Big Buddha Cheese Clones! Pheno Hunt 2022 Grow 2 Student Level: Indoor, Soil, LED

OK I've been absent far too long my apologies!
You've sure been busy brother!
It looks freaking awesome in here!
All things considered if I saw a picture and hadn't read your journal, I would think things were 100% dialed in!
Love the work you've been putting in for sure keep it up!
Cheers bud. I have no choice but to flip them this week and that's when they are going to really show how things are underneath. I will fight them untill the end. Fresh start next week on something new and less work hopefully 🤞🏼

IT'S FLOWER TIME!!
tonight will be their first night of 12hours so tomorrow I will call day one of flower.
I have no choice due to timing to flower them now but as I've had a constant pH issues I watered them at 4.5ph and they seem to have enjoyed it but from now I will try properly buffer my water and get a bigger Res on a timed feed.

I will be keeping their feed on 1.1EC/550ppm and still monitor my run off to see how Thier eating and start introducing bloom.
As their days are shorter now I will stay to turn up the lights to get the dli back and exceed it a bit. They have only had 150w roughly so far which is half my lights power.

Here they are before their first long night.. I pulled a few of the larger leaves off but kept them bushy!

PXL_20221223_192329910.jpg

Happy holidays 🎅

Day 3 flower

My ladies this morning are looking happy and it's getting very tight in there but I will wait until week 3 and do some pruning as there is a lot underneath that probably won't get much light. The leaf tips are showing slight light burn but will keep an eye as I hope they'll get used to it with shorter days. I will raise the lights anyways in a day or so as I'm sure they are getting taller by the day!

Today they will be fed with plenty of run off as usual full feed every feed!
20L RO
PM Magne cal 2ml/L
Potassium bicarbonate 1.5tbsp (buffer)
Bio rhizzotonic 2ml/L (will stop end of week 2)
PM grow 3ml/L (will try 4ml/L week 2)
Ph down to 6.0 (should rise to 6.2ish)

This brings my ec to 1.3.. As long as they look healthy I will continue to bring this up by 0.1 each week then from week 4 I will add pk4-8 and raise ec by 0.2each week untill flush.
This is if they look healthy though, my 1st grow they were sick by the end of week 1 flower.

Welcome to the jungle
PXL_20221227_120429501.jpg

✌🏼

Just a small update as I may have spoke too soon! A couple of nights back I spent hours trimming the mothers of these ladies in this journal and during their growth it wasn't what I was looking for but now they are dry they smell amazing! More like blueberry cheese but I would definitely have kept a mother if I new the final result. The buds are dry and sticky like they used to be I'm just yet to taste them! I'm a week in flower now and thinking should I still try take a cutting and see if it works or if it's to late 😂 wish I had taken some just in case.

As for these ladies it's game on! After the last watering my run off pH from two plants was 6.3 and 6.5! One of them was just going over 8.0ph before my changes so all I have done is sort out the alkalinity and water with run off every watering.. I'm now thinking if I go back to watering without run off but keep buffering my water I may be able to treat it like soil and go back to f-w-f or f-w-w-f. This will save any nutrient wastage, tent head room and waste pump and bucket. I'll definitely be keeping the auto watering though.
I have just picked up a infrared thermometer so I can get my vpd back on point and hopefully finish these off nicely!

My big tent will be cleaned and set up ready for my first try of autos and my brains thinking should I get the same cheap compost as it's half the price of soil or actually try growing in soil this time 😂 I have blackberry kush and mimosa x orange punch the plan was to run autos with the mother for something different but keep on tent for my cheese.

No new pictures as I haven't been with them but hopefully see them tonight for a watering.

PXL_20221227_191639063.jpg

Until next year ✌️ have a gooden

Day 6 flower

Just caught my girls praying that you all have the most dank & sticky year full of highs!

PXL_20221231_174055208.jpg

Yooo they're lookin sweet man great work happy new year have a green 1
Thanks bro I'm well chuffed right now! If I could get them to finish up looking like yours I would be over the moon!

