Blue Magic Mushroom Honey

Blue Magic Honey

While mushroom-infused honey is often called “blue honey,” it is not actually always blue. It will only turn blue if the mushroom in question was bruised, and the color change isn’t exactly optimal—it means that some of the psilocybin was destroyed by exposure to air. But a little bit of bluing still leaves plenty of psilocybin to enjoy, and “blue honey” is a cool name whether your product ends up literally blue or not.

The reason to make blue honey is essentially to hide the mushroomy taste, which many people do not like. You can eat the honey by the spoon or mix it into drinks or spread it on toast (some writers recommend using it for baking, but please remember heat destroys psilocybin). Reportedly the effects of the mushroom don’t change; your trip simply begins in a more delicious way.

How to Make Blue Shroom Honey

Making blue honey is quite easy and requires no special equipment—all you really need to do is mix the dried shroom powder and the honey together, put the result away in a cabinet for a while, and you’re good to go.

Equipment and Ingredients

A glass jar with a lid

A grinder

A scale that measures in mg

Stirring implement like a spoon or anything you can stir with. Nothing to big, you will need to clean the honey off of it.

Something to mark the jar with like masking tape (clear tape and some paper will work, too) pencil or marker, or whatever you have

Honey

Dry psilocybin mushrooms

Note: that the mushrooms must be cracker-dry as any moisture in them could cause the honey to ferment. The honey itself should be relatively runny as thicker honeys are harder to mix.

Step-by-Step

Jar 210 grams
Honey 340 grams
Mushroom material 12 grams
-------------------------------------------
562 - jar 210 = 352 grams of blue honey.

Weigh your mushrooms and record their weight; I used 1 to 1 ratio or 1 gram of mushrooms to 1 oz. of honey for this first run.

Powder your mushrooms using a coffee grinder, mortar and pestle, or whatever else you like to use. This increases the surface area of the mushroom particles and helps the psilocybin seep out into the honey.

Mix the powder into your honey; how much Honey you use is up to you, but the more honey you use (for the same amount of mushroom), the less potent your final product will be—and the sweeter it will be. For the first run I will use a 1 to 1 ratio.

Weigh the mixed honey and the jar. Record the result.

The conversion I used was 12 oz. or one cup of honey into grams is about 340 grams.

Calculate the dosage (see below), write it on masking tape, and stick it to the jar.

Put the lid on and put your mushroom honey away in a cool, dark place for at least a month. For one to four months; is better, longer the better.

Once your honey has sat with itself for a while, the psilocybin will be infused throughout the honey—basically you’ve made tea with honey instead of with water. You can then use the honey however you would any other psilocybin product.

Note: if you really like honey, be sure to have some regular honey on hand, too. You don’t want to go on eating more and more blue honey with a spoon while you wait for the effects to come on and accidentally over-dose yourself! Just take your measured dose and then switch to regular honey if you want to further indulge your sweet-tooth!

Dosage and Potency

The potency of a jar of blue honey depends on how much mushroom you put in and what mushroom you used. Therefore, to calculate dose sizes for yourself, you’ll need the following information:

The potency of the mushroom you used. I don’t know the potency of Tidal Wave.

The weight, in grams, of the dried mushroom you used

The total weight in grams (minus the weight of the jar!) of the blue honey you have made up

The conversion figure for grams of honey to teaspoons (you can find this number online; unfortunately, there is more than one version of the number, so you’ll have to sort out which is most reliable)

Now, you need a little bit of math:
Calculate how many teaspoons of blue honey you have
Divide the number of teaspoons of blue honey by the number of grams of dried mushroom you put in the honey. This should give you the amount of honey that contains one gram of mushroom. This is the figure you put on the jar.

When you’re ready to use the honey, measure out however much blue honey contains the number of grams of mushroom you want to take.

Here are some images of the process.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

edit: @Lady Cannafan

Great guide, I especially love your advice of keeping regular honey on hand, for snacking. I think I may go out in teh near future, find me a new coffee grinder or two. My current one is caked in kief, and I want one for home-roasted coffee beans, too, and one for mushrooms. I would love to get a mortar and pestle like you show, but my arthritis gives me apprehension at its use.

Blue Magic Honey

While mushroom-infused honey is often called “blue honey,” it is not actually always blue. It will only turn blue if the mushroom in question was bruised, and the color change isn’t exactly optimal—it means that some of the psilocybin was destroyed by exposure to air. But a little bit of bluing still leaves plenty of psilocybin to enjoy, and “blue honey” is a cool name whether your product ends up literally blue or not.

The reason to make blue honey is essentially to hide the mushroomy taste, which many people do not like. You can eat the honey by the spoon or mix it into drinks or spread it on toast (some writers recommend using it for baking, but please remember heat destroys psilocybin). Reportedly the effects of the mushroom don’t change; your trip simply begins in a more delicious way.

How to Make Blue Shroom Honey

Making blue honey is quite easy and requires no special equipment—all you really need to do is mix the dried shroom powder and the honey together, put the result away in a cabinet for a while, and you’re good to go.

Equipment and Ingredients

A glass jar with a lid

A grinder

A scale that measures in mg

Stirring implement like a spoon or anything you can stir with. Nothing to big, you will need to clean the honey off of it.

Something to mark the jar with like masking tape (clear tape and some paper will work, too) pencil or marker, or whatever you have

Honey

Dry psilocybin mushrooms

Note: that the mushrooms must be cracker-dry as any moisture in them could cause the honey to ferment. The honey itself should be relatively runny as thicker honeys are harder to mix.

Step-by-Step

Jar 210 grams
Honey 340 grams
Mushroom material 12 grams
-------------------------------------------
562 - jar 210 = 352 grams of blue honey.

Weigh your mushrooms and record their weight; I used 1 to 1 ratio or 1 gram of mushrooms to 1 oz. of honey for this first run.

Powder your mushrooms using a coffee grinder, mortar and pestle, or whatever else you like to use. This increases the surface area of the mushroom particles and helps the psilocybin seep out into the honey.

Mix the powder into your honey; how much Honey you use is up to you, but the more honey you use (for the same amount of mushroom), the less potent your final product will be—and the sweeter it will be. For the first run I will use a 1 to 1 ratio.

Weigh the mixed honey and the jar. Record the result.

The conversion I used was 12 oz. or one cup of honey into grams is about 340 grams.

Calculate the dosage (see below), write it on masking tape, and stick it to the jar.

Put the lid on and put your mushroom honey away in a cool, dark place for at least a month. For one to four months; is better, longer the better.

Once your honey has sat with itself for a while, the psilocybin will be infused throughout the honey—basically you’ve made tea with honey instead of with water. You can then use the honey however you would any other psilocybin product.

Note: if you really like honey, be sure to have some regular honey on hand, too. You don’t want to go on eating more and more blue honey with a spoon while you wait for the effects to come on and accidentally over-dose yourself! Just take your measured dose and then switch to regular honey if you want to further indulge your sweet-tooth!

Dosage and Potency

The potency of a jar of blue honey depends on how much mushroom you put in and what mushroom you used. Therefore, to calculate dose sizes for yourself, you’ll need the following information:

The potency of the mushroom you used. I don’t know the potency of Tidal Wave.

The weight, in grams, of the dried mushroom you used

The total weight in grams (minus the weight of the jar!) of the blue honey you have made up

The conversion figure for grams of honey to teaspoons (you can find this number online; unfortunately, there is more than one version of the number, so you’ll have to sort out which is most reliable)

Now, you need a little bit of math:
Calculate how many teaspoons of blue honey you have
Divide the number of teaspoons of blue honey by the number of grams of dried mushroom you put in the honey. This should give you the amount of honey that contains one gram of mushroom. This is the figure you put on the jar.

When you’re ready to use the honey, measure out however much blue honey contains the number of grams of mushroom you want to take.

Here are some images of the process.

Hope this helps.

Tok..

edit: @Lady Cannafan
I just wanted you to know that I have been making blue honey 🍯 for years and never had any problems with it fermenting. I also always used fresh mushrooms but I guess it’s possible that they could ferment. Here’s an example for using fresh. It’s only a screenshot though because I don’t know how to post links. Happy travels CL🍀. :surf::woohoo:

IMG_4376.png

I just had an old memory pop into my head!
Great guide, I especially love your advice of keeping regular honey on hand, for snacking. I think I may go out in teh near future, find me a new coffee grinder or two. My current one is caked in kief, and I want one for home-roasted coffee beans, too, and one for mushrooms. I would love to get a mortar and pestle like you show, but my arthritis gives me apprehension at its use.
My buddy down in Florida used his coffee grinder for weed and then made coffee in it and got high on his coffee LOL

I guess the fatty acids in the coffee allowed the THC to be decarboxylated when the coffee brewed, making it edible coffee special coffee

I just had an old memory pop into my head!

My buddy down in Florida used his coffee grinder for weed and then made coffee in it and got high on his coffee LOL

I guess the fatty acids in the coffee allowed the THC to be decarboxylated when the coffee brewed, making it edible coffee special coffee
I don’t know if this makes any difference with possible fermentation but I always used Organic Raw Honey. Maybe using regular honey can cause it? CL🍀

Thank you for stopping by @CaptainLucky

There are many ways to make Magic Honey, I just listed one.
I grinded my shrooms up into a power, but I have heard of individuals using whole mushrooms. To me this would be a nightmare getting the shrooms out without losing a bunch of the honey.
You are welcome to list another ways to make honey if you like or just post the way you do it.

Any thing I list I research and read before I post.

Will you going to be growing mushrooms again soon?

There are many ways to make Magic Honey, I just listed one.
I grinded my shrooms up into a power, but I have heard of individuals using whole mushrooms. To me this would be a nightmare getting the shrooms out without losing a bunch of the honey.
You are welcome to list another ways to make honey if you like or just post the way you do it.

Any thing I list I research and read before I post.

Will you going to be growing mushrooms again soon?
I’m waiting until I go through my stash first. Since they are not legal I would hate to found in possession of a lot of them. But I definitely will then. CL🍀 :surf: :woohoo:

An update on the Magic Honey.

I checked the Honey yesterday and seen everything has separated into layers. It was very thick and needed to be stirred. So, I used a teaspoon to mix the mushrooms and honey it up again.

Here are some current images.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom