pro tip from a master hydro RDWC grower a few months back told me how badly we over feed them. Well before we are at a point of nute burn we are often over feeding them. In other words, he basically was saying they won't nute burn at 1000 ppm but we're over feeding them and wasting nutrient, and thus wasting $$. Especially on that high dollar AN nutes. But the hydro store loves us more.

Yes, the LED is out for this type of grow. No way it can penetrate deep enough for the size of these plants. I love the led, but because of plant limitations, I have to get bigger girls and the led would be fine for shorter gals.

I'll have to take a look at that recipe too, nice idea I may be able to use to treat mom. But she's diabetic too so I have to watch out on the sugar intake.

Mom and I have something in common Bass. She have neuropathy in her feet at all? I have to deal with that nerve pain on a daily basis. Some days are better then others. Tell mom I said "hi" and wish her well.

So tell me more about this nute biz. I have had a feeling I've been over feeding my plants. Especially with the Bloom booster as I have buds growing on buds! Foxtailing pretty bad. Some of the nugs are so big they get mold on this inside even when I have a fan blowing on them.

I think you and I need to have a chat on the phone here real soon as I have questions for ya my friend

+reps on the grow and info Bass!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bassman59 again."
Well dammit it someone please give Bass some reps for me and I'll return it!

Thanks!

It's the thought that counts AK1. Thanks.

About the nute biz: They are in it to make money?

Basically that grower (he manages 75k watts of lights in rdwc) States: "You always have to take into account that youbwill lose water in the system which will raise the ppms of solution. My heaviest eating strains in dwc only get 950ppm max at 500 scale. Ppm meters come in different scales. You must know your scale. If your meter is at 500 scale you shouldnt go over 1000 and if you are at 700 scale you shouldnt go over 1400. Check your scale. When you get close to harvest you should be lower to get all those chemicals out of you plants. 10 days before chop i go from 950 to 500. 5 days before chop ingo from 500 to 300. 3 days before chop just plain water with minimal ppm or no ppm. This is all at 500 scale".

"Please never follow the directions for any of your nutrients. You wont kill your plants but you lose quality and flavor. No plant that you will ever grow needs more than 1000 ppm. I have 6 foot bushes that only get 700 ppm and have huge buds. I get 2 pounds per 1000 watts and barely nute. More nutes does not=more weight. More nutes=shitty weed although to the eye it still looks nice".

"How to nute your plants correctly
Never ever ever ever ever listen to what the nutw companys tell you. Never. Your meter and your plants will tell you how high to nute. The way that you nute is that you draw a line in one of your buckets of where you keep the water level at. Anytime you take a reading, you must have the water filled to that line. What you want to see is that your plants eat 60 ppm over 3 days. For example if you put 600ppm of nutes in, you want the meter to read 540 in 3 days when you top off the buckets back to the line. If they ate more than 60 then yoir levels are too low. If they ate nothing and the reading is the same or higher then you are too high. Its that simple. You will find out that you were using twice the nutes that you needed. No one does what i do".

Those were three messages on the topic he sent me some time ago. I'm trying to get my nute #'s dialed in. But it is strain dependent to some degree at least. Key here is finding that 60 ppm in 3 days number. Then knowing how to mix that number consistently. I'm kinda winging it by topping off each day with plain ro water. Then I check it after it's mixed well and make a mental note. Last res change I started out at what turned out to be 1100 ppm and I knew this was too much. So I'm letting it come down. at 7xx or so I added nutes at a 1 gal mix and brought it up to 950 or so. Now I'll see how it does after a few days and a top off, and dial it in a bit more. I really need to take better notes, but basically there are 3 phases, in both veg and flower. I've got earliest veg pretty dialed at 300ppm or so. I'm now working on monster bloom period from say 21 days to just before harvest. As this is the longest period it's the easiest to work on and adjust with least effect to plants.

Edit: fee free to pm me if you want to chat.

Hey Bass What ya call the actual 1st day of bloom? When you 1st see flowers? about day 12-14?

Can you stop by my thread and explain how you mix your nuts. I'm used to mixing a gal jug of concentrate with the AN and that won't work with the BPN

Anyways we both do the same with the Nuts I'm just on the .7 conversion. I start off around 1050 and then by the end of the week i'm up around 1300-1400. Thats with adding a couple 5 gal buckets of water set to about 800ppm's
:peace:

Thanks BCBudd!

@SG, I call 1st day of flower when they show they're sex. In this case it was at 5 days of 12/12 after a 36hr dark and GLR veg. That's what seed vendor uses so it keeps me on same schedule.

SG I'll stop by, but if you're topping off to your "water line" in hydro with plain water during the week then the ppm should go down. Your 1050 is basically 1.5 e.c. and like 750ppm on my .5 meter. Depending on phase, could be perfect or a bit low.

Bass, Been lurking in the shadows on your grows but just had to say thanks, been learning a bunch. Oh and thanks for the the google post about the defoliation hi yield, that has been an interesting and informative read.

Thanks Oldrthandirt! I'm really enthused my learning has helped your learning. And that defoliation post is a long but very good place to learn some long used, rarely talked about techniques. It's obviously pretty emotional to some, but coming in with an open mind and being objective can offer some great learning benefit.

That being said, I still kick myself in the ass daily for not handling veg on this grow they way I new I was supposed to. It would have been so much more convincing and impressive had I done that right and today's canopy was 12" lower and a bit wider all the way around just like the original plan. I promise to not make that mistake on my new Master Kush seedlings that I just transplanted to buckets. :thumb:

Update:

Day 28 in flower, day 33 in 12/12

wow, the buds are growing fast and sticky n stanky too. When I reach in to the middle to pull fan leaves my entire arm comes out sticky and smelly. This is supposed to be a 9-10 week flowering period and we've just completed week four. At this rate, I can't fathom what it's going to look like at the end.

While the heat at canopy feels fine, it does appear the bud leaves are showing they are too close to the light. But I keep bending my ass off trying to keep them down. Any help on this would be great.

I am damn near tempted to remove the tent and rig a way to hang the light from the ceiling. I just hate having anything to do with nail & hammer though and not sure if I want to do that or make a pvc hanger. Totally undecided but might be forced to make a decision. Again, any suggestions on this topic would be great.

Here's some pics from today:
P8260001.JPG
P8260003.JPG
P8260002.JPG
P8260006.JPG
P8260005.JPG
P8260004.JPG
P8260007.JPG
P8260010.JPG
P8260009.JPG
P8260008.JPG
P8260011.JPG

The buds look fandamntastic! You have been bending a bit havn't you... Knuckles all over the place. Not sure there is an answer. They should be almost done stretching at 4 weeks. Now its about gaining girth. The bending should be almost over. My choice would be to keep the tent intact. As the buds get heavier the plant will shrink an inch or more also as the vertical shoots start going diagonal as they have heavier weight to support.

Your doing great. I hope my Jew Kush does as well.

Mini Update:

Day 32 in flower

With more fan leaf removal comes more opportunity to bend. It's fun too. when you find a few 6-8" below the canopy, way in the middle, and wrangle your hands in to get it, then suddenly find 6 more fans close together, pull them and wow, look at all the light those buds just got, and an opening to bend as well!

It's hard to tell from the pics but the entire area of canopy is a 4-6" thick layer of nothing but buds. It's just one solid layer practically.

I'm messing with the light wattage a bit. turned down to 750 watts for a day, bent some more down and out giving more lateral light spread as well as some height benefit, then back up to 1k watts. We'll see what happens.

P82900012.JPG
P82900021.JPG

Back
Top Bottom