Blue Planet Powered 18 Strain Hempy

Re: Hempy-SOG, Qrazy Train,Hammerhead, OG Kush

Fantastic buds, wow they look good!:goodjob: The pics are so clear, top notch.

:thanks:Mark im trying to make them better im only using a 3mp crappy camera phone but ill upgrade soon to an 8mp camera phone but I wanna say thanks to TWELVE12 :thanks: for the great photo taking tips in his thread and I also am send my homie LIQUIDRAGE some props and send towards 2 journals that will make you really wanna try hempy and also great grows first 420FIED he has quite a few but come SOG with me is a legendary journal and he is still putting out great work :adore: and second MARK GREENis running hempy too ill try to link theyre journaMr. Krip. :Namaste::peace:

I dont run an air conditioner I pull cold air from outside into my chambers and exhaust into my ceiling imagine to boxes one on top of the other with the air intake feeding both boxes byway of a 4 inch T and exhausted out of another hole inthe top box into my ceiling and both boxes are connected through intake and there is and exhaust hole from bottom box to top box oppisite intake leading back into top box. Can you picture this? So what im thinking is leave intake as pictured and when I run air cooled reflector hook it up in middle of exhaust in top box between filter and fan. As for reflector I dont wat it 60 inches but maybe 30 so that would leave a foot and a half on each side of reflector placed in center of my closet. I found one 28 inches long on ebay

Roughly

Air goes in to bottom boxes and top box via T

Exhaust hole from bottom box to top box is it PASSIVE?, which is then exhausted outta the top box...

ACR in top box sucking air from within.

Yea dean its not even open now I gotta order 4inch flange for bottom 150s then ill run a booster fan to the exhaust from bottom that will air cool lights in veg and exhaust into top chamber and then into carbon filter out into top of closet wish I could draw it but im using phone.

Ok guys ive got this as where im at in cooling down my closet my 2 choices
1. I can get This reflector and run a 4 inch booster fan on top since its a haystack type reflector but it doesnt have glass.in it ill have to get a piece cut but that shouldnt be a problem, and I can still run my light mover with this one.
2. I can also get this one but ill have to stop my light mover and change my exhaust in the top chamber to pull through it.
So what do you guys think I should do little reflector moving or big reflector stationary? Thanks for yor help guys.:thumb:

Whats up giys im here with a littlw update that will hopefully intice some people to help me with my reflector questions and problems but here we go
FLOWER ROOM AVERAGE DAY 17
IMG_20120320_225645.jpg

IMG_20120320_225743.jpg

FRUITY CHRONIC JUICE DAY 22 with a little defoliation
IMG_20120320_225808.jpg

IMG_20120320_225933.jpg

The FCJ is the oldest being put in flower first.BUT COULD YOU GUYS PLEASE HELP WITH MY REFLECTOR SITUATION PLEASE:helpsmilie:

Nice clear pics MGT and major flower sites everywhere :whoa:

Anyway i think i understand how your room is set up now.

The one that can work with the light rail would do better in your space but you'll have to push air through carbon filter do you have access to the area where the air goes to connect it.

the second one is something im more used to using, can't remember the room size your working with but if you got that one and put it into the middle of your room how far would the edges be from the walls?

Ok guys thanks for the replies @Liquid all those are averaging day 19 oldest being FCJ at day 23
@Dean the small one will blow hot air straight up just about 16 inches above canopy just displacing heat to above canopy closer to carbon filter exhaust but the bigger one will leave around 16 inches on both sides that stick out of sides of reflector but with it raised it might cover from side to side my closet space is 24 inches by 70 so 2ft by 6 and 6 foot tall

I'd go with the 2nd ACR because i don't think pushing the hot air closer to the cf with the 1st will help much and think it will circlate most of the hot air from the bulb around the grow room before being fully exhusted.

I run two bare 600w HPS in a box 40 X 80". Circulate inside like crazy, and suck enough out to keep it cool enough in. Blowing it in helps. Blowing in enough air that's cool enough is key, but always suck out more than you blow in. Enclosed hoods are counterproductive, and never again will they bust my ass with their needs. KISS rules

Mr GMT... I saw your request in my journal and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get here. LOTS going on at fied's house. I haven't had the time to read all the posts up to this point so gimme the low down on your setup and I will provide some feedback.

1. Size of room/tent? How many cubic feet are you trying to cool?
2. Lights? Air cooled hoods? open hoods?
3. Current cooling situation(fans, etc) Current temps with lights on? Lights off?
4. Tell me about your airflow. Tell me about your intake, exhaust fan, etc.

I'm sorry to ask you to list things that I'm sure you've listed along the way but I don't have the time so I need the cliffs.....lol I want to be able to give you solid feedback.

Mr GMT... I saw your request in my journal and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get here. LOTS going on at fied's house. I haven't had the time to read all the posts up to this point so gimme the low down on your setup and I will provide some feedback.

1. Size of room/tent? How many cubic feet are you trying to cool?
2. Lights? Air cooled hoods? open hoods?
3. Current cooling situation(fans, etc) Current temps with lights on? Lights off?
4. Tell me about your airflow. Tell me about your intake, exhaust fan, etc.

I'm sorry to ask you to list things that I'm sure you've listed along the way but I don't have the time so I need the cliffs.....lol I want to be able to give you solid feedback.

