Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

I'm going to use my own 5gal buckets. I'm going to build my own system. I found buckets for a 1$ each and the 50gal drums for 10$ each and 2$ for the 10" net pots. I may even have to dissemble the flow and control and reassemble it in a tote if I can't keep the water level where I want. I'll make it work to my needs.
You use the Titan? I'm going with the C.A.P system. It looks like I can flood and drain as many times and as long as I want. My drum/reservoir will be on the outside of the grow area.
You think I will have more heat issues than you when your buckets are empty? Air warms much quicker than H2o brother. Stick a temp probe in one of your buckets and monitor the temp whet there's no water in them. I promise you it will be more than when the water is left and then drained and recirculated back. That is what I was trying to get at with your system and your RR issues, By the way how is the RR going?
Alaskan. Think of it like this. A car in the summer heat sitting in the sun. (same as ya plants buckets) windows up and not much of a breeze. Heats up pretty quick. Now fill that car with H2o and leave it out there. the temp will still rise but no where as quick. It will work and better. Your roots are on the bottom of the bucket baking in the summer heat of your tent brother. I will fix this in my grow. :peace:

Think of this... if you dial your tents in correctly, you won't need to try to make water in a bucket cool a tent, which doesn't usually work, by the way, unless it's got a fan blowing through a cloth that is wicking up the water. Quite the opposite in fact, your over heated tent will heat the small volume of water in the buckets and you can pythium your plants bubye....

And you telling him that his tents are too hot and he's baking his plants is . . .um . . . uninformed... His tents are pretty well dialed in and he's running three of them. The root rot is long gone...Been gone for quite some time.

Think of this... if you dial your tents in correctly, you won't need to try to make water in a bucket cool a tent, which doesn't usually work, by the way, unless it's got a fan blowing through a cloth that is wicking up the water. Quite the opposite in fact, your over heated tent will heat the small volume of water in the buckets and you can pythium your plants bubye....

And you telling him that his tents are too hot and he's baking his plants is . . .um . . . uninformed... His tents are pretty well dialed in and he's running three of them. The root rot is long gone...Been gone for quite some time... I think you need to drop this before you get too deep, friend.

Your missing the point. Not saying his tents are hot and I'm not trying to start any thing.

Never said his temps are too hot.

My water sits in my buckets 24/7 I will design something that works better and in corps the ebb n flo, but now I may just keep it all to myself rather than help the comunity.

You cant use a cool bucket to kool a tent, Can I smoke the stuff your smokin because I never seen that coming

this place doesnt have enough people to be arguing. I'm not into that.

Peace bro

It's to bad I was going to disassemble the ebb N Flow, reassemble it in a tote. Incorporate RDWC with the ebb n flow and make it work like that.

I have more ingenuity, talents,and design ideas than most. I have built My own Race cars, motor cycles, rebuilt my 1st bike at 12 and have worked maintenance most of my life on 3rd shift holding it together with bubble gum and toothpicks. I should have been a engineer.

You peoples go ahead keep buying those expensive tents, chillers, LED's and what nots. I will use My talents and expertize to macgyver my grow and save $$$ and produce bigger yield for less capitol.

Here is a link to my Nitrous assisted Harley Street Glide that eats crotch rockets for lunch. Nos systems for motorcycles sell for around a 1000. I have about 350.00 in mine and did all the work myself. I do all my own work on everything I do and build and ya gota trust your Mech when doing 150mph
Joining this group - Harley Davidson Forums

Spaceghost, not sure if you're still around. I don't want to gunk up Bassman's thread too much, but here's my take:

If you want to run your system like that, just make sure you are able to keep the netpots out of the nutrient solution so that you don't get root rot. The airstones may not be able to provide enough aeration if the pots are drenched in the solution .

In DWC, for example, you want your netpots to be above the nutrient solution, and there isn't a lot of medium in the netpots (you really only need enough to stabilize the plants/roots). In the Flo N Gro and Ebb n Grow systems, the netpots are real close to the bottom of the bucket, and you definitely wouldn't want it flooded up high on the inner netpot, as the roots in the netpot (this is where most of the roots live in these type of systems) most likely won't get enough aeration to keep from drowning/rotting.

In a system like these, the roots get the majority of their aeration when the flood recedes, pulling air/oxygen down with it and exposing the roots to a big rush of air. If solution is left in the pots above the bottom of the netpots, even with an airstone the air doesn't penetrate the massive amount of medium enough, in my opinion/experience.

I'm just trying to help, not flame or argue, so please don't take this as combative. I'd love to see you put something together unique and different in the way it operates. I love that you wish to challenge the convention, but I don't want to see you have problems, either.

Keep in mind, the inner buckets on these are FILLED with medium, at least as they're traditionally engineered. Unlike DWC where the roots live in the air and solution, these systems leave most of the roots living in the medium. So, after a flood, the buckets aren't filled with air so much as they are filled with damp medium, roots and yes some air. I personally feel there is an advantage to having the nutrient solution spending the majority of time outside the tent in the reservoir as far as cooling, but everyone's environment/needs are different.

I don't think anyone had ill wishes for you or your plans -- I believe they were trying to be helpful, as am I. I hope you have second thoughts about the posts, and read them through a different lens, as I don't think anybody was trying to be combative.

Bassman, hope you don't mind me weighing in on this in your thread.

Sincerely, :goodluck:

X

:peacetwo:

No problem at all guys. On this topic I'm just observing. Might learn something, might give me ideas, who knows.

** On a side note, I think you all are doing it wrong if you're not doing RDWC like me.:blalol:

What the hell?? It seems it's happened again... And now it really does seem that every time I actually get some real sleep, someone gets mad at me.

