Blackberry Kush 400W MH/HPS 4x4 & Maybe More

Well, I cut the reversed plant down today, because I figured that even if it does pollinate the other ones or itself, I want it to leave mature seeds, and not pollinate mid-cycle and leave a bunch of immature ones. Kind of sacrificing my seedless-ness already, I don't want it to be more of a pain than it has to be.

When I cut it down I decided to give it one heck of a shake all over the top of the canopy, so hopefully that did something.

Otherwise, this other plant I reversed with the home-made CS looks like it's doing much better. I hardly see any pistills, and the pollen sacs are in nice healthy clusters.

Maybe it's being next-to/in-the-same-pot as this healthy female...

IMG_20170703_164302-1.jpg

IMG_20170703_164320-1.jpg
IMG_20170703_164326.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm thinking that 8 weeks might be a little early. I mean, it's good, but could it be better? The reversed plant flowered for about 11-12, and it smells amazing, is 90% cloudy trichomes and barely a few amber, and it's got a bunch of nice purple to it--which doesn't really matter much, but just interesting what it will do in the last few weeks. I think I might harvest half of this at 8 weeks, and then the other half at a later point.

IMG_20170703_164038.jpg

Well, I started to root those cuttings I took today. They've been in the vegetable crisper for about 4 or 5 weeks now and were starting to wilt. I may have let them warm up to room temperature for too long too, they're kinda floppy. Hopefully the humidity dome will perk them back up.

I mixed up some GH RapidStart and some Xtreme Gardening Azos for the solution to soak the plugs in. pH'd to about 5.8-6.0, hard to tell because my ph meter is a piece of crap.

I'm hoping that they will enjoy it in my bathroom since that's the only space I have left to run a veg light...

Oh well, they either take or they don't. Hoping I get some seeds and pollen out of those clones I'm running in the breeding tent. I'm not hopeful that the reversal plant I had wasn't sterile, but after shaking the living crap out of it over my ladies, I see some scrunched up pistils, so maybe.

It doesn't seem like there's any seeds inside of the reversal plant itself but it hasn't dried enough for me to grind it up yet. I can't see any seeds or swollen calyxes though.

Yeah I am hoping she will have some kind of second win, but I figure it should also give me some practical experience using these new EarthJuice nutrients I'm trying out. I kind of hate to try "new" things, all the trial and error, but I feel like the nutrients I was using just weren't working out. I'm not sure why other people don't have as much problems with it as I do, but Flora Nova builds up salts in my pots super quick, and I think excessive flushing is just counter-productive when trying to run pro-biotics. So I think it's probably for the better that I'm biting the bullet and learning to use the organics now. Of course, still not "off the bottle" as the real soil growers would say.

But yeah, she's been given...

EJ Tea
3 Tbsp Grow
1 Tsp Bloom
1 Tsp Oily Cann (Cal, mag and humic acid)
1 Tsp Catalyst ( All sorts of probiotic goodness)
1 Tsp Meta-K
1 Tsp Molasses
Bubbled for 48 hours

Then in addition to that, also running Superthrive foliar and root feeding, as well as Azos root drench. The clones all have mykos inoculations taking too; I gave them some on the first transplant, but then I used my synethic nutrients, and the wive's tale is that kills mycorhiza--so I'm rebuilding them. All the more reason to not want to flush my pots out.

I also realized that there's not much sulfur in the EJ line-up and I think that's what I'm noticing on the scrog plant. I picked up some epsom salts and have been foliar feeding her while she dries out for her next feeding. Aparently the "sulfate" part of the magneisum sulfate will give it the sulfur it needs. Meta-K is supposed to be potassium sulfate, but I don't want to risk building up a potassium toxicity trying to use the sulfur in it.

I'm kind of wanting to try out Earth Juice's "Amazon Bloom" soil too. About the same price as Ocean Forrest; though I didn't care for Ocean Forrest much. I might just stick with Happy Frog, I'm kind of "figuring" it out. It seems a little deficient on Calcium, Magnesium and Sulfur from the runs I've used it in so far. So I might look up how to amend some stuff into it. I really like Happy Frog for the most part, it's really great for sprouting seeds.

