BID Bean Memorial Grow

Nice work Hoz! :goodjob:

So the plants you put out now will finish before Summer? I would have thought the light cycle too long.
Assuming I misunderstood (very likely lol), the 2 PROCs that are behind the rosemary and oregano, won't those get HUGE by the end of Summer? They won't fit under that shade cloth will they?
Glad I'm not the only one that uses the 'self topping' technique! :high-five: :biglaugh:
Good to see you here Hiker! I believe they will go to flower in a short while as did my others I put out early a couple years ago (around March 24th). We are not at the Eqinox yet which is around March 20th or so, but the last ones did flower early so we shall see. And yes all the plants will be pushing 4 feet or more by the end of Summer, but I hope manipulation will keep them low and bushy with LOTS of terminal bud locations. I will be capturing pollen from my Males before I cull them like BID showed me and then pollenating some lower buds to get some seeds to keep this selection going, but also plan to clone a female or two after they decare. I may end up removing the shade screening, which is at 4 feet, but need to keep them BELOW the fence line. I top at every two major leaf sets which tends to keep them low and bushy. I will document when they declare their sex which should be happening soon (we are at about six/seven weeks now) with photos AND text. :cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

This in my opinion is the best combination of well formatted and easy to understand journal I've had the honor of following in my short 420 mag experience Hozona. Keep up the good work!
Thanks B A R, I try to keep my posts clean and understandable :cheesygrinsmiley:

It shows.

UPDATE! :slide:
No pictures today, but I am pleased to say ALL my tranplsnted babies dealt with going outside with NO problems. I have been dealing with horrible chest congestion and have seen the doctor a lot in the last two weeks. He says it is an allergy thing and a lung treatment I had yesterday seemed to help. Spring is in the AIR, (literally) and the pollen from my citrus trees is almost finished, but there is a lot of it in the air. I also noticed my zuchini and radishes have popped up also. The planters/garden are ALL looking good! I will have another update with pictures this week-end :Namaste:

Looks like your on your way here. It's really funny how diferent area with the different sun level grow. Here in Oregon, if I thru a plant outside, she'd grow a minute then start to flower then reveg,,,,,, again,,,,,,,, and start to flower in the fall all over. I've made that mistake along since moving up here. But then I never grew down 'south' before. I've never gone south of the Bay Area myself less you call Dixie south... Looks great. A lot of good years can make the best soil around. Feed it well and it will always yield fruits, or.
Keepem Green

Looks like your on your way here. It's really funny how diferent area with the different sun level grow. Here in Oregon, if I thru a plant outside, she'd grow a minute then start to flower then reveg,,,,,, again,,,,,,,, and start to flower in the fall all over. I've made that mistake along since moving up here. But then I never grew down 'south' before. I've never gone south of the Bay Area myself less you call Dixie south... Looks great. A lot of good years can make the best soil around. Feed it well and it will always yield fruits, or.
Keepem Green
Good to hear from you again my friend. I probably will have my plants do exactly what you said, bloom, reveg, bloom again...I am hoping to get two harvests from the same plants as well as clones to keep it going. Because of my over-extended budget I find growing indoors very costly. The plants love Ocean Forest and I am supplementing with the Fox Farm nutes. All plants got a sprinkling of Mykos as they were being transplanted also. Again, good to hear from you and I will be touching base with you in the upcoming months for sure. Keep it GREEN :cheesygrinsmiley:

FRIDAY NIGHT UPDATE :slide:
Have a leak in my pvc going to the plants and have to dig it up and repair it. SUCKS:helpsmilie: I have dug a small trench above where the pipe travels and think I have the spot to dig now. Hopefully I will get it repaired tomorrow :cheesygrinsmiley: Also "SUPERCROPPED" 4 of my P-ROC plant on the North and West walls. My 3 HYBRIDS (might start calling the strain "HY-BID"s) look low and bushy so nothing to be done for now and the K-ROK plants haven't seen a "topping" yet :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'll try to post pictures tomorrow:Namaste:

PICTURE UPDATE AS PROMISED :slide:
My PVC repair area
IMG_099019.JPG

My HYBID (changed name in memory of BID)
IMG_098924.JPG

My other HYBID plus P-ROC
IMG_098827.JPG

And now to the "SUPERCROPPED" P-ROC. I did the 'cropping yesterday and they are already swooping up towards the light:cheesygrinsmiley: Go to the light young ones.....
IMG_099622.JPG

IMG_099520.JPG

IMG_099422.JPG

IMG_099323.JPG

IMG_099219.JPG

IMG_099120.JPG

And my just topped K-ROC
IMG_099725.JPG

ALL FOR NOW :tokin:

I also hung a light in the middle of the 3 HYBID and 1 P-ROC to keep them in veg and not let them go to flower.
IMG_099825.JPG

I also have not seen any pre-flower signs as of yet. I am in awe of the way GLR helped develop such lush vegging plants. Gonna be a really good grow this summer. I got the jump on the seasonal growing and am hoping that the training and topping will produce 100s of bud locations (terminal nodes) :cheesygrinsmiley:
Having the genetics left to me by my friend BID helped to get this off to a really great start.