Thanks for coming through FIED... :thumb: OK this is what im working with
1. A closet measuring 2 foot by 6 foot by 10 foot split into 3 parts very top where I vent exhaust air to it is 1 foot tall the middle section (which would be flower chamber) is 6 foot tall 72 cubic feet, and bottom section (which would be veg chamber) is 3 foot tall 36 cubic feet and some change.
2. Lights in flower chamber 400 hps
In veg chamber 2x 150 hps
3. Fans 1x 4 inch inline
2x 4 Inch booster fans gonna order 6 inch inline to pull through carbon filter or air cooled hood.
4. My air is supplied by the 4 inch inline from my window it goes through a tee into both flpwer and veg chambers, air is then pulled out by the 2 booster fans through my filter. The veg chamber will be exhausted through the 150s out a hole oppisite the input air by a booster fan (when I get 6 inch inline real soon)
5 My Problem when summer hits the temp of my light will be extremly hot and ill only be pullin minn. night air temps into my room so ill need to go air cooled in some form, so I have 2 options
1. I can get a reflector air cooled measuring 19 inches by 10 inches with haystack type cooling flange (on top) and put a booster fan on it and run my mover but the heat my light will just be moved up higher by the fan away from the top of the canopy but still in my chamber.
2. Get a big air cooled reflector and dont run my mover and pull air thrugh carbon filter and then hood and to exhaust section(which also is my ceiling in my place) but ill have 16 inches on both sides the reflector doesnt completly cover, will this be a problem? Also my temps now are around 80 lights on and 73 lights off but when summer hits it will be hotter
Thanks for your help FIED and OTHERS TBD, LIQUID:thanks::thanks:

good looking grow. i skimmed the best i could to catch up and one thing i was confused on is wheres the nirvana white widow lol. i saw you recieved one for free in the title but didnt see any updates for it.. anywho your grows looking nice you have alot going. the thing i like is your shield you have up in your closet that zips shut. i need one of those. good grow your perpetual will be a fun one to tag along to.. keep up the good work:bravo:

good looking grow. i skimmed the best i could to catch up and one thing i was confused on is wheres the nirvana white widow lol. i saw you recieved one for free in the title but didnt see any updates for it.. anywho your grows looking nice you have alot going. the thing i like is your shield you have up in your closet that zips shut. i need one of those. good grow your perpetual will be a fun one to tag along to.. keep up the good work:bravo:

:thanks: CHIEFIN my nirvana White Widow mother went into flowering about a week ago and ive got a few clones growing straight up to see how it does in my SOG and about that "shield" its not really not a shield ivw wrapped the inside, top, and bottom of both chambers that completly seals each room off from each other and the air inside my place the zipper was my way to keep light and air in its pretty nice I think it looks like a standing body bag :rofl:

I see you got them GreenNblack fingers 4sho, hehe
~subbed
Looking real good Mr.G! Gonna read up on you:high-five:
Im just a few tokes away from joining the 2l army myself!
Peace out.

Thanks for joing me Juicy :thanks: check me out I put white widow,kalashnikova,and papaya 2 exodus cheeses', and 1 the church into flower a week ago yeah the 2liters are great thanks FIED,XARE :thanks: im upgrading a little did you see my pots im going to work into as more go into veg and come out of flower. Veg update tonight ill pull them out stay tuned I look forward to some responses and criticisms' :peace:

Thanks for coming through FIED... :thumb: OK this is what im working with
1. A closet measuring 2 foot by 6 foot by 10 foot split into 3 parts very top where I vent exhaust air to it is 1 foot tall the middle section (which would be flower chamber) is 6 foot tall 72 cubic feet, and bottom section (which would be veg chamber) is 3 foot tall 36 cubic feet and some change.
2. Lights in flower chamber 400 hps
In veg chamber 2x 150 hps
3. Fans 1x 4 inch inline
2x 4 Inch booster fans gonna order 6 inch inline to pull through carbon filter or air cooled hood.
4. My air is supplied by the 4 inch inline from my window it goes through a tee into both flpwer and veg chambers, air is then pulled out by the 2 booster fans through my filter. The veg chamber will be exhausted through the 150s out a hole oppisite the input air by a booster fan (when I get 6 inch inline real soon)
5 My Problem when summer hits the temp of my light will be extremly hot and ill only be pullin minn. night air temps into my room so ill need to go air cooled in some form, so I have 2 options
1. I can get a reflector air cooled measuring 19 inches by 10 inches with haystack type cooling flange (on top) and put a booster fan on it and run my mover but the heat my light will just be moved up higher by the fan away from the top of the canopy but still in my chamber.
2. Get a big air cooled reflector and dont run my mover and pull air thrugh carbon filter and then hood and to exhaust section(which also is my ceiling in my place) but ill have 16 inches on both sides the reflector doesnt completly cover, will this be a problem? Also my temps now are around 80 lights on and 73 lights off but when summer hits it will be hotter
Thanks for your help FIED and OTHERS TBD, LIQUID:thanks::thanks:

You have 3 lights in 120 cubic ft of space. I bet she does get a little warm. Is there any way you can create a lung room to pull air from? What I mean is, pump AC(either by central air or window AC) into a neighboring room and then draw that colder air over your lights instead of pulling in 90* summer air through your window to try and cool them.

Back
Top Bottom