Anyway damn I'm rambling tonight. I'm glad things are starting to fire on all cylinders in my garden again. Hoping this second tent turns out to be a good investment. I'm thinking I'm probably going to up-pot those veg ladies again at least once, into 5 or 7 gallon pots. Since I'm down to 4 and have the time to wait, I figure I might as well let them get real big. Just concerned if that T5 is putting out enough light.

Wow that all didn't seem as long when I was typing it out...
i see ur running organics and ur using superthrive..u know that superthrive has alcohol in it dont u? which will kill the bennies in ur soil. if u want a good rooting product use general organics bio root..that stuff is the shit and smokes superthrive

i see ur running organics and ur using superthrive..u know that superthrive has alcohol in it dont u? which will kill the bennies in ur soil. if u want a good rooting product use general organics bio root..that stuff is the shit and smokes superthrive

Yeah I haven't really ran the Superthrive since I was told it burns the roots, but the plants I'm running now did get some Superthrive so I included it in my list.

Week 6 of flowering. Kind of interesting how this plant in the corner is purpling up more than the others. I think it might just be that I've been letting the temperatures get pretty low. Still hoping that this reversal plant will start putting out some pollen. Meanwhile, only 3 of the clones are not dead, the bathroom was too hot for them and I've been too sick to keep close enough eye on them.

IMG_20170714_153902.jpg
IMG_20170714_153919.jpg
IMG_20170714_153924.jpg
IMG_20170714_153931.jpg
IMG_20170714_153934.jpg
IMG_20170714_153953.jpg
IMG_20170714_154031.jpg
IMG_20170714_154037.jpg
IMG_20170714_154157.jpg
IMG_20170714_154244.jpg
IMG_20170714_154251.jpg
IMG_20170714_154259.jpg

Clones are a pain In the ass sometimes. I'm having issues getting clones from a plant at the moment...

Your flowering tent looks really nice, your going to have a ton of bud this round.:bravo:

I hope so! Starting to need to need to prop the plants up. The 26th will be their 8th week which is usually when I have harvested this stuff but I am probably going to do a staggered harvest. A lot of the popcorn buds will fill out nice, and I want some late and early harvest for variety.

Well, I cut a plant down early because I really need meds. Not really happy with the bud development, it's all pretty airy and small. I'm hoping if I let these others ones go a few more weeks they'll "swell" up.

I think that my open-air pollination worked. Finally seeing some pollen coming off the reversed plant, managed to save a few little grains of it in some viles but not really enough to apply. One of the first things I did was wipe some on this other plant, and I think it took, pistills look brown and squiggled up and the calyxes look swollen.

IMG_20170721_111321.jpg

Definitely got seeds! Question is if they can mature before this plant calls it quits, the lower leaves are beginning to yellow... Maybe it's just sapping energy out for seed development. Anyway, spotted some cracked calyxes today. I was thinking about throwing this into the flowering tent so that I could plant some new seeds and get the "breeding" tent back to being a "veg" tent. Thing is the lights in the flower tent are still so high, I don't really want to move this plant into it and have it getting less light. I suppose I could try to prop it up on a 5 gallon bucket, but because of the fabric pot I'm worried that will kind of push the root-ball apart.

Got some pollen too. I cut the reversed plant down and tried to shake out as much as I could onto a pyrex plate. Not really as much as I'd hoped, but I know it's enough to pollinate a bud. Only problem is I don't have any clones off the Blackberry Kush that took, so if these seeds don't mature, that's that for the Blackberry Kush. Could still do a cross of something though.

IMG_20170723_145429.jpg
IMG_20170723_145419.jpg
IMG_20170723_145402.jpg
IMG_20170723_150548.jpg
IMG_20170723_145004.jpg

This plant I cut early doesn't really look like much now that' it's shrunk up from drying... Oh well at least I can comfortable give the other stuff its full time now.

IMG_20170723_145825.jpg

Well, I'm pretty disappointed with the meager yield off these plants. I remember the first time I grew it, I got good yields, but I feel like maybe I cloned a bad phenotype or maybe it's not even Blackberry Kush since I got this bagseed from a totally different source.