MID-WEEK UPDATE :slide:
As of now I see 2 MALE P-ROC in North Wall planter, 1 FEMALE P-ROC on West Wall and a smaller undeclared P-ROC in the same planter along with a baby K-ROC. It appears that one of my HYBIDs is a male and the other two are undeclared along with the smaller P-ROC in the South Patio planter. The other two K-ROC babies in the stealth corner are still too young yet. I will post pictures of the pre-flowering this week-end. THAT'S ALL FOR NOW :cheesygrinsmiley:

CLONE TIME :slide:
Got my 5 gallon Aerocloner up and running today after discovering my female yesterday.(P-ROC) It is a 5 clone cloner similar to the one I made previously pictured HERE Put a teaspoon of rapid rooter in the water, took my cuttings, prepared them and dipped ends in Clonex, hooked up my minute on/off timer (set it up to spray for one minute on/off five, repeat) and set it all under my LED panel. I will probably end up with it, my T5, and my 4 space DWC set-up inside my bedroom over the Summer because of the amount of heat in the storage room. It was actually pretty toasty out there today. I will do my best to document all of it tomorrow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

FRIDAY UPDATE!:yahoo::slide::yahoo:
My NEW Hozonero clone set-up
IMG_099921.JPG

My 5 P-ROC clones
IMG_100014.JPG

My 1 on 1 off timer set for 1on/5off
IMG_100129.JPG

My Veg area with Jalapeno, 3 tomatoes, 3 Rosemary, and 1 P-ROC clone
IMG_100230.JPG

Some of my P-ROC MALE:thedoubletake: preflowers
IMG_100428.JPG

My P-ROC Female :yahoo: Preflower
IMG_100632.JPG

Some more males :thedoubletake:
IMG_100726.JPG

IMG_100928.JPG

IMG_101026.JPG

If the tops start looking like little cauliflowers, YOU'VE GOT MALE!
AND the K-ROC CORNER :slide:
IMG_101122.JPG

I also believe at least one of my HYBIDs, if not both, are showing signs of being female. If so I will clone it also. I know that I have one HYBID male, so gonna also try for a few more seeds.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think this is an accurate count of Male/Female plants. 2 of my 3 HYBID were male, so seed experiment will happen. I pulled one of the HYBID males today. Of my 5 P-ROC, 3 are female and I will transplant the one that is with the HYBIDS into the West Wall planter with the other two females. The Males are in the North Wall planter and I pulled the one closest to the females to create some space between the plants. My K-ROC babies are what they are....babies. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well, of the eight bigger plants I put outdoors, I have 4 ladies and 2 pollen donators. (One P-ROC and one HYBID I pulled the other two). I have transplanted the female P-Roc that was in the South Patio planter into the West Wall planter so all three of that strain will be in the same planter. The South Patio planter still has one male and female HYBID. I trimmed the male way back so that I will be able to control and contain its pollen. The P-ROC male is in the North Wall planter by himself and looks like I will be collecting pollen by the week-end. The K-ROC babies appear to be doing well and remain in their original spots :cheesygrinsmiley: No roots yet in cloner, but it's only been two days....maybe by the week-end:cheesygrinsmiley:

Well, ALL my females are in the West Wall planter and are in flowering mode like I planned, my two males are in the North Wall planter, ( I hope to bag and collect pollen and cull them this week-end), my 4 P-ROC clones all have roots, I started with 5, but one didn't make it. While I was supercropping my HYBID I snapped the top off so it's now in the cloner. I will transplant the 4 P-ROC clones into soil this week-end and transplant my tomatoes and jalapenos outside along with the rosemary. I will be taking 4 more clones from the HYBID this week-end to fill the void left when I transplant the P-ROC clones. ALL that being said, things are going just as I had planned. Pictures tomorrow :cheesygrinsmiley:

Don't you love it when a plan comes together Hozona?

McD's

Back
Top Bottom