Blue Mystic In Canna Terra Pro Using Cheap LED

Cutting the holes were way easier than I imagined it would be. They packed some nice tools to make smooth sailing. Other than the holes being irreversible, I like it a lot. Air enters in the bottom front and exits at the top rear. Just one other inlet for the power.

Besides strapping in the exhaust fan and filter It seems good to go. I need a couple monkey fans, but I am waiting a week to order so I can get the nice ones that go with the tent.

Attachments

• 20190413_170100.jpg
    20190413_170100.jpg
    913.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190413_170055.jpg
    20190413_170055.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190413_170039.jpg
    20190413_170039.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190413_154421.jpg
    20190413_154421.jpg
    900.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20190413_154412.jpg
    20190413_154412.jpg
    971.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190413_154355.jpg
    20190413_154355.jpg
    616.9 KB · Views: 32
Taking a look a little closer at the topped plants....thing #1 is reacting marvelously. With the increase in nutes she is exploding. The second one however, is looking like I might have missed. Not as much growth overall as the first and it looks like it is starting to form a branch off the top of the cut.

Attachments

• 20190413_140458.jpg
    20190413_140458.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190413_172506.jpg
    20190413_172506.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 44
When it rains it pours.....got the COB in as well as the exhaust and carbon filter. A little hectic, but it is all here in one piece.

Gonna grab a beer....settle in and unbox everything.

I have some yellowing on the edges of the fan leaves and will need some eyes to help identify what is off. With my seedling eyes I am thinking it might be the LED is a little to close....I backed it off last night, but the issue has gotten worse over the day.

I will wait until I have the new white light installed for clarity.

Attachments

• 20190415_170902.jpg
    20190415_170902.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20190415_170854.jpg
    20190415_170854.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 39
Alright, so some shots of the yellowing in question. Following this I will give a detailed description of my feeding schedule. Basically it has been full strength recommended nutes and my light was originally at around 24" above set at 100% Veg and 60% Bloom. I moved the light up to 28" and it didn't seem to make a difference.

The new COB is up quite high at 36".
20190415_173916.jpg
20190415_173943.jpg
20190415_173934.jpg

For the 2 five gallon smart pots I have been feeding one gallon per day. 12ml of the grow and 5ml of the Bloom as recommended. I cut back the amount to under a gallon....I add one solo cup at a time slowly until I start to see run off. They are taking about four cups each and the run off is about one cup for each of them.

My PH is measuring around 5.8 after nutes are added and adjusted with a few drops of lemon juice.

I have used a little sample bottle of general hydroponics Floralicious twice as a foliar feed twice. Once last week and once last night. Not too strong of a mix and sprayed as soon as lights out.

Screenshot_20190415-175244_Drive.jpg

If I had to guess I would probably cut the amount of nutes in half and see how that goes.

Any suggestions or guidance is welcome as always.

Great day to ya Seedling...:high-five:...exciting stuff in the mail today ...cool!
Would love to offer up some guidance , help , but i'm not a fan of your grow method. Those roots are not liking all the water and things you are giving them everyday,..right? The new growth still looks great. Your light doesn't have anything to do with that slight yellowing , although i will recommend just putting your light as high up as possible,...and leave it there. Adjust the plants,..up on boxes shelves, etc. Let the plants grow up into the light .
Do you have a speed controller , for the exhaust fan/filter, yet? Highly recommend getting one...they are inexpensive , around 20 bones. Try not to run the fan faster than 85% ,..best to keep it between 65-85 % , helps it last longer and is quieter to operate. Best not to have it screaming away at 100% , if you can help it.
Now,..anyone who knows me here , knows i'm gonna 'pitch' Doc's gear to you....you are best to just switch now...get on board,..."resistance is futile, you will be assimilated."....:slide:...You will become a weed snob of the highest order, a 'ner de well, misfit....' Cheers Seedling. :passitleft:...oh forgot to say....nice to see your 'lad' there, watchin things....:thumb:

Great day to ya Seedling...:high-five:...exciting stuff in the mail today ...cool!
Would love to offer up some guidance , help , but i'm not a fan of your grow method. Those roots are not liking all the water and things you are giving them everyday,..right? The new growth still looks great. Your light doesn't have anything to do with that slight yellowing , although i will recommend just putting your light as high up as possible,...and leave it there. Adjust the plants,..up on boxes shelves, etc. Let the plants grow up into the light .
Do you have a speed controller , for the exhaust fan/filter, yet? Highly recommend getting one...they are inexpensive , around 20 bones. Try not to run the fan faster than 85% ,..best to keep it between 65-85 % , helps it last longer and is quieter to operate. Best not to have it screaming away at 100% , if you can help it.
Now,..anyone who knows me here , knows i'm gonna 'pitch' Doc's gear to you....you are best to just switch now...get on board,..."resistance is futile, you will be assimilated."....:slide:...You will become a weed snob of the highest order, a 'ner de well, misfit....' Cheers Seedling. :passitleft:

Bwahaha! You know if you push me hard enough I will start cooking up the soil tomorrow!

My mind can be a strange thing....I just hit a point where I had enough with procrastinating and started buying stuff. I think what I was thinking initially was to start slowly collecting the gear and I started a few seeds as a side thought. Now they're alive and I'm just going with it.

First order of business if/when these two are close to finishing is cooking up some of that good stuff and there will be four pots in there on a serious run. This is really just a practice run. No pressure at all for me to produce.

Temps, humidity, ph, whatever seems to be easily controlled...we will see how it goes through the summer.

I have seen to talking about the speed controller in other threads. If you have a model in mind to recommend and where to get it....it will be here by the weekend.

Ok, great ...now i know i lil bit more about your situation , etc. ...Yes, those speed controllers are just little things , no big deal , they are available anywhere on the web. Just google 120volt , speed controllers. Mine is by 'Active Air'. You will be glad you got it . They cost around 20 -30 dollars. They plug in to a regular receptacle and have a grounded receptacle built in that u plug your fan into. Get a 'kit'....start cooking the soil ....your gonna want it ,...sooner , rather than later.....:surf:

I got a kit! I posted pics in this journal of my Doc Bud kit!

Moving forward though, I woke up this morning and started some research. I can't blame the products I am working with...it is definitely a case of User error.

Turns out I probably need to get the journal title changed. It is two thirds incorrect. Obviously this is no longer a cheap LED grow anymore. The new COB is a beast in that tent.

I took a look at my soil-less mix and it is actually the BioTerra, and not CannaTerra pro. I think I was reading too much Coco methods and this stuff really isn't the same thing at all. It needs to be treated more like soil.

From the website....

Nutrition regulation
"The plant regulates it's needs of nutrients itself, but you need to keep an eye on things to ensure there is the right amount available in the substrate in the first place. If you use too much BIOCANNA Bio Vega or Bio Flores the plant will still take what it needs, but it will create a salt structure which you will need to wash out. If you don't use enough BIOCANNA Vega or Bio Flores it will mean an accelerated consumption of the pre-loaded nutrient in Bio Terra Plus, which can result in a yellowing plant. Please ensure you follow the growschedule of BIOCANNA Bio Vega or Bio Flores correctly."

Screenshot_20190416-044727_Chrome.jpg

The BioCanna nutrients are recommended 1-3 × per week.....I will have to take a closer look and compare the nutes I'm using with theirs.
We are gonna back off this week. I am gonna let the BioCanna get dry on top and feel light when lifted between watering, and I'm gonna wait for the weekend to give em nutes. Gonna stick to a once a week feed and slowly move up.

As always,
Enjoy

I found heaven.....I went out of my way to a different hydro shop.....it is more like a warehouse. They have everything you could ever ask for. They had four different speed controllers for me to choose from. The one I wanted controlled both day and night time temps....but was $120. I got a good one though. No shipping costs, and no tax with cash paid.
20190416_162846.jpg

Thanks for the push to get this Duggan.

Excellent. So much better than having it screaming away at 100% .:passitleft: That line is right about where mine is too. Around 75% .Did you happen to see or get any of those lil 6 inch , 'clip on' fans? If you search them out to buy,..try and get the 'oscillating ' versions ok. Cheers bud.

I forgot to ask about the fans. They have everything I was needing for "the kit." I was struggling to find a source for good EWC, but they got a huge pallet of wiggle worm for 30 bucks a bag. I my jaw was on the floor walking through that place.

I am going back later this week for a few things like a pocket EC meter, and to see if they got those fans your talking about. I am sure they probably have a few different kinds. It looks like they cater to more large scale operations, but that place is massive and filled floor to ceiling with gear.

Back
Top Bottom