Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

A couple of pics to start the day.
MVIMG_20200714_084313.jpg
IMG_20200714_084403.jpg

The plants all seem to be doing well. I’ve gotten the Zkittles and Bruce Banner hardened and they’ve been outside overnight for two days now. So far so good. The Cindys inside and out are hanging in there. The large outdoor plant that I super-super cropped is still a little pissed off about her unplanned gymnastics routine, but she seems to be doing better. I think there is one more branch that I will remove today since it doesn’t seem to be improving. I’ve been feeding the outdoor plants with MC and bumped the Cindys up to 6g per gallon yesterday. We shall see how they do at that level. I think I read somewhere here recently that going over that amount sometimes causes lockout so I think I will hold there for a couple of feedings. My seed delivery is now at 2 weeks and counting...:straightface:

Highya Boo.
Just doing some quick catch up.
:passitleft:
The mites could have hitched a ride on you but the damn things are so tiny that they could have rode in on a breeze just as easily.
A varied approach is a good one when dealing with these little disgusta-bugs.
Here comes the delusional parasitosis again. ***Itches*** Just thinking about them sets me off.

Here comes the delusional parasitosis again. ***Itches*** Just thinking about them sets me off.
OMG - you and me both! Based on the advice from Shed about not using oil-based products in flower, I may end up just doing the iso/water spray every three days and the water rinsing in between. I’ve not seen anymore but I know there have GOT to be more there.. I believe I brought them in. I have a planter with sweet potato vine in it and I noticed a couple of weeks ago that there were tiny little bugs all over the vine. Didn’t know what they were but there were so many that they were actually on my hands. (Getting itchy now...) Total newbie mistake. I wonder how many of my other plants are infested!!!! :oops:

The Cindys in the tent are fatter each day so I MUST protect them for a few more weeks! Just need to get an iso “dealer“ now.... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanis for stopping by!

Just need to get an iso “dealer“ now.... :cheesygrinsmiley:
You could use Vodka...it's probably cheaper (and easier to find) than iso right now... ;)

Based on the advice from Shed about not using oil-based products in flower, I may end up just doing the iso/water spray every three days and the water rinsing in between.
Just to be clear, oil sprays have their place in flower when necessary, but should probably be rinsed off before they dry (they don't kill bugs when they're dry anyway). The iso/water mix doesn't need to be rinsed off.

Just to be clear, oil sprays have their place in flower when necessary, but should probably be rinsed off before they dry (they don't kill bugs when they're dry anyway). The iso/water mix doesn't need to be rinsed off.
^ What Shed said! Sorry about that. :straightface:

What I meant to say was that I am so close to getting these 6 month-old plants across the finish line (2 of the 4 anyway) that I am hesitant to eff around with the buds any more than I absolutely have to. Those 2 plants in the tent have very spindly stems and they have some fairly nice buds building on them, which is beginning to get a little heavy for the poor things. I’m trying to dance around that situation as safely as I can While propping things with bamboo sticks. Their issues are the product of the shitty environment I provided to them for several months early on.

The two outside are hardy now, don't really have any noticeable mite damage, and are also being fed with MC @6g/gal. But, they are also in flower so....I’m gonna take it a day at a time for now. Pics in a bit.

So, it turns out that my mom will be my current iso dealer...lol. I picked her up yesterday, took her to the “city” and then brought her to the farm as a little break from her daily routine. She was very excited to have the opportunity to come out. It’s been a while since she has been out here. I moved her from the Seattle area to a city close to our farm in the summer of 2018, and I’ve really only been here on weekends up until when we moved here permanently in August 2019. At that time we had two cats - which she is allergic to (asthma) so we did family things at her place. Both of those guys (16 and 17 years old) died within the last 6 weeks. :(That was not fun, but on the positive side, she can now come stay here occasionally. She was thrilled and very interested in my grow. I mentioned my mite problem and the lack of iso and....apparently she’s been buying it and stashing it. Old people, gotta love em! I have a few small bottles now so I’m feeling a little less pressure, but I need to pay more attention to when it is on the shelves! Pics from this evening:
IMG_20200717_183016.jpg
IMG_20200717_182941.jpg
IMG_20200717_083322.jpg
IMG_20200717_182839.jpg

Stay stoned! :blunt:

Cool story about your mom & her cats. Yeah, ya gotta buy iso when you find it. I just bought a bottle the other day. I only bought one, and left the others for...well.....others.

Looks like daddy longlegs. Says they eat mites, so I’d say good.

Sorry about the kitties Boo. :hug:
Glad there is the silver lining of getting to see your mom more often.
Thanks VG. It was a bit of a surprise to have them both go downhill so quickly, but they were pretty old so... It was good to get my mom out here. She loves the peacefulness but it is too far for her to drive (in my opinion), so I generally go see her at least once or twice a week In her neck of the woods. Bonus points for my favorite brewery being in her town...:yahoo:

Hi Boo. Cool journal :) You’re having a nice grow.
I like the playhouse.
Sorry to read about your cats :rip:
This..
So we catered to those fuckers all weekend and had to cancel reservations, etc so we could listen to them talk endlessly about themselves, and the work they are doing for God.
:straightface:
The really messed up part is that they DIDNT EVEN GO HIKING!
:rofl:

:peace::smokin:

Here are a couple pics from today. I moved the Bruce Banner and Zkittles over near the Playhouse to get a little bit of shade throughout the day. The Zkittles is 4 weeks old and the Bruce is just shy of 3 weeks old.
IMG_20200718_131059.jpg
IMG_20200718_131054.jpg

IMG_20200718_131048.jpg

Getting pics of the two Cindy's outside has been a little challenging, but here goes. I took these hanging out the window of the playhouse. This is the talker of the two, she has been super cropped twice and I love the structure she has:
IMG_20200718_162934.jpg

Here are some close ups of her flowers:
IMG_20200718_145827.jpg
IMG_20200718_145812.jpg
IMG_20200718_145740.jpg

Finally, here is the super super cropped outdoor Cindy. She is not as far into preflower as the other one. Getting a pic is hard since she is to the left of the window. I need to move things around next time to get a better shot:
IMG_20200718_145857.jpg

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom