Big Buddha Cheese Clones! Pheno Hunt 2022 Grow 2 Student Level: Indoor, Soil, LED

Hey guys! Thought I'd have a go at one of these journals as tracking is always beneficial to problem solving.
Currently I'm growing 5 plants (1st grow) from seed to get the best pheno of a strain I loved many years ago.
This journal will be based on the clones I have taken from the 5 plants. Cuttings were done so wrong as it was my first time but their not doing bad so far..

Here's my 7 / 8 babies! (Only one clone from 2 of the 5) Strain is Buddah cheese photoperiods, 15-20%thc indicas.

PXL_20221019_183808235.jpg

obviously only one will be kept as mother plant should I be happy and hopefully the rest make it to flower.. unfortunately I might loose one (impatience) but hopefully it's one that I took two clones from 🤞🏼 and last one will be in the pot tomorrow

My veg set up:
3x3 tent
2 x Viparspectra p1000
Cheap 4" intake
Small 8" fan
1500w oil heater (lung room)
Faran hr15 humidifier (lung room)

Flower room:
4x4 tent
2 x Viparspectra XS2000
2 x 6" rvk in & out
2 x 6" pole fan's 1 x 8" floor fan
Phresh carbon filter
20L pots but may reduce
Same lung room as veg
Same exhaust room with enviroklenz purifier

Beds:
Cheap £12/100L all purpose soil and perlite
Old timers grow and bloom
Rhizotonic, Epsom salt, molasses, microrhizzai
Ro / tap water mix

I will try to keep weekly updates hopefully get some LST done and possibly hold one back for a long mainline.

✌️✌️✌️❤️

@greenvein , nice looking plants considering its your first attempt and as you said, it was not a perfect cutting, but those ladies are living.
I for one am looking forward to your journal to watch them progress.

@greenvein , nice looking plants considering its your first attempt and as you said, it was not a perfect cutting, but those ladies are living.
I for one am looking forward to your journal to watch them progress.

Thanks mate appreciate the support! They took near a month to root enough 🤣 and last one is just about there 🤦
Where there is growth there is hope

Nice. I've got a Big Buddha Cheese 24 days old now. Can't wait to try it. I'll follow along. :popcorn:
That cheese seems quite popular even though I cant get it 🤣 your ladies look good bud I just pulled up a chair 😎
my originals are now week 3 flower will get a pic on here soon as they will be deciding on my mother

Ok now that all my clones are in pots here's where I am at.

PXL_20221024_165547575.jpg

The 4 healthier ones have had about 10 days in pots with notable growth.
The 2 next to them have had about a week in pots with little change but promising
The 1 back left has had a few days n looks past it to me but on a node down their is new growth so will see.
The 1 back right hasn't had 24 hours yet but the roots looked ready.

What do you guys call the original these came from their just their mothers?? Well this is their mothers going into week 3 flower waiting their first bloom feed and and will be removing all large fan leaves and a few lower bud sites.. I kept them very short so most are getting good light.

PXL_20221024_105913166.jpg

PXL_20221024_110104617.jpg

Any tips or advice welcome I know I've stressed them alot tinkering all the time lol but not bad for my first 😁

✌️✌️

One week on and growth is in full swing! 7 out of 8 made it and the last one to root is tiny but healthy.. their looking quite leggy compared to what their mothers was like as seedling but had to keep light down for the late bloomers.

Will give them some support, top them soon and maybe some LST later

Here they are:

PXL_20221031_093546489.jpg

PXL_20221031_093607710.jpg

PXL_20221031_093624047.jpg

PXL_20221031_093631911.jpg

PXL_20221031_093639573.jpg

PXL_20221031_093648310.jpg

PXL_20221031_093653106.jpg

PXL_20221031_093708859.jpg

One week later they have just been plodding along. All roots are out the bottom and haven't had to water then yet also soil is complete so will check the ec in a week or so. just pulled the light a bit closer and topped 4 of them today will do the other three in a few days.
Decided not to train them as I want them a bit taller this time round. ✌️✌️✌️

PXL_20221105_133811887.jpg

PXL_20221105_133807320.jpg

Another week another update the ladies are looking a bit beat up! The first 4 to root are root bound and looking sad.. having to water every other day so going to repot them and try some fabric pots this time..

So my cheap soil I have been using is far to nutrient rich! I have mixed the last load with Coco to see if I can dilute it a bit but my pH is high although I have only watered a few times since repot and my ec is also crazy high. This caused me issues on my first attempt so will flush before repotting and get a more stable reading.

I'll have them back in action next week ready for war! Didn't want to pot up as this tent is to small for the amount of plants but it might have to be done 🤦🏽‍♂️

PXL_20221115_130252697.jpg
PXL_20221115_131405487.jpg

Managed to get time to pot up over the weekend!! They definitely wasn't happy it took two days and some defoliation to get them looking half decent again. No food used yet just rhizzo and silicon.. changed ro/di & tap water mix to 50/50 also think I will start airating my tap water too.

Next week possibly a little more topping, Lolly popping and super crop the lanky ones to even the canopy.
Might have to just flower the lot in the tiny tent as my bigger one won't be ready for 3 weeks min.

PXL_20221122_200816091.jpg

Forgot to add my pic of my roots 😍 I thought I was going to be in trouble under their as they was very unhappy but must have been dry of nutrition.. next time I'm definitely going to pot up twice on my photos! Think that's one reason they stretched so much .

✌️✌️
PXL_20221119_141232952.jpg

Looks like things are recovering! Im subbed to see how this plays out.

Thanks bud you and me both 🤣 yeah theirs always time in veg but as I'll probably be flowering in my veg tent I'm going to double my lights and upgrade my fans and filters to give them a better environment 🤞🏼

✌️

Thanks bud you and me both 🤣 yeah theirs always time in veg but as I'll probably be flowering in my veg tent I'm going to double my lights and upgrade my fans and filters to give them a better environment 🤞🏼

✌️

😂😂😂

I think you'll be smooth sailing in flower with those additions.
what lights and fans are you going to be upgrading with?

😂😂😂

I think you'll be smooth sailing in flower with those additions.
what lights and fans are you going to be upgrading with?
🤞🏼🤞🏼 I hope so
I just use rvk blowers on a twin controller but will go from 4" to 6"
Intake is 4" with diffuseair can
I have two 100w vipar spectra led in their and a spare so might get one more to make it 400w so I don't waste them.

Are you still going to keep a mother? Do you have another space for her if your veg tent is now flowering as well!

Unfortunately not bud although these are nice there not what I was looking for but I will probably start another cheese strain from seed next year to see what it's like.. theirs so many but when I find it I'll treasure it!

Unfortunately not bud although these are nice there not what I was looking for but I will probably start another cheese strain from seed next year to see what it's like.. theirs so many but when I find it I'll treasure it!
I completely get it no point in keeping a strain around you’re not too fond of.

I plan on taking a clone of all my plants then putting them to flower this way if I don’t like the smoke or the grow I have one more run of it then I’ll drop a new seed.

Yeah that's it plus if it's something you like you don't have to start from scratch! I have some autos to try once my big T is clear but flush and dry willbe another month yet!

Back
Top Bottom