The other thing I'm worried about is that these EarthJuice nutrients just suck. Soon as I switched from Flora Nova and Fox Farms, I start seeing fluffy and low yields with a strain I've gotten nice dense buds with before, but I can't really rule out that it was different genes...

Anyway, big as those plants look, I only got about a half ounce off one. Pretty disappointed.

I started some new ones. 5 Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry OG, standard. 5 Panama x Malawi, feminized.

IMG_20170730_154539.jpg
IMG_20170730_154351.jpg
IMG_20170730_154234.jpg

Had to tie some of these branches up in the flowering tent...

Before...
IMG_20170730_161627.jpg

After
IMG_20170730_160441.jpg

They're coming along pretty nicely, I feel like could probably go another couple weeks so I am thinking about making up a tea for them. I have just been giving them straight water for 2 1/2 weeks now.

IMG_20170730_164908.jpg
IMG_20170730_164836.jpg
IMG_20170730_162316.jpg
IMG_20170730_160424.jpg
IMG_20170730_160433.jpg
IMG_20170730_161938.jpg

The pistills are just starting to turn red, so hoping to see them ready by the start or end of week 9. They're at 8 1/2 now

Well, I harvested a plant yesterday at 9 weeks and I think it's a pretty decent time for it. Think I'll let one go to 11 and then let another go even later just to see what happens, get some real nice stoney stuff. It seems like this stuff goes purple if you let the trichomes go amber, but I don't really want that couchlock effect out of everything.

All my seeds made it, but they're a little heat stressed right now. Crazy heat, can't even keep it below 90F in the house. Kind of a shame it's making this stuff dry too fast.

IMG_20170804_204705.jpg
IMG_20170804_204705b.jpg
IMG_20170804_204855.jpg

It's been super hot lately, my grow room has been climbing up to 97 F and there's no really a way for me to cool it off. My seedlings are taking a beating, I think the roots got too hot/dry. I haven't been pH'ing their water but I don't really think that's the issue--I haven't pH'd my flowering plants' water in weeks and they're fine. When I took them out of their solo-sleeves to check the roots in the clear cups, the plastic felt kind of hot to the touch, so I really think my roots got a little cooked :(

IMG_20170811_175749.jpg
IMG_20170811_175757.jpg
IMG_20170811_181531.jpg
IMG_20170811_181545.jpg
IMG_20170811_181557.jpg
IMG_20170811_181602.jpg

Looking good fertilizer! Those close ups of the blackberry kush buds are gorgeous and frosty!! I'm dealing with alot of heat also so I would chop those girls if ur tent is at over 90℉. Should have some good smoke tho!
Thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking the same honestly. Finally got a break in temperatures, but I see that humidity went way up! I mean I know some people would say that's fine but it's usually in the 20-30s for me. These things are starting to kind of keel over under their weight and their leaves are turning purple/yellow and dying off. Real tempting to try to push them a little more for that extra weight but I don't wanna end up with mold or something and I think these temperatures are prime for it.

IMG_20170812_155627.jpg
IMG_20170812_155624.jpg

IMG_20170812_155559.jpg

My next adventure has already begun with these seedlings though... It looks like their roots definitely took some heat damage, I'm seeing tell-tale necro spots. They might be getting a little bit for the cups already too... I'm not really sure how to keep them happy in them for a few more weeks until I can transplant. Gotta get fresh soil, learned my lesson on re-using old stuff. I've seen people grow plants start to finish in solo cups so I know they should be able to go a few weeks. I think I just need to water them different, let them sit happy sipping instead of dry/water/dry/water to get the roots going. No sense in making the roots huge just to get pot-bound...

Panama x Malawi Feminized (top row) and my Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry OG cross. If I find a cut I like and stabilize I'll call it "Trashbag OG" in remembrance of the trashbag I pulled its daddy's pollen from :p

IMG_20170812_142609.jpg
IMG_20170812_142603.jpg
IMG_20170812_142556.jpg
IMG_20170812_142553.jpg
IMG_20170812_142123.jpg

Back
Top Bottom