Let me try to reply one at a time here....

Your missing the point. Not saying his tents are hot and I'm not trying to start any thing.

Never said his temps are too hot.
Let me just paste your quote right here and mark it red that you actually did...
Alaskan. Think of it like this. A car in the summer heat sitting in the sun. (same as ya plants buckets) windows up and not much of a breeze. Heats up pretty quick. Now fill that car with H2o and leave it out there. the temp will still rise but no where as quick. It will work and better. Your roots are on the bottom of the bucket baking in the summer heat of your tent brother. I will fix this in my grow. :peace:
Point proven, I think here, so on I go...

My water sits in my buckets 24/7 I will design something that works better and in corps the ebb n flo, but now I may just keep it all to myself rather than help the comunity.

You cant use a cool bucket to kool a tent, Can I smoke the stuff your smokin because I never seen that coming

this place doesnt have enough people to be arguing. I'm not into that.

Peace bro
Umm... I know you can't cool a tent with a bucket... I just said exactly that... I wasn't arguing, I was letting you know that getting rude and knocking Alaskan1's grow is not the way to make your idea seem good. I saw where your bashing of Alaskan1's grows was going, and was letting you know that you were in the wrong and suggesting you take another course of action. You were saying that his tent was to hot, (it's not) and bringing up a long past issue to support your incorrect claim (RR). I was politely letting you know that those issues are long in the past and that bashing his grow is not the way to go to make your idea seem better than it actually is. It *is* a good idea, don't get me wrong there, but there are danger points I was trying to warn you about. You don't need to build it up past what it is though.

It's to bad I was going to disassemble the ebb N Flow, reassemble it in a tote. Incorporate RDWC with the ebb n flow and make it work like that.

I have more ingenuity, talents,and design ideas than most. I have built My own Race cars, motor cycles, rebuilt my 1st bike at 12 and have worked maintenance most of my life on 3rd shift holding it together with bubble gum and toothpicks. I should have been a engineer.

You peoples go ahead keep buying those expensive tents, chillers, LED's and what nots. I will use My talents and expertize to macgyver my grow and save $$$ and produce bigger yield for less capitol.
<snip>
I'm all for the DIY... if you check my links, there are all sorts of DIY projects in and for my grow. I never told you to go buy anything, and I even told you that there are less expensive ways to do what you were talking about. As for producing bigger yield, I'd like to see the numbers when you get them, if you're still around.

I rebuilt my first computer in Junior High, Built my own RC dragsters motor, power, engine and all, built my own H.D. Sportster when I was in high school, and on, and on, and on... Like you , I've built quite a many things from metal and wire, that were quite a success, and I don't doubt that you have done the same, but let me reiterate:
Bashing someone else to make your idea seem better is childish, and has no place here. You may do that on the streets where you live, but this is not that place...

This is a community where we help each other, and that's all I was trying to do with you and your idea. If you took offense, that's not my fault. If you took offense and me standing up for a fellow grower, that's not my fault either. I think his rep speaks for itself and he joined about the same time you did. He earned every one of those emeralds under his name, by showing good grows, and helping the community. He did not go around saying he could build better and fix another grower's problems that they had experienced in the far-away past in is own grow.

wow! um whats going on here? are people helping each other in a considerate mature way? keeping it light hearted,fair,honest and on point? if not lets try that and not let ego and feelings get in the way ,unfortunatly im a hydro newb so i dont know what system is the best if theres such a thing, i just read the plants, thats how i determine if a system/soil etc is working, happy productive plants prove any method i saw some beautiful plants growing out of a pile of garbage at a private dump a few yrs back, there were diapers, tin cans,paint cans and broken furniture within inches of fat sparkly nugs so there neener neener! lol true story tho, i was shocked ,the dude said he just threw seeds out there in the spring!

My job is to add some levity.

You may proceed.

I am sorry for crapping in your thread never meant it to turn out like this.

My Gf says I'm a little Bi-polar and have mood swings.

My words obliviously came out wrong. All of our tents and rooms are like sitting out in the hot summer sun and we are trying to control nature inside a closed room.

I am glad to here Alaskan1 has his RR issues solved, he could have said so himself although.

I did not mean to sound like I was bashing his grow or wanted him just to pack up and switch, I talked to Alaskan1 many moons ago about this and he said the Flow N Grow didn't work like that.

Alaskan1 has had RR so much in the past that, It was like little red riding hood calling wolf, ya just kinda figure that it's part of his grow. Please don't take offense Alaskan1, I am glad to hear you doing well and Sorry I haven't kept up with your latest thread

:peace:
:circle-of-love:

ROFL! Good one! Yeah, we know all about pH pen calibration, don't we. :blalol:

I measure mine. It's almost as long as my dick. It's a small pen.

:rofl: this is great! i think growing in miracle grow potting soil and shultz nutes with heat lamps is the uber ultra way to grow!!!! (a doode i recently met told me this was his favorite way to grow killer dank) oh and he grew with 24/7 light and put calcium nitrate and vinegar as a bloom booster 1 cup of each 2 weeks before harvest made him football size buds!! i tried very hard not to laugh...:cough:

Autos will flower under 24/7................. I'm just sayin' and that's some killer dank fire stick-icky toke.:rofl:

Well that's even better! You know that stuff was brought to earth by aliens called Collumnbians, right? Yeah, their world is shaped like one big Corinthian collumn. And they have no such thing as night on their world, so of course it flowers under 24/7. And the soil there is made of Ca(NO3)2, and rains CH3CO2H, that's why he puts a cup of each of them on during flower.

Gawd, I thought you knew this mang!!

Back
Top Bottom