Thanks bro I'm well chuffed right now! If I could get them to finish up looking like yours I would be over the moon!
If I was you I would be your guna have sites everywhere! Thanks man they've really made me pinch myself. I must say with the conditions dialled in theyve loved the enviroment and I stuck to my nute schedule its been a real joy this time round.

If I was you I would be your guna have sites everywhere! Thanks man they've really made me pinch myself. I must say with the conditions dialled in theyve loved the enviroment and I stuck to my nute schedule its been a real joy this time round.
That's it bud when it's going right it's a buzz on its own! And you'll appreciate a healthy plant much more after a few bumps in the road! I will definitely try to get a feed/nute schedule going on my next one as you have 🤞🏼

Day 9 flower

Almost at the 2 week week mark really need to get rid of the lower growth as light is scarce down there..
The stretch is real 🤣 My 1st attempt didn't stretch at all but these guys are exploding every feed! The lanky ones are getting close to the light but i won't ove it up untill I see some burn.. lights are only at 75% so thinking should have gave them more now.
I haven't been checking run off anymore and won't unless I see a problem l..
also still waiting on my new water drippers to arrive hopefully in time for the Defoliation so can pull them out individual strip them, photo shoot then re install with new drippers.

This morning they was fed the same as before except I added 1ml/L of bloom to start easing it in. I will completely cut grow from day 14.

PXL_20230103_183706857.jpg

PXL_20230103_183627590.jpg

PXL_20230103_183641485.jpg

PXL_20230103_183609758.jpg

Day 9 flower

Almost at the 2 week week mark really need to get rid of the lower growth as light is scarce down there..
The stretch is real 🤣 My 1st attempt didn't stretch at all but these guys are exploding every feed! The lanky ones are getting close to the light but i won't ove it up untill I see some burn.. lights are only at 75% so thinking should have gave them more now.
I haven't been checking run off anymore and won't unless I see a problem l..
also still waiting on my new water drippers to arrive hopefully in time for the Defoliation so can pull them out individual strip them, photo shoot then re install with new drippers.

This morning they was fed the same as before except I added 1ml/L of bloom to start easing it in. I will completely cut grow from day 14.

PXL_20230103_183706857.jpg

PXL_20230103_183627590.jpg

PXL_20230103_183641485.jpg

PXL_20230103_183609758.jpg
Damn that tent is FULL and the leaves are all praying your almost to cruise control now!

Damn that tent is FULL and the leaves are all praying your almost to cruise control now!
The mentality was if it turns out crap like the one before at least I'll get loads of small buds but I could possibly be swimming in it 🤣 will definitely only do 6 plants max in this tent next time.
One more week and it's feed untill flush 🙏 I get no issues.

The mentality was if it turns out crap like the one before at least I'll get loads of small buds but I could possibly be swimming in it 🤣 will definitely only do 6 plants max in this tent next time.
One more week and it's feed untill flush 🙏 I get no issues.
LOL yea I tend to overdo it as well sometimes!
Thats why I started using the scrog nets so I could train myself to flip it, otherwise I'd have 8 trees in 5-gallon buckets vegged for 2 years before I flipped the lights :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL yea I tend to overdo it as well sometimes!
Thats why I started using the scrog nets so I could train myself to flip it, otherwise I'd have 8 trees in 5-gallon buckets vegged for 2 years before I flipped the lights :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I mean I wouldn't mind seeing it done 🤣 🤣
Now that it seems to be in check I will definitely do 6 in the same tent next time and see if I can get the same result with half the veg time and one less plant.
I still have 5 seeds of this strain so will pop one with my auto run and take cuttings from it when I'm ready next.

I mean I wouldn't mind seeing it done 🤣 🤣
Any time this conversation comes up I'm pointing people to @AspenCultivator you don't have to post the picture again :laughtwo: that image is just burned into my head, and we were literally just talking about plant size! :laughtwo:
Now that it seems to be in check I will definitely do 6 in the same tent next time and see if I can get the same result with half the veg time and one less plant.
I still have 5 seeds of this strain so will pop one with my auto run and take cuttings from it when I'm ready next.
Oh an auto run? is that next? I've been drawn to them seeing so many people gravitate toward them, but I was thinking of that in my living soil bed when that comes to fruition

I love showing off this picture though! Keep tagging me haha!

Hey greeenvein! Nice grow you got here, I'm gonna start from the beginning and see what you're up to. As for the pic goes, I flipped a known stretching strain way too late and she never stopped stretching. All the way to harvest, I had colas snaking their way along the ceiling of the tent (26"x26"x60" I think it was) and growing above the lights. Super fun, would not suggest others do the same!

Any time this conversation comes up I'm pointing people to @AspenCultivator you don't have to post the picture again :laughtwo: that image is just burned into my head, and we were literally just talking about plant size! :laughtwo:

Oh an auto run? is that next? I've been drawn to them seeing so many people gravitate toward them, but I was thinking of that in my living soil bed when that comes to fruition
Yeah only doing a autoflowers as i wanted to keep a mother, so thought may aswell I've plenty of room.
Yeah that would be a good idea and they have to be tried!

I love showing off this picture though! Keep tagging me haha!

Hey greeenvein! Nice grow you got here, I'm gonna start from the beginning and see what you're up to. As for the pic goes, I flipped a known stretching strain way too late and she never stopped stretching. All the way to harvest, I had colas snaking their way along the ceiling of the tent (26"x26"x60" I think it was) and growing above the lights. Super fun, would not suggest others do the same!

That's crazy 🤣🤣🤣 imagine that!! Weaving buds around sewing your net! 🤣

Day 13 flower

Just a small update with some pictures, Thier still coming along well and I think starting to produce some sugar! Only bad thing is a few of the tops started to get wind burn but should be ok by tomorrow.
The garden was fed yesterday this time with 3ml/L grow plus 2ml/L bloom. They should be ready for another feed tomorrow which will be bloom only & I will increase this every feeding for the next two weeks then my pk4-8 will be introduced.
I'm still waiting on my new drippers to arrive but if their not here by Wednesday I will have to add them later but I will be pulling each one from the tent, removing unwanted/pointless lower growth and watering individually for a final test where their media is at.

So as I said I quite liked what I managed to harvest from the mothers of these so I planted another seed.. if it grows anything like my front 4 I will keep it as my mother but if not she'll get the chop, I still had five seeds spare so why not grow one with my autos.
I will show you her home with my autos in the last few pictures but seeds only just met the soil today!

PXL_20230107_135345268.jpg

PXL_20230107_135358405.jpg

PXL_20230107_135408309.jpg

PXL_20230107_135518150.MP.jpg

Potential mother for later in the year
PXL_20230105_191503265.jpg
PXL_20230105_191552149.jpg
PXL_20230107_135130555.jpg

Not sure weather I'll do a journal on my autos as it's just a mess around with lights/pots and also 1st attempt growing autos and proper soil.

✌🏼

Day 17 flower

I have been so busy my garden finally got some peace from me but I made up for it today🤣 plants probably wish I never came back 😅..
So today was prune day! as I pulled the out one by one I noticed all of the plants was showing me what they wanted removed due to no light so I done as they asked plus more. I definitely will not be putting this many plants in this tent again 🤣 basically cut off a plant in total and would most likely have yielded the same with just 4 plants whist using less water and nutes.
After I finished trimming my bush they finally got a feed, a day late and they was super dry but hopefully they cheer up in a couple of hours.
Today's feed was just magne-cal & bloom @ 6.2ph/1.5ec.
Here's a before and after of each plant.
PXL_20230111_101821174.jpg

PXL_20230111_103841599.jpg

PXL_20230111_104246656.jpg

PXL_20230111_111323492.jpg

PXL_20230111_112025141.jpg

PXL_20230111_113643460.jpg

PXL_20230111_114104996.jpg

PXL_20230111_115924089.jpg

PXL_20230111_120645319.jpg

PXL_20230111_122057817.jpg

Continued